What's new

Automatic toilets

Keleynal

Jesus Freak
I've been looking for an outlet for this ball of rage, so here goes:

WTF is up with the self-flushing toilets that can't tell whether you are there or not? It is an absolutely horrendous feeling when, halfway through your business, the toilet flushes and SPLASHES WATER all over your ass. It will even do it multiple times in one sitting on some occassions. This is completely unacceptable.

Are you telling me that we can put a man on the moon, communicate instantaneously around the world, split and recombine atoms, grow a human ear on the back of a mouse, and yet we cannot get a single damn porcelain toilet to flush at the proper time??

Don't get me wrong- I understand the need. People, particularly male people, are disgusting and often do not flush unless to toilet does it for them because they are disgusting and too lazy to get rid of their own crap. Which is about as damn lazy as you can get. What we really need are doors than lock and refuse to open unless you WASH YOUR NASTY PEE-COVERED HANDS!!! But I digress. People are stupid and can't remember to flush, so fine, make it automatic. But would it kill you to put a pressure switch on it so it doesn't flush until AFTER you stand (OMG innovation!). Or, wait for it, PUT THE SENSOR ON THE STALL DOOR!! The toilet will flush when you enter and when you leave. "But wait!" the bleeding heart environmentalist cries, "That's wasting water! Two flushes per visit! The polar bears will all die!" That would be a good point, IF the damn thing didn't already flush 3-4 times every time I used it. And also polar bears are awesome and they don't need you.

Or, let's just let people handle their own shit (literally) and those with bad hygeine will all die from E Coli, and the clean will inherit the earth.

I love the idea of self flushing toilets, as you never know who's shit is on the handles and buttons and knobs and etc. It's gross. The only thing I hate is when I go poo on one of those toilets and it flushes when I'm still sitting on it. That's the worst.

I love the idea of self flushing toilets, as you never know who's shit is on the handles and buttons and knobs and etc. It's gross. The only thing I hate is when I go poo on one of those toilets and it flushes when I'm still sitting on it. That's the worst.
Is there an echo in here?

I think Bruce was agreeing with you but in his own words. Just a much smaller rant =)

And I agree...Also I like the idea of the pressure sensor. That would likely be the most effective way of doing it. I feel the door mechanism might be too complicated to set up since you'd have to probably buy a stall/toilet package instead of getting each separately. If the sensor was in the toilet then it's just a single unit you have to get and you can get whatever stall you want, also if it breaks it's not as big of an ordeal to replace things I'd imagine.

If you use a pressure sensor you'll still have a problem with males who, for whatever reason, prefer to use a public toilet to stand in front of it and pee (all over the toilet seat). They'll even have an excuse for not flushing: "It says self-flushing, not my problem if it's not working."

I've been looking for an outlet for this ball of rage, so here goes:

WTF is up with the self-flushing toilets that can't tell whether you are there or not? It is an absolutely horrendous feeling when, halfway through your business, the toilet flushes and SPLASHES WATER all over your ass. It will even do it multiple times in one sitting on some occassions. This is completely unacceptable.

Are you telling me that we can put a man on the moon, communicate instantaneously around the world, split and recombine atoms, grow a human ear on the back of a mouse, and yet we cannot get a single damn porcelain toilet to flush at the proper time??

Don't get me wrong- I understand the need. People, particularly male people, are disgusting and often do not flush unless to toilet does it for them because they are disgusting and too lazy to get rid of their own crap. Which is about as damn lazy as you can get. What we really need are doors than lock and refuse to open unless you WASH YOUR NASTY PEE-COVERED HANDS!!! But I digress. People are stupid and can't remember to flush, so fine, make it automatic. But would it kill you to put a pressure switch on it so it doesn't flush until AFTER you stand (OMG innovation!). Or, wait for it, PUT THE SENSOR ON THE STALL DOOR!! The toilet will flush when you enter and when you leave. "But wait!" the bleeding heart environmentalist cries, "That's wasting water! Two flushes per visit! The polar bears will all die!" That would be a good point, IF the damn thing didn't already flush 3-4 times every time I used it. And also polar bears are awesome and they don't need you.

Or, let's just let people handle their own shit (literally) and those with bad hygeine will all die from E Coli, and the clean will inherit the earth.

Put a piece of toilet paper over the sensor. Works every time.

the one issue with putting the sensor on the bathroom stall door is what if you prefer to take a shit with the door open?? huh huh ??

-brucelaugh-

I got splashed today. Damn you, cruel sensor.

That sucks =(

On a side note I went to a concert Wed night and they didn't have automatic flushing toilets. I was both pleased that I wouldn't get splashed and upset that I had to flush the toilet but try not to touch it...cuz yucky :\

Okay don't get me wrong. I do love the idea of the self flushing toilet. Yes it is really really bad when it splashes your ass. However unless you don't wash your hands then I don't see the reason of being so afraid of touching the toilet seat/handle. Yes you could possibly be touching somebody's shit other than your own but in all actuality, and I know I'm going to get hate for this but breaking it down to it's simplest it is the same, you are probably going to change at least one diaper in your lifetime and you will have touched another persons fecal matter whether it's your child's or somebody other than your child's. Just wash your hands afterwards, like WASH them don't do that fake ass just run water over them "wash," and you will feel much better. It's not the end of the world and it's good to be exposed in doses to germs other than your own to help your immune system. :)

If a toilet is covered with poo that I didn't put there, I just refuse to use it and hope that someone is being paid a fair wage to clean it.

Sorry for necromancy, but these things pissed me off again today. Flushed constantly the whole time. My hatred knows no bounds.

You and me know damn well that the person cleaning that is not being paid a fair wage at all. :p

Well I don't know about other places but in australia the person cleaning that gets a shit ton of money for doing it. I would know coz I have done it and its not the greatest job but hey money

Also what about those awesome things that shoot water up you bum to wash it for you? I even went on one once that dryed my ass to

Top Bottom