What's new

Wildstar Wildstar FPS Performance Issues and experiment/report

Thovarisk

[Ragnarok was his name]
Hi guys, it is well known that W* is performing very VERY poorly on some systems and no one really knows WTF is the reason besides just chanting "optimization" like drones and hoping for the best, in this past week I've attended a couple of world boss raids and my performance was atoninshingly bad, low as 5 - 15 fps which in turn affected my gameplay and ejoyment of the event, to add salt to the wound I got ABOSOLUTELY NOTHING from it both times (Metal Maw Prime) no exp no drops, no nothing... a bug I could only guess but I'm not doing it again till I see a patch note with a fix... but I digress.

Here is the deal, what are your average FPS rates in the wild as in Thayd? quest hubs? in your house plot?
and what are your system specs?

My game is running pretty bad, 25 - 35 fps on the wilds, about 20ish on quest hubs, 15 - 20 Thayd but a little higher on my house plot than normal 40ish i think.

Specs
CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition @3.7 Ghz
RAM - Corsair 12GB DDR3 @1500 Mhz
Video - Asus HD7870 2GB @1.1Ghz core and 1250 memory speed
Running it @1920x1080 Borderless Window tweaked "High" settings.
basically I lowered the FXAA and shadows to practically nil

Also I've read somewhere that forcing the game to run in DX11 helps truckloads to your FPS... I will double check in the morning and report back.
Plus I have my old GTX460 OC laying around which is a very inferior card to my actual one but I've read that some ppl have gotten better fps from nvidia old cards over AMD... so.. IDK I just might even try that as well.. and experiment.

Hi guys, it is well known that W* is performing very VERY poorly on some systems and no one really knows WTF is the reason besides just chanting "optimization" like drones and hoping for the best, in this past week I've attended a couple of world boss raids and my performance was atoninshingly bad, low as 5 - 15 fps which in turn affected my gameplay and ejoyment of the event, to add salt to the wound I got ABOSOLUTELY NOTHING from it both times (Metal Maw Prime) no exp no drops, no nothing... a bug I could only guess but I'm not doing it again till I see a patch note with a fix... but I digress.

Here is the deal, what are your average FPS rates in the wild as in Thayd? quest hubs? in your house plot?
and what are your system specs?

My game is running pretty bad, 25 - 35 fps on the wilds, about 20ish on quest hubs, 15 - 20 Thayd but a little higher on my house plot than normal 40ish i think.

Specs
CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition @3.7 Ghz
RAM - Corsair 12GB DDR3 @1500 Mhz
Video - Asus HD7870 2GB @1.1Ghz core and 1250 memory speed
Running it @1920x1080 Borderless Window tweaked "High" settings.
basically I lowered the FXAA and shadows to practically nil

Also I've read somewhere that forcing the game to run in DX11 helps truckloads to your FPS... I will double check in the morning and report back.
Plus I have my old GTX460 OC laying around which is a very inferior card to my actual one but I've read that some ppl have gotten better fps from nvidia old cards over AMD... so.. IDK I just might even try that as well.. and experiment.

What addons are you using? Biji plates is known to somehow reduce framerate by up to 10 frames and nobody knows why. For some people it even causes memory leaks.

yeah i do have a bunch of those installed, ill run some tests later today disabling them and then checking fps in Thayd.
changing my GPU and other random stuffs.

Thayd owns all comps. I have way higher specs than you and get like 15 fps there.

yeah? what do you have Crake?

anyway I tweaked some stuffs noob style and my fps climbed to a more playable rate. 25ish in Thayd. waaay higher out in the world.
just lowered the view distance and horizon to about half instead of all the way up, took out dynamic shadows completely along with FXAA which hogs a bit and makes a neglible difference (besides lil jagged edges)...

Plus I forced the game to run in DX11 by adding the -dx11 in the shortcut thingy.
now all is left is to play and see how it handles in more stressed situations.

I run it on all "high" on my Laptop and it looks beautiful and runs beautiful when my internet lets me and when the laptop doesnt decide it wants to skip on me which happens in all my games because i need to go in and clean my computer. *breathe*

I have roughly the same set up. I disabled bjplates. and when in the amd control center and increased my gpu from 1000 to 1170 and i'm hiting in the 50-60fps consistently.

Yea I run at ultra high and just lower the shadows one click. I also disable all npc nameplates expect important ones.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

WHOA!!! bijiplates must be an INSANE recurse hog!! 50 FPS at ultra just like you said... in my house tho... ill check back with more reports

After disabling Biji nameplates i get about 70-80 FPS at my house and 40-50 in the world, so there is something going on with Biji.

Top Bottom