What's new

Baldo wants to start a blog

I am a guy who likes to find the most bang for my buck, so to speak. (that is why you used "bang for my buck expression" :)
You then went into no longer talking about "I" but "You"

Playing video games is a field where you can drop a large quantity of money without seeing much of your investment returned money wise. What you do get back is precious moments playing a video game where you get emotionally attached to a character, hate a NPC (non-player character), even have a good belly laugh that could last minutes.
By the way I re read this paragraph today and with the fixes this is where you should be focusing. Fuck charts and financial breakdowns. This true to heart talking about emotional moments in video games and your kid and wife is how this turns gold. Not million dollar baby lol but a following. Including me. Because those stories sell. Gizmodo and other sites will always have you beat in other areas.

Fuck charts and financial breakdowns.

This completely when it comes to personal blogs. This only appeals to a VERY small audience (IE: people like me) and won't get you a larger audience. It will also push away the majority of people because... well, the general public hates thinking about this kind of stuff.

Pull on the heart strings and suck them in with emotions like Tristan said.

I don't plan on dabbling in that area, finance and charts, but I thought it would be a good idea for me to get one post out there. It helps me tell what systems I have and it leads into what system I use more being a dad-to-be.

I don't plan on dabbling in that area, finance and charts, but I thought it would be a good idea for me to get one post out there. It helps me tell what systems I have and it leads into what system I use more being a dad-to-be.

Can;t hurt! :) was just pointing out which part was really interesting.

Hey everyone, just dropped some content and also decided to cut down my blog to two nights a week for Monday and Friday. I realized that I do not have enough content to post 3 nights a week. Friday is to catch up on my week gaming and Monday is to post what happened over the weekend.

So I have some exciting news about the blog. I have been approved for Google Advsense

What about Google Adsense?[DOUBLEPOST=1427305972,1427305882][/DOUBLEPOST]I just realized what your blog need TODAY this minute, a recent news bar. i realized I haven't scrolled for news in years if there isn't a list of recent posts on the side, I am out.

Twitter broke my patience. :)

What about Google Adsense?

I can now put them on my blog. (Can't tell if you want me to explain them)

So I am going to explain it anyways. For a blog, to make revenue one of the top ways is either donations or advertisements. Google Adsense is one of the easiest ways to put ads on your website. The way it works is it takes your search history and things you look for and finds ads that are relevant to you giving you an easier way to find things you want to buy.[DOUBLEPOST=1427306206,1427306138][/DOUBLEPOST]
I just realized what your blog need TODAY this minute, a recent news bar. i realized I haven't scrolled for news in years if there isn't a list of recent posts on the side, I am out.
I know, I am beginning to hate the scroll. I am hoping to sit down and place something like that on the side bars like a quick jump to clickable. Gonna figure out how to code that in there.

Good idea Crake.

Also, changed the template around a bit. There is now a sidebar but still trying to implement a way to quickly access the posts without scrolling.

Let me know how the color scheme is.

(And yes, I am still working on the header picture)

The website is going through some tweaks right now. I am open for some suggestions and ideas. If anyone wants to help WITH the blog please let me know. Any help is appreciated.

Contacting game companies to help put my name out there and begin to grow. Got some really good feedback so far. Responses I was expecting, better than ignoring me or being a complete tool.

Everytime I get to the end of an update and read "Posted by John B", my brain automatically reads it as Posted by John Baldoraxx.

Just a quick update. Blog is going good. Still haven't had time to hunker down and do the changes I want to the website. Put on the back burner. Content keeps coming out and it is a steady flow.

after a bit I am realizing I really like my blog names and all the stuff related to it "Gaming Baby Daddy" but I think I might want to branch out a bit more, not exactly a name change but maybe a branch out, like a daughter company....

So my challenge to you is to help me come up with a name for this daughter/sister company. Going to try for the comedy side. Maybe a combination of two words

Comedy site about what?

Well...gaming, like talk about gaming but have a more adult and comedy approach to it. The Gaming Daddy blog is geared more towards the new parent or if a kid wants to read gaming news they are there but if I want unrestricted talk and more games to talk about then I need a new place

Top Bottom