What's new

GW2 What Race will you play on release?

What race are you rolling on Release?

• Total voters

Zakis

War Priestess
I figured we had a profession thread but no solid race thread. I know Tr1age was waffling all weekend about which race to choose and this got me wondering.

I plan on playing Sylvari on release as I find their lore and overall concept to be unique and intriguing. Besides I can grow my own vegetables in my hair.

My main (and probably most of my characters to be honest) will be Charr, they're simply too cool. I will probably have 1 Asuran alt because they intrigue me, and I also enjoyed the hair/tattoos on my Norn memser though.

But how can you say no to a Charrzooka?

Charr Ranger, Asuran Engineer, Human (Female) Elementalist or Necro, Sylvari Mesmer, and Norn (or ignore it and go second Charr) Warrior. That's my plan. First Ranger, Then Engy, then Warrior, then the other two.

I will try out the charr on the next weekend beta test, but I will not be playing Norn, I was not happy with norn necromancer that I made. This could be do to the fact that I don't see that big bulky body type being associated with a squishy caster /shrug. I enjoyed the human race, but Asura and Silvari are still up in the air as they were not available this weekend and probably won't be until release.

Human
Pros:
  1. City is beautiful
  2. Armor set for Guardian is amazing(seraph armor)
  3. Chatter in town of city is very relatable.
  4. Due to size of humans armor is not as "heavy" feeling, allowing for more of the characters body to show.
  5. Size being smaller than other races may actually help to push the front lines un-noticed.
  6. Great run animation.
  7. Human seems to fit with a Guardian(holy crusader type vs mountain great hunt type)
  8. Voice is good.

Cons:
  1. City music is not the song I like.
  2. Hair styles are not as interesting as Norn.
  3. Smaller in size, maybe have less of an impact on battlefield as a front liner/instigator.
  4. Weapons are not scaled up to be huge, since the body is smaller.
  5. Lore of humans usually being dicks.
  6. Looks too skinny at times

Norn
Pros:
  1. Gorgeous Hair
  2. Love the home city music
  3. Love the lore of being spirited
  4. Beautiful ice sculptures in city.
  5. Central hub in city(middle area)
  6. Can be really tall.
  7. Weapons look enormous.
  8. Have a very intense presence with facial expressions and body types.

Cons:
  1. Run animation may feel a bit sluggish due to size.
  2. Guardian race armor is ugly.(too sharp and pointy)
  3. Norn race armor in general is a little too snowy mountain for my liking.
  4. Home instance is a lodge, kinda boring compared to human town.
  5. Can't wear the Human Racial Guardian armor. Seraph is human specific.
  6. The chatter around town is very "Dwarven" aka drunkard.
  7. Size may make her feel fat making armor flare out.
  8. Voice is a bit mannish.(but I am getting used to it)

Next beta I am going to make a Norn warrior to confirm or deny my thoughts. So we shall see. I actually am glad we get these betas, so I am not forced into a decision that i will regret =) *cough cough* TROLL *cough cough*

Unfortunately it is not this weekend for the next beta weekend though :( hopefully they will get us back in next weekend, I really want to try my hand at crafting.

I have to say if I didn't love dress up so much a charr would be pretty sweet they do look badass not gonna lie.

You love... dress up?
Yup. I actually enjoy dressing my character to look pretty.

Don't get me wrong a nice KICKASS outfit for a guy is also fun, but if I have to stare at it all the time I would prefer a hot chick to dress.

Just my two cents. (fashion photography rotted my brain)

Top Bottom