What's new

Y U NO ACCEPT CHANGE ANYMORE?!!!

Razulian

The Mad Scientist
Went to the bank yesterday to deposit some cash so I could pay for my new hardware for my computer.
I was going to pay by wire transfer and had to deposit some cash because I didn't have enough on my account, no problemo as I had most of it in paper but then I was only €2 away from having the total €54 on my account which I had to transfer.
Well also not a problem I said to myself, I went to the woman behind the desk and asked her how I could deposit the €8 I had as change; she just told me "that won't work, you need 10 then I could trade it with paper money".
I then asked her "half a year ago you accepted my change and deposited it directly; why not now?".
That was a year ago, we don't accept it now.

To make matters worse she was quite the irritating kind of person, I stood by her desk for 2 minutes while she was laughing her ass off with someone on the phone over nonsense.
I stayed calm and nice as I usually am, but man I wanted to yell at her.
Because I didn't want to have a conversation with this irritating person I just walked away and went to the take-out restaurant down the street and asked if they could change 5 euro's for paper money, they did and I went back to the bank and did the transfer.

Seriously, if there's one thing I hate then it's people like that. I've met tons of people like them and I keep meeting them.

But leaving that aside, the fact that the bank doesn't accept my change anymore like half a year ago makes me furious inside.
Yet the fact that the woman behind the desk said I was wrong that it wasn't 6 months but instead a year makes me even more furious.
I mean I don't have a good memory but I do note stuff like that, I always remember the time that I talked with someone; maybe not what I said or what the person's name was but I always remember what the main topic was.

Gee that felt good, thank god from TAB having a Rant section. Blowing off some steam helps quite a lot.

Thats is really weird. If banks stopped accepting change, then change would slowly cease to exist. I think that bank is abit dodgy.

I feel the same way, especially with change. I expect money to be worth the time. if I have a chunk of change I expect to be able to deposit it without having to roll it myself.

Wow that was seriously dumb that the RESTAURANT down the street glad made change for you, and THE BANK,(Which sole purpose it to exchange money, or it use to be apparently), now doesnt do that anymore. Like WTF kinda bank are you.

Money is legal tender, change is money, you would think a bank would legally have to take it. I could understand if you have a lineup of 50 people asking you to wait or come back. But otherwise that is ridiculous. The bank I go to has a change machine now. Just insert your card, dump your big bag of change in and voila it's in your account. And you dont get charged a fee.

Money is legal tender, change is money, you would think a bank would legally have to take it. I could understand if you have a lineup of 50 people asking you to wait or come back. But otherwise that is ridiculous. The bank I go to has a change machine now. Just insert your card, dump your big bag of change in and voila it's in your account. And you dont get charged a fee.

I wish more banks did this. Its a machine just like an ATM that they really don't need to manage all that much. I don't mind if they charge a fee if you don't have an account with that bank, but if you do it should be free. I collect so much change even though I don't use money all that often. It'd be nice to turn that into money with minimal effort.

If I went to a bank, and they refused to take my change, I would get a manager and bitch him out. I would make a huge scene, then if it didn't work or I didn't feel taken care of, I would close my account.

Yeah that is insane. The banks get away with enough as it is.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Well next time I go there with change and they say the same then I'll ask to talk with the manager.
Half a year ago they were renovating the bank and had a small office built in there where someone usually was and accepted change; not anymore now...

PS: Hey, my payment just arrived. I'll be able to use my computer again next week. :D

EDIT: I'd love to go to the bank right now and deposit some change to buy some parts online, but I gave all my change away when I went out of the bank (someone approached me and was collecting donations for homeless children, ofcourse I donated; would feel bad not doing it).

Top Bottom