What's new

GW2 What Class Do You Most Want to See Built?

What Class Do You Most Want to See Built?

• Total voters

PsionicFox

Future Man
Guild_Wars_2_Professions.jpg

Alright folks.

DM and I are planning on doing a podcast on 'how to make builds', similar to our Theorycrafting 101 article. We plan to take a look a the design ideas behind a build over the course of the podcast, but we'd like some input into what people want to see, since this will really be for you guys, the alttabme.com community. Take a look here for the topic list, and to check out what our plans are.

So please vote for the profession you want to see, and reply with what role you'd most like to see us take a crack at. Like voting Engineer, and wanting a 'control' build. You'll notice we haven't listed the Thief. That's because we've spent the least time with it, while all the others we've used extensively.

As a reminder, the available roles are: Control, Damage, and Support.

So vote for the profession you want, and don't forget to post the role!

I vote pvp guardian. Whatever role you thing will be best and/or funnest in spvp.

I don't think I mentioned PvP. I probably should have stated that the focus is PvE since I have no desire to examine any etablished meta. But the thought process we use should be similar for PvP and PvE.

And I'll vote Damage for the Guardian.

Pretty much. But you have to make considerations for things that work on people vs NPCs. Which can be a big difference.

Ranger and I wanna see it good at DPS and Multi Target. And being able to survive and not rely on the pet too much :p I feel like the ranger is a dead class.

ranger without a pet is pointless. The pet frees you up to do all kinds of things.

I am voting for a Necromancer. What kind of spec? A fun spec. Like, one that actually gets you to enjoy the class mechanics. A non million minions spec.

I say warrior, dungeon/support builds. Mainly because I have a ridiculous 'Belial MAX DPS' build on my warrior but it leaves you squishy. Seeing other engineer possibilities would be interesting, but I already run what I think to be one of the most reliable, versatile support/grenadier builds on my engineer.

I would be interested in learning more about an Elementalist build for support. Particularly something that involves water and possibly earth? Don't know much on any build for that class so anything would be good really. Also interested in Necromancer but could only vote for one. Thanks guys for doing this!

Keep the votes coming!

Once the podcast is done and dusted, I may spend some time doing what I will call [Profession] Masterclass articles. And in those I'll detail different builds for all the different professions as much as my free time allows. Assuming people want to hear what I have to say anyway.

And Zakis, I have a HEAVILY playtested Tanky/DPS Warrior build if you want to chat about it, which I think will do pretty much exactly what you're asking about. :)

I would like to see a DPS warrior that is NOT!!! greatsword, I have run dungeons with the healing shouts build.. it was ok, then i switched to full dps GS and noticed little difference in survivability and realized that my shouts weren't that helpful to begin with anyway... so yeah.. tired of GS.. I want some Axe action or w/e for that matter.

/nornsmash!

And Zakis, I have a HEAVILY playtested Tanky/DPS Warrior build if you want to chat about it, which I think will do pretty much exactly what you're asking about. :)

Id be interested to see your build. The build I run now is great for general sillyness and its squishyness keeps me on my toes like the engineer toolkit switching, but it just isn't viable in dungeons sometimes.

At any rate this sounds like a great idea for a podcast and/or articles. Lookin forward to it.

Just as input the better you are at knowing the dungeons and dodging attacks the more berserker's pieces you can add as a Warrior. Hell probably all classes. I have all berserker's except chests and legs. High risk/reward. Axe/Mace is good non-GS DPS. 20/10/0/10/30

P.S. Even if you go a support build the defense tree is pretty much damned and worthless.

But ah, I'm stealing thunder here.

Top Bottom