What's new

Catfish the TV Show

Anxiety

Catfish the TV Show!

Catfish the TV Show is a reality-based TV series. To break it down, it's about online relationships. Basically, a couple meet online, but then when they meet in real life, they aren't who they say they are (normally, they are an entirely different person).

If you watch Catfish the TV Show, what is your favorite episode?

I thought this would be an interesting TV Show to talk about, since we all play online video games. My brother actually met his wife on an online video game.

If you don't watch Catfish the TV Show,

Have any of you met your significant other online? If so, how did you meet them?

Have any of you ever been Catfished? If you feel like it, share your interesting story.

You kids and your cat fishing. Back in my day we just had the donkey punch. Seriously though Cat fishing originates from some fucked up real stuff. Girls making bank off of poor guys who believe its true. The tv series is just cashing in on real misery. I believe in love, being open, not playing games, and honor, as a hopeful romantic, so I dunno can't get myself to watch this shit. Right up there with the kardashians. Although I will watch the Jersey Shore. So what do I know.

I like the catfish show. It forces people to get answers and closure on a crappy situation. Not all of them are catfishing though and some people get their happily ever after.

The show is the right kind of reality tv. Actual real life situations and not scripted to be more dramatic. Most of it backfires on the people though so you get your real life drama.

I don't watch the TV show but I do remember being catfished... twice.

First time was when I added a girl on facebook and she'd talk with me for a while, when I met her in RL she was a bitch.

And the second time was when I again added a girl on facebook, she was a lot more fun though (quite cuter too guessing by the pictures); we talked for almost 2 months before we went out together (we both wanted to watch The Hobbit at the theater) so we went.
I'll just say that she wasn't really what I expected, but damn did she look good when we went out! That just makes it all worth it./nyan
We continued to speak a lot with each other for atleast 3 months, but I learned that she did drugs and stuff (she does coke, she does something different than the others so I guess that's a plus).
In short I started getting a different view on her (and she doesn't really look as good as when we went out anymore), she wasn't the person I thought she was.
I don't really talk to her that much anymore, but I still do sometimes.

Next time I add a girl on facebook and want to go out with her, I'll make sure she plays is an otaku and maybe also plays games; can't go wrong with that.

1090px-Misc-true-story-realistic-l.png

You kids and your cat fishing. Back in my day we just had the donkey punch. Seriously though Cat fishing originates from some fucked up real stuff. Girls making bank off of poor guys who believe its true. The tv series is just cashing in on real misery. I believe in love, being open, not playing games, and honor, as a hopeful romantic, so I dunno can't get myself to watch this shit. Right up there with the kardashians. Although I will watch the Jersey Shore. So what do I know.

Not all the episodes end miserably!!! Some end happily. But... the majority of them do end badly. The show definitely reminds viewers to take a little more caution when building a relationship with someone you haven't met face-to-face. Stranger danger!

I like the catfish show. It forces people to get answers and closure on a crappy situation. Not all of them are catfishing though and some people get their happily ever after.

The show is the right kind of reality tv. Actual real life situations and not scripted to be more dramatic. Most of it backfires on the people though so you get your real life drama.

Agreed, this show is the right kind of reality TV. You're able to see situations that could potentially happen to you! And it's interesting, because of all of the drama. Honestly, throughout the entire TV Show... I'm always left sitting up like, "Omgomgomg, who is this person REALLY?!" I'm always super nervous for the person meeting the "catfisher".

I don't watch the TV show but I do remember being catfished... twice.

First time was when I added a girl on facebook and she'd talk with me for a while, when I met her in RL she was a bitch.

And the second time was when I again added a girl on facebook, she was a lot more fun though (quite cuter too guessing by the pictures); we talked for almost 2 months before we went out together (we both wanted to watch The Hobbit at the theater) so we went.
I'll just say that she wasn't really what I expected, but damn did she look good when we went out! That just makes it all worth it./nyan
We continued to speak a lot with each other for atleast 3 months, but I learned that she did drugs and stuff (she does coke, she does something different than the others so I guess that's a plus).
In short I started getting a different view on her (and she doesn't really look as good as when we went out anymore), she wasn't the person I thought she was.
I don't really talk to her that much anymore, but I still do sometimes.

Next time I add a girl on facebook and want to go out with her, I'll make sure she plays is an otaku and maybe also plays games; can't go wrong with that.

1090px-Misc-true-story-realistic-l.png

I had a friend get Catfished. He reallyyy liked this girl online, but something always seemed off. Whenever she got into webcam, she'd only show a leg or something. He eventually found out she was catfishing him. She looked entirely different and he found out some 'not so good things' about her. He was lied to. It ruined online dating for him.

Agreed, this show is the right kind of reality TV. You're able to see situations that could potentially happen to you! And it's interesting, because of all of the drama. Honestly, throughout the entire TV Show... I'm always left sitting up like, "Omgomgomg, who is this person REALLY?!" I'm always super nervous for the person meeting the "catfisher".
I am super empathetic to people. I totally get that sick feeling in the pit of my stomach when I see the reveals. It's the reason I love a good book and hate horror movies. Especially the creepy suspense ones.

I am super empathetic to people. I totally get that sick feeling in the pit of my stomach when I see the reveals. It's the reason I love a good book and hate horror movies. Especially the creepy suspense ones.

I am super empathetic to people too. I get that exact same sick feeling. I actually get that sick feeling when people have to public speak and they're really nervous (mainly because I feel like I want to puke when I have to public speak - I hate it!).

aww, saw your vids btw. I thought you did good. I commented on one of them. Prob better than my solo vids I been doing. It's so much easier to do the podcast as a conversation with 3 other people than the solo vids. I think the trick with solo ones is having a conversation with the audience that aren't there in front of you.

I'm Manti Te'o IRL, I got hardcore cat fished. :D JK, I've never watched this show, I figured it was another scripted fake MTV show. Maybe I'll give it a try though. velorra and I met in WoW. I had her go through a lengthy application process to be my online girlfriend. This process helped me determine if she was indeed, really a female.

Oh man, me and my girlfriend watch this show all the time. I can't say I've ever personally been catfished, but a friend of mine dated a girl online for about 6 months that turned out to be a dude. :(

Maybe I am getting too old, but where did this phenomenon come from? I know Manti Teo brought the whole thing to mainstream's light, but did MTV already have this show prior to that whole media circus?

I grew up in the times of AOL and Facebook didn't exist until I hit college (the real college facebook, not the shit thats open to everyone these days). I'm sure stuff like this happened back then, but it is just easier to do now because of how easy it is to communicate with everyone.

Maybe I am getting too old, but where did this phenomenon come from? I know Manti Teo brought the whole thing to mainstream's light, but did MTV already have this show prior to that whole media circus?

I grew up in the times of AOL and Facebook didn't exist until I hit college (the real college facebook, not the shit thats open to everyone these days). I'm sure stuff like this happened back then, but it is just easier to do now because of how easy it is to communicate with everyone.
This has been going on forever. Through the mail, over the phone, and now over the internet. Internet just makes pretending to be someone you're not easier and more accessible to more people. They do it for all sorts of reasons ranging from trolling lulz to extortion and blackmail to just the kick they feel when they deceive someone. Teo was just a very public example, but by no means uncommon.

Well Catfish was originally a movie and it came out before that whole fiasco. It was a good movie; Niev in the show got catfished big time and that's how he got involved in the whole thing.

Sent from Droid Razr Maxx HD via Tapatalk

aww, saw your vids btw. I thought you did good. I commented on one of them. Prob better than my solo vids I been doing. It's so much easier to do the podcast as a conversation with 3 other people than the solo vids. I think the trick with solo ones is having a conversation with the audience that aren't there in front of you.

Do you have a link to your solo vids? I'd like to check some out and leave comments for support! :)[DOUBLEPOST=1374076722,1374076456][/DOUBLEPOST]
Oh man, me and my girlfriend watch this show all the time. I can't say I've ever personally been catfished, but a friend of mine dated a girl online for about 6 months that turned out to be a dude. :(

Ooo, that would definitely suck. :(

Top Bottom