What's new

Wireless Headphones

Dan

HmHm
I need a set of wireless headphones, since I already have a blue yeti mic. Would like to stay within the range of around $250. Looking for comfortable ones that can go around the whole ear or sit on the ear. The headset I currently have hurts my ears after a few hours. Any suggestions would help me out a lot. From personal experience or not.

These are what I currently have - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826158081

Check out the A50s from astrogaming.com [I realize that they're a bit more than $250] but they're considered the best on the market for gaming. I own a pair of the A40s myself for just over a year and they're amazing. Just as good as the day I bought them. Rich sound, great bass, 7.1 Dolby, 5.4GHz wireless, comfortable and sexy as hell.

You can rock them without a mic, if you choose, but they have an excellent mic as far as any gaming headsets go. I actually just put a pair up for sale [only to upgrade to A50s] but am considering a change of scenery for my battlestation and decided to keep them for now. They are, by far, the best headset I have owned. I have been through Razer, Turtle Beach, Steelseries and Tritons. None of them hold a flame to Astros in my opinion. Let's just say I won't consider another brand at this point

Now for your main concern; comfort. I have worn them for more than 24 hours straight during a few LANs with nothing but comfort, and that's with wearing eyeglasses. Eyeglasses tend to be the Achilles heel when it comes to gaming headsets and their comfort. If it passes the eyeglass test there's not much more you could ask for.

Anyway, that's my two cents. Hope it helps.

Read up and the A50's are having firmware issues. Me dunno, probably will have to wait until it gets fixed.

I think it's a vocal few. I have 4 friends who use them and none of them have had any complaints. But, yeah, that may be a wise choice.

Top Bottom