What's new

Approved Curneus - pine fresh old guy

Curneus

Crafter
A P P L I C A T I O N:

What is your Name? Jeff
What is your Discord Name (name#1111) ?
Curneus#4065

Have you read the rules? Do you agree to them? And which rule resonates best with you?
Yes
Yes
Always be flexible

Do you have any friends who are Members? If so, who?
No
Why do you want to be a part of Crafting Worlds? (this is probably the most important one)
Yes

What games are you currently playing/looking to play with the Crafting Worlds community?
New World
I am also a fan of co-op survival games but not sure if anyone is down with that.

Were you ever a part of a community? What was your experience?
Yes.
My experience is that games may come and go but a good community that you connect with is more enduring.
I played EverQuest on the Lanys T'Vyl server for 5 years spending most of that time with a single guild.
I played World of Warcraft on the Uther server for 8 years with the same guild I played EverQuest with.
I have joined several smaller communities over the years for various games and still enjoy playing games with those folks even if I stopped playing the games I met them through.
Generally the most memorable experiences I have had in gaming over the years have come from overcoming challenges with friend I met through communities such as Crafting World.
I would say that finding a community that shares my values really makes a difference in the enjoyment of gaming as a hobby.

Tell us about yourself or anything else you'd like to share. The more we know about your the better!
It's been a minute since I have flexed my forum muscles... I was sure that Discord had struck a mortal blow years ago.
Back in my pre-internet gaming days I ran a BBS off my home computer and forums were my jam.
Forums were still a big part of my life many years and it's kind of strange I cannot recall when suddenly there was just Discord.

In any case, video games are my primary hobby outside of being a workaholic (IT manager).
I am not an overly chatty alpha male person but I can be chatty in certain situations for sure as a former forum warrior of the old ways.
If your into personality profiling, I am best described as an ENTP.

My favorite game genre is MMORPG (been playing them since 1999) which means I am salty about the state of the genre at times.
I have enjoyed a number of MMORPG in recent years including SWTOR, GW2, ESO, and FFXIV but none of them are really like old school EQ.
My second favorite game genre is coop friendly survival crafting games like 7 Days to Die, ARK, Conan Exiles, and Valheim.

Currently I am interested in seeking a good community to dive into New World with and hopefully enjoy future games with as well!

If you have any question, please let me know.

E N D

This probably needs clarification:
Why do you want to be a part of Crafting Worlds? (this is probably the most important one)
Yes
I completely skipped the word "why" and just read "do you want to be a part of Crafting Worlds?". Hah!

Since I cannot edit the post at this time I will simply reply with a more complete answer.

I am looking for a community to enjoy gaming with and the information I found on Reddit caught my eye. I am hoping that the start of a new MMO that has caught my interest would be a good vehicle to build lasting relationships with others who share similar interests. For me, this game look quite interesting but more importantly it is a means to a more fulfilling hobby experience. It has been a little while since I started up with a new MMO and I am really looking forward to finding a place, a home, to work together with people where we push boundaries and build shared experiences.

Top Bottom