What's new

Wildstar Wildstar's IP security. Can you play with a VPN?

MADie

Mad Madisson
I've posted in the forums and have contacted support about this issue. I've even made a thread asking for advice from other players. I wanted to see if you guys had any suggestions, comments or opinions about Wildstar's current IP block security system.

The first weekend we had after the pre-sale I managed to play for only a day because of this. I somehow managed to log in the game once with my vpn, but haven't been able to do so again. Whenever I want to log in the website I have to try numerous times until it finally lets me authenticate the IP. I thought I had changed the vpn to have a static IP, or at least one that doesn't change as much (I honestly have no idea what I'm doing). I had even asked for help from a friend that's much more computer savy than I am, cause after looking online for hours I wasn't going anywhere.

I think my only options are:
  • finding the sweet spot with my own vpn
  • finding a vpn service that maintains a static ip
  • Carbine giving us other security options
That last one is not very probable, though Carbine has been more open to suggestions than other games. I wish Carbine gave us options. To either change it to something other than the IP system they currently have. Maybe an authenticator? Or have us manually put in the IP we wish to allow? Or even the option to turn it off if we wish to do so. Right now, even accessing the site, be it forums or support, is a huge hassle and time consumer for me.

It sucks that I can't play at the moment, but I'm hoping it's something temporary. As long as I can eventually play the game I don't mind waiting. Especially after having payed for the Deluxe Edition. ><

Are any of you guys having issues with this IP authentication system?
Are there any suggestions you guys might have?
Now of any VPN providers that have the option for a static IP?
Anything else you wanna say about the matter?

I've posted in the forums and have contacted support about this issue. I've even made a thread asking for advice from other players. I wanted to see if you guys had any suggestions, comments or opinions about Wildstar's current IP block security system.

The first weekend we had after the pre-sale I managed to play for only a day because of this. I somehow managed to log in the game once with my vpn, but haven't been able to do so again. Whenever I want to log in the website I have to try numerous times until it finally lets me authenticate the IP. I thought I had changed the vpn to have a static IP, or at least one that doesn't change as much (I honestly have no idea what I'm doing). I had even asked for help from a friend that's much more computer savy than I am, cause after looking online for hours I wasn't going anywhere.

I think my only options are:
  • finding the sweet spot with my own vpn
  • finding a vpn service that maintains a static ip
  • Carbine giving us other security options
That last one is not very probable, though Carbine has been more open to suggestions than other games. I wish Carbine gave us options. To either change it to something other than the IP system they currently have. Maybe an authenticator? Or have us manually put in the IP we wish to allow? Or even the option to turn it off if we wish to do so. Right now, even accessing the site, be it forums or support, is a huge hassle and time consumer for me.

It sucks that I can't play at the moment, but I'm hoping it's something temporary. As long as I can eventually play the game I don't mind waiting. Especially after having payed for the Deluxe Edition. ><

Are any of you guys having issues with this IP authentication system?
Are there any suggestions you guys might have?
Now of any VPN providers that have the option for a static IP?
Anything else you wanna say about the matter?

Not sure I have any insight to help ya Mad. Hopefully support gets back to you with something that will help.

Have you tried it without a VPN? I only needed to use it for the activation, logging into the game is working fine. Logging into the website/forums is still the same with the stupid authen. code.

Have you tried it without a VPN? I only needed to use it for the activation, logging into the game is working fine. Logging into the website/forums is still the same with the stupid authen. code.

I have tried. Sadly the website will not load without the vpn on. Since the website can't load without the vpn I can't authenticate my own IP address cause the vpn uses others. T__T

Top Bottom