What's new

What is so great about WaWa?

REDACTED

So, Florida just recently started seeing a northern franchise appear in the area called WaWa. It is a gas station/convenience store/sub shop type of place and people are flipping shit over it. A few of my co-workers who are transplanted yankees were gushing with excitement that we're getting WaWa! WE'RE GETTING WAWA! Ehrmehgerd!!!

So, I went to WaWa.

Gas prices were lower which was nice, but I think it's because they are just opening. They sell tastycakes. Ok... well since Twinkies are no longer being made, I guess that is an alternative. You can order sub sandwiches over a computer and pick them up at the counter.

I don't know why I wasn't as impressed as everyone else seems to be. I just think it's a nice convenience store.

So is there something I'm missing?

Another chain also, strangely enough, started cropping up called Thorntons. They are competitors with WaWa, but I haven't been in there.

I don't know... to me it's just another place to go/shop. Not sure what all the fuss is about, but if you love WaWa, please tell me why.

Is it the funny name? If that's the case, then my favorite gas/convenience store is Couche-Tard (in Quebec) because it reminds me of a couch-potato retard. Uh oh... was that not politcally correct? pedobear

They're open 24/7, they've got a huge selection and most of them (certainly every one I've ever been to) are exceptionally clean and well-run. Besides that, I think a lot of it is nostalgia. I live in NY (sadly no WaWa's here yet you ungrateful bum!) but while I went to college in PA there was a WaWa literally across the street from my dorm. There was something otherworldly about being able to push back from my desk at 3am studying for finals and say "FUCK IT. I want a milkshake." and being able to just wander over and get a really good milkshake in 5 minutes. Similarly for when people are up late drinking or what have you and they really want some food. At times when even fast food joints are closed WaWa is a beacon of hope.

WaWa is the Gandalf of convenience stores... look for its coming at first light on the fifth day, at dawn look to the east.

tumblr_m0b3xmqgy01qcqljxo1_500.gif

Top Bottom