What's new

WildStar AltTabMe.com's Wildstar Podcast - "Paths"

tr1age

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome the our Wildstar Podcast brought to you by
AltTabMe.com
"The Community that Outlasts Release Dates"

We are here to bring you as much information about the upcoming MMO Wildstar as well as things we are excited to get our hands on... but there is a catch. We will be doing each episode in 30 minutes or less! Anything we don't cover or you want us to cover more of, or even topics you may want to suggest we cover in future podcasts, you can head on over to AltTabMe and post on our community boards to discuss with us and our members! You can also post on previous podcasts as well. And with that, today's topic we are talking about will be "Paths" and the clock starts NOW!

Show Notes:
00:12 Intro​
00:24 What are Paths?​
02:07 Scientist Path​
03:22 Bruce names his robot​
05:43 Crossing Paths with group members​
07:58 Explorer Path​
08:40 Paths and your playstyle​
11:35 Difficulty and Creativity of Path Content​
12:41 Soldier Path​
16:19 Graphics and Detail​
18:05 Settler Path​
21:07 Keeping you in game​
25:54 Speculation on Path Synergy and PvP​
28:42 Two Minute Warning​
29:04 Rewards for Path Leveling and closing remarks(Bruce Hijacks the Podcast)​
30:45 Outro​

Disclaimer: This show may contain material that may not be suitable for all ages, viewer discretion is advised.

Nice work and information. Can't wait until we start seeing some more information/videos on these paths. I'd expect with the leveling system that you'll be restricted in what you can do early on but as you level up you will be able to put more buildings on your settler site or jump higher to reach the top of that mountain. I hope they don't restrict you to certain skills at certain levels. I like a variation in playstyles so that two scientists can't do the same kind of research or two settlers don't all have the same buildings. This will also give the same path a new flavor on another play through.

Awesome Podcast! I am looking forward to more information on this system, as well as the leveling process. Its awesome to see a new system that will effect the leveling process and take it away from solely questing.

Awesome Podcast! I am looking forward to more information on this system, as well as the leveling process. Its awesome to see a new system that will effect the leveling process and take it away from solely questing.

I'm not sure if it will take away from leveling. They want a system in place that you will use based on how you play anyway. I think(/hope) you will level up in this system just by playing the way you normally would.

I'm not sure if it will take away from leveling. They want a system in place that you will use based on how you play anyway. I think(/hope) you will level up in this system just by playing the way you normally would.
I'm pretty sure you and Hauntie are actually saying the same thing :p "Take away from solely questing" meaning "implementing a new way to make questing fun" lol

I've seen a few things on the leveling system. They put up a list of perks from an early build, so its probably not worth anything now, but it gives you an idea. Ill find and link it when I get back home.

It's ok. My beard is my only saving grace.

Haha it detracts from your eyes being closed the whole time :p

I kept laughing when Tristan was talking about the soldier beacon "pounding" the ground haha.

Also along the lines about shared experience/paths etc - you gain extra experience for dodging a lot or having chain attacks etc.

Nice podcast guys! Lost of info - good vibes. I enjoy watching u four! keep up the good work.

Anywho - I just wanted to add on to what everyone is already say'n. But I love the path ideas cuz of this ----> Explorer take grp to underground tunnel. Fight some shit, settler build a buff station er something, fight some shit. Scientist open secret passage, get some lore, and then solider bring the horde waves in!!! =]..... that's epic!

I hope no one will be solo'n in this game EVER!!!!!!!!!

My lil tid bits on you four!!
Zakis - didn't say shit!... lol.
Gyoin - is fuckin hilarious. Can't say what he wants fast enough.
Tr1age - If anyone knows how to derail.... <---- that's ur guy! =p
T1G - ......... ........... I got nothing guy! lol
Just my two cents:babymonkey:

Tr1age - If anyone knows how to derail.... <---- that's ur guy! =p

Just my two cents:babymonkey:

Ha you caught on to my stalling tactics of this cast. I thought people weren't going to have enough to say because Gyoin was holding back so I derailed as I saw we might fill the time slot. Derp :) Shhhh my secret! I always have the topic we need to get to written down infront of me though so we don't lose place. Ahh the downfalls of generalizing.

Top Bottom