What's new

Wildstar Wildstar Release Date Announced

I can see your charging structure:
Game costs 50 bucks at release, so you will say "it´s 50 € over at your place that´s 69,29 $, now if we include taxes, and a small fee for me for helping you out we come to 120$"

I'd only charge a flat rate of $100 :)

I played in the beta and enjoyed it very much so I will definitely be rolling in Wildstar, but I too hope to be on US servers. :)

Small picture is small but

FuckARegionLock_zpsa8572236.jpg

I'm assuming this means no matter where you live you can buy any version?

Well, now this is a relief. I thought I was gonna have to rage at WS for limiting me on who I could play with after all the "we want to limit you as little as possible" they been telling us about.

Well, now this is a relief. I thought I was gonna have to rage at WS for limiting me on who I could play with after all the "we want to limit you as little as possible" they been telling us about.

I mentioned this the other day in chat. I believe the reasoning behind the "persuasion" for EU to play EU and not NA (and vice versa) is because of the way the combat is. Other MMO's have had an easier job with the "auto-targeting" or tab targeting features where as long as you have a connection and are in Line of Sight, your stuff will activate and hit/miss as per a formula. With WS's targeting methods of actual positioning, high ping is a real detriment / concern for this more active style of combat. Nothing is worse than seeing a mob, attacking it, only for things to miss because the servers are saying one thing and you're seeing the "delay".

Well and I guess it also has to do with prices. How much does one month / the game cost in the US? 13$/50$? If so, we have the same price but with an € at the end. Maybe it´s also difficult from this standpoint.

Well and I guess it also has to do with prices. How much does one month / the game cost in the US? 13$/50$? If so, we have the same price but with an € at the end. Maybe it´s also difficult from this standpoint.

Ahh, very true. This is a common issue with international games and releases. But hey, maybe you can get cheaper costs on subs this way? I believe the current rates would be in your favor.

I mentioned this the other day in chat. I believe the reasoning behind the "persuasion" for EU to play EU and not NA (and vice versa) is because of the way the combat is. Other MMO's have had an easier job with the "auto-targeting" or tab targeting features where as long as you have a connection and are in Line of Sight, your stuff will activate and hit/miss as per a formula. With WS's targeting methods of actual positioning, high ping is a real detriment / concern for this more active style of combat. Nothing is worse than seeing a mob, attacking it, only for things to miss because the servers are saying one thing and you're seeing the "delay".

Though it is not optimal, Wildstar has a "auto face target" and "Lock to target" options for players that have a high ping.

Now, it will not work on other players (PVE only), but they are thinking about solutions to help players with high ping.

So far it seems espers are really having a hard time pvping with a high ping. (or maybe they are the most vocal...) :D

This is going to make life difficult for me again. If everyone does jump in on WS, I'm definitely going to want to as well, but I've already got more than enough monthly expenses. I'll have to revisit the budget and see what I can do.

I thought beta was "OK", but I was way underleveled compared to everyone else and engineers were pretty buggy. Apparently, a lot of the engineer bugs are fixed now. If I leveled along with everyone, I think that would be a lot of fun. I totally missed most of Tab's GW2 glory days (Arcanix ftw!).

If we can get something like 80-90% all on the same game, that would be epic. The region thing is definitely a bummer, since I have lots of fun playing with Jamadin and NeverNoPanda. Hopefully, it's a simple solution with a ping that won't kill them.

I think I may start to amp up some recruitment stuff over the next couple of weeks. Try to bolster our numbers and leveling/dungeon parties. With a mix of outside recruitment as well as internal in-game recruitment, we should be able to get a raiding party going. I'll check with Tr1age/Zakis/Tig and see what the plans are overall but if interest is starting to renew with our current numbers, we should be able to make decent beta weekend/launch weekend adventures and fun :)

MAYBE even try to recreate some of that GW2 magic happen with some events (Charr Diving Board anyone?)[DOUBLEPOST=1394820606,1394820453][/DOUBLEPOST]
So far it seems espers are really having a hard time pvping with a high ping. (or maybe they are the most vocal...) :D

I had pretty damn low ping in previous betas so SS was pretty fluid, but I can DEFINITELY see how ping would be troublesome, both offensively and defensively.

Top Bottom