What's new

You know it's gone horriibly wrong when...

Keleynal

Jesus Freak
Bill Clinton calls you out for lying.

Clinton to Obama: Keep ObamaCare promise, let Americans 'keep what they got'

Published November 12, 2013
FoxNews.com

Bill Clinton, in an unusually blunt critique of the sitting commander-in-chief, said President Obama should live up to his promise to Americans that if they like their health plans, they can keep them.

The former president weighed in on the roiling controversy about health plan cancellations during an interview with the site Ozy.com. The current president recently apologized to the public for the millions of cancellation notices that are going out -- despite him assuring Americans that, under ObamaCare, they could keep their coverage if they want.
For Clinton, the apology doesn't cut it.

"So I personally believe, even if it takes a change to the law, the president should honor the commitment the federal government made to those people and let them keep what they got," Clinton said.

Clinton defended the health care law as a whole, but explained how the broken promise on health coverage can hurt young people. He relayed the story of a young man who said his individual market plan was canceled and replaced with one whose premiums were twice as high. Though his deductibles and co-pays were lower, that savings is only realized if he gets sick, Clinton explained.

Clinton's comments could cause problems for Obama, who has resisted any major changes to the law. Obama, in explaining the cancellation notices, has clarified that under ObamaCare, policies could be canceled if they had been altered in any way since the passage of the law.

That nuance was not included in the president's initial explanations.

House Republicans, as well as some Senate Democrats, are now planning legislation that would indeed allow people losing their current coverage to keep their plans. The House is planning to vote on its measure on Friday.

The administration argues that while some are losing their current coverage, those plans will be replaced by better-quality insurance. The flip side is that they could be more expensive.

(From foxnews.com)
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...amacare-promise-let-americans-keep-what-got/#

The best is hearing some of the idiots who voted for him twice regret their choice and realize they should have listened to people who constantly presented this waste of life caught in his own lies or misinformation. I say strip down the government and start from scratch.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

The best is hearing some of the idiots who voted for him twice regret their choice and realize they should have listened to people who constantly presented this waste of life caught in his own lies or misinformation. I say strip down the government and start from scratch.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I´m still going to say that Mitt Romney would have been even worse...

I can disagree on that note. I have a feeling the economy could have taken a much different road than the way Obama took us. Militarily he (Mitt) doesn't fit, but that is where advisers come in.

Never said he would be better. I do feel he would have handled the economy better though. He's not relatable or in touch with the average American. We need a candidate like that next time.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Never said he would be better. I do feel he would have handled the economy better though. He's not relatable or in touch with the average American. We need a candidate like that next time.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I think what america needs is another party in the senate. Because right now you can only choose between right and far-right (compared to what you get in Germany).

I think what america needs is another party in the senate. Because right now you can only choose between right and far-right (compared to what you get in Germany).

I think it's funny how, depending on who you talk to, Republicans and Democrats are either exactly the same, completely opposite, leaning hard right, or leaning hard left.

I would love to see the 2 party system in America fall apart and give way to many parties. However, as long as we use a winner-take-all electoral college system for electing Presidents, a 2 party system is the only one that makes strategic sense.

It would be a great step to rebuilding this country but as Americans we like the word "security" to much and don't like the word "change". Something that major would have some dramatic effects on the american psychi

It would be a great step to rebuilding this country but as Americans we like the word "security" to much and don't like the word "change". Something that major would have some dramatic effects on the american psychi

What are you talking about? Our last President was elected on a change platform!

California Pirate Party FTW. (My actual political affiliation)

I'm a little confused here. They actually have a website and everything. Is this like a massive trolling event? Because if i was going for politics wouldn't choose "pirate" to be in my name, given what pirates are, say and do.

I'm a little confused here. They actually have a website and everything. Is this like a massive trolling event? Because if i was going for politics wouldn't choose "pirate" to be in my name, given what pirates are, say and do.
Yes, the pirate party is a legitimate political party. Last I checked there were 9 of us.

Top Bottom