What's new

AltTabMe says Goodbye to Guild Wars 2

But see, this was only one game! Being here a part of the community, you'll be a part of many more experiences! I mean, if you were to join any other guild in GW2 that dissipated in activity, would you have been able to talk to most of them outside of game? Maybe one or two, but not the whole guild! That's the beauty of alttabme.

THE COMMUNITY THAT OUTLASTS RELEASE DATES!

Thats not entirely true. See those RP threads we have been running are cleverly disguised training simulators, possible what ifs? We are actually THE COMMUNITY THAT OUTLASTS THE APOCALYPSE

I can't say I'm surprised but I am glad to see that we are still going to have the community. I hope to be able to have more of a presence on the forums in the near future and take part in more discussions :) I miss everyone! <3

I can't say I'm surprised but I am glad to see that we are still going to have the community. I hope to be able to have more of a presence on the forums in the near future and take part in more discussions :) I miss everyone! <3
A raid leader and class lead of Mages for the original Arcanix. Glad to see you around again for the burial of some very fond memories :)

:'( It's a sad day... I too had not been logging on as much these past couple weeks. The game just seemed so repetitive and there was a lack of end game content to keep me coming back and involved... I still plan on being involved with ALTTABME however, and look forward to the next adventure.

A sad day but I have a lot of optimism for us all here. The weight is off our shoulders. Now we need to find some cool fantasy shit for Zevrix! :)[DOUBLEPOST=1367203236,1367203172][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh and me and Katie are brainstorming right this very second about stuff we can bring to everyone to make our time here more engaging! So good things to come!! dum dum dum!!!!

I wasn't here from the start and didn't join until the end but have been on the forums the entire time. I'm a little bummed i missed out on the fun but at least now i am here for the bigger and better things to come in the future. VR treadmill anyone? lol

In my opinion the game doesn't make the guild. This community that you guys and girls built here is where it is at.

Its sad that GW2 didn't live up to what we all wanted but it was a good experience. It was my kinda first real MMO and i got in with a great community. Now on to Wildstar and beyond

I

I hate MMO hopping. I think I have also made it very clear we are not going to Hype Wildstar into the ground. Most thoughts on it will be reserved for beta and release. I am a one character, one game kinda person. But unfortunately GW2 isn't that game. I too love the Fantasy Genre and it saddens me that GW2 couldn't fill that void, even with it's beauty and innovation.

I'm with ya there.

I unfortunately have yet to find that niche where I can absolutely love my character in recent games. I'll always say that my last great character was Baron Mawdius in diablo 2. My super fucking minion master who could also beat your ass down with his war cleaver. I saved that character on a disk and I still play him everytime I go back to diablo 2.

GW2 had every inovation that I have seen other games finally progress from, but truthfully MMO's have always have this problem for me. I don't like to grind.. I like story. I refuse to grind without story.

There are few exceptions to this rule, but in general I need a story. Sub fee's are also pretty much 100% no no. The only exception I've made to date on those rules is Mortal Online(Sand box/ Full Lot PVP/ Ultima Esque Crime system[red/blue/grey]). And I was thinking of playing darfall some time ago when it was dead.... they revamped it, made it better... and then they took my fucking wolf race and turned the fuckers into super hairy humans. Fuck those people.

I might also mention that it took my friend 3 years of constant pestering to get me to try Mortal online. I liked it, but stilll bleh. Frankly, I'm still waiting for something meant for me. DayZ comes close. I'm also looking forward to shadowrun returns, but that's singleplayer so...

Guess I'm done with that.

Also, FORUM WARRIORS FOR LIFE! *DPS's your paragraph*

*tantrum*

I gotta say, I'm fully disappointed about this announcement. I realize I'm one of the few people still playing, but it really is quite sad. I guess all I can do is look forward to Wildstar/whatever-comes-next though!

I'll still be playing gw2 intermediately for the time being if anyone wants to add me as a friend (Zevrix, if I'm on, you can probably recruit me to help you with some fractals!). Realistically, I'll probably switch my main into another guild - I feel bad as I just got a RL friend to buy gw2 on Friday, so I'll have to find an active guild to play with him. Either way, if anyone needs help on there still send a whisper (dracca), otherwise, lets just look as this as one chapter ending, and another beginning (spoiler alert, the next chapter has housing woot woot!).

Either way, it was fun playing while it lasted :)

I can't say I'm surprised at the move, GW2 stopped being exciting for me shortly after I hit cap. that said, I'm glad I found it because it led me here. I'm sure I will pop on every so often. The art is beautiful.

A chapter ends, another begins. Here's to AltTabMe, the community that transcends the games!

Thanks for the great time all!
I really bonded with some of the members and made some foreign friends :)
I'm even going to see Jess in Iceland this summer!
I'll stay around lurking ^^

Oh man, those pictures bring back some great memories. It's a shame about GW2, but in the end it just wasn't addictive enough (in the right ways). Wildstar will probably own my soul though, if it's anything like all the preview/early-looks/reviews have been thus far.. And I can't wait.

Thanks for the great time all!
I really bonded with some of the members and made some foreign friends :)
I'm even going to see Jess in Iceland this summer!
I'll stay around lurking ^^

Don't you dare leave! :) Lol not like much has changed for the last few months. When was the last time we even saw each other in game =P So lurk away my good friend!

Top Bottom