What's new

Anime Conversion

Yes. He said she loved character development and Bakuman and The Twelve Kingdoms have the most character progression in any two anime that I've ever seen. The problem with getting her into The Twelve Kingdoms is that the anime is unfinished and will probably stay that way, because it was based off of actual books and not manga. The love stories in these are just a bonus to the character development.

Yes. He said she loved character development and Bakuman and The Twelve Kingdoms have the most character progression in any two anime that I've ever seen. The problem with getting her into The Twelve Kingdoms is that the anime is unfinished and will probably stay that way, because it was based off of actual books and not manga. The love stories in these are just a bonus to the character development.
I know, my statement did not correctly portray my thoughts. It may be a bit off putting because of the anime/manga process that they do go through can be a bit... Boring? I mean, for someone already reading manga, it's perfect because the process is so true. But for someone trying to get into it, it may not be the most interesting thing. The thought process and psychology of the series is based around the manga, not around the relationships and character development (especially early seasons, then as more characters are added everyone gets a lot more rounded out).

IF she enjoys it early, she'll love it forever. If she doesn't enjoy it early, it may take time (which she may not be willing to put into it).

OH MAN, my body is ready. Okay.

Don't feed her that shonen shit, she'll most likely hate it. Stick to short-sweet animes. Start her off with more of the famous romance-y ones, and then slowly branch out to some other ones.

Start her off with Toradora! or Kimi ni Todoke (that's a really feminine one), and try to get 5 CM per Second and The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (both really good movies). If she doesn't like any of those, god save her.

Cool. I think I have enough to work with for now. It's going to be slow going but I'll update with progress and if I have any new input for suggestions!

Cool. I think I have enough to work with for now. It's going to be slow going but I'll update with progress and if I have any new input for suggestions!
God. Just get her on the site already so she can talk to us.

God. Just get her on the site already so she can talk to us.
Haha you saw my attempt; she at least signed up. Admittedly she's been extremely busy since then (She's in 3 plays and works 3 jobs along with gigs she picks up), but I'm trying to get her started in the 'starving artist' subforum after this last play finally ends and she gets back into recording.

Summer Wars - Movie with amazing art and storyline. Easy to get even for people who don't really know much about japanese culture. Romance/Comedy/Action/Cute things.

My Little Monster - Very straight forward Love story with some very hilarious parts.

Angel Beats - Action with comedy. Very good animation with an amazing storyline. Can be very sad.

Hellsing: Ultimate - If she likes gore and hates Twilight she will love this anime.

Summer Wars - Movie with amazing art and storyline. Easy to get even for people who don't really know much about japanese culture. Romance/Comedy/Action/Cute things.

My Little Monster - Very straight forward Love story with some very hilarious parts.

Angel Beats - Action with comedy. Very good animation with an amazing storyline. Can be very sad.

Hellsing: Ultimate - If she likes gore and hates Twilight she will love this anime.

I can vouch for Summer Wars. It's pretty amazing.

I'll check out summer wars. She definitely would not be in to Hellsing. She doesn't like gore or vampires.

Top Bottom