What's new

Discord Voice Chat and Chatbox

tr1age

Administrator
Staff member
So we have installed a widget on the website so you can connect to a free voice chat server and chat. We wanted to try it out. We still have mumble, but figured if we could switch to the Discord for a little we could see if it is worth it.
We have transferred over permanently!

View attachment 798

Just hit connect to connect. You do NOT HAVE to make an account to use it. But if you want to it is easy to save your name.

This could suck, but we have heard some good things, so we are trying it.
Voice quality and ease of use is great! Available on all mobile phones too.

You can also use this to connect: http://voicechat.alttabme.com

This is like the slack chat/Skype for gamers.

https://discordapp.com/apps
View attachment 795

SSM9rsp.png

This is what chat should look like if you change the color scheme properly :)

whatishsouldlooklike-png.814

How?

2-png.797

1-png.796

Last edited:
Lords of the Dead keep trying all these weird voice chats to find a cheaper solution. They are all terrible, despite what the reviews say. My 2c.

Lords of the Dead keep trying all these weird voice chats to find a cheaper solution. They are all terrible, despite what the reviews say. My 2c.

THe voice quality if the key.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/366fgd/just_switched_to_a_program_called_discord_for_our/

They talk about it being 48KBPS here which is what mumble low quality uses and you can't change it.

So you can make the chatbox not look like butt hole:

View attachment 797

View attachment 796

BOOBOT Commands:

~roll or ~roll 50 or ~roll 2d5 or ~roll 3d4+2
to roll a number between 1 and 100,write another number after the command ~roll 50 to limit the roll to 1-X,or write in ‘DnD’ style with or without final addition.
~8ball will i win the lottery?
your question will be answered, only works if you write something after the command like ~8ball will i win the lottery tomorrow? guaranteed fun for everyone!!
~statsdisplays debug statistics so people can follow its progress.
~slash @userslash someone (requested by Anbu) (has 5min server-timeout after use)
~slash @userspank someone (requested by Anbu) (has 10sec user-timeout after use)
~cointhrows a coin, might result in heads or tails ~say I’m a stupid little ghost that will repeat just any nonsense :3 should be obvious what this does...
~choice a; b; c
lets the bot decide between some things, you have to provide at least 2 items, separated with ;can be text, users, or both... (useful to find out who’ll go first in some game)
~rule34 naruto or ~rule34 naruto 20
provides p0rn! can take any number of tags (minimum one) and if the last tag is anumber it will be used as a scrore filter (how many upvotes the image has)[user must be in group named ‘Bot Commander’]

~duel @user1 @user2
simulates a duel between two users (requested by Anbu)[user must be in group named ‘Bot Commander’]
~prune @user 20 or without filter: ~prune 20
removes the last X messages or from the last 20, what user x wrote.that doesn’t mean it removes the 20 last messages of that user, but ‘from the last 20’ remove ‘all that are from user x’[user must be in group named ‘Bot Commander’]
~serverinfo and ~userinfo @user
tells you hidden information about the server or a user[user must be in group named ‘Bot Commander’]
~mute @user, ~unmute @user
Mutes or unmutes a user, it deletes their messages when muted. Obviously the bot needs to have the neccesarry permissions, so thats the first thing you should check when it doesnt work![user must be in group named ‘Bot Commander’]
~mutechannel, ~unmutechannel, ~muteserver, ~unmuteserver
Those commands don’t mute people, they let the bot ignore channels or the whole server. This is useful if you want to get the ranking-benefits BooBot brings to your server, without all its commands, or if you just want to limit your users to use the bot in one channel.[user must be in group named ‘Bot Commander’]
Commands requested or planned already:~bet, ~giveaway, ~vote, ~trivia, ~ask, ~slowmode, ~r9kmode, ~muteuser,~mutechannel, ~prune, ~yiff, ~google, ~yt, ~wiki, command limiting...

AutoMod Commands:
List of commands:
(Note: usernames are case sensitive)
!! Now supports username to easier find the user
  • !help
  • !user (username) - gives info about a user
  • !8ball (question) - gives a random response to a question. End with a question mark (?).
  • !roll (number) - rolls a number between 1 and (number)
  • !dice (number 1-5) - rolls x dices
  • !ban (username) - bans user from server
  • !unban (username) - unbans user from server
  • !mute (username) - mutes user. user can also not type
  • !unmute (username) - unmutes user
  • !kick (username) - kicks user
  • !prune (username) - deletes all messages from user
  • !topic (text) - sets channel topic
  • !channelname (text) - sets channel name
  • !filter (word/phrase) - add filter for word/phase so it will be deleted if message contains the word/phrase
  • !unfilter (word/phrase) - removes filter word/phrase
  • !removefilter - removes all filter words for channel
  • !listfilter - lists all filters for channel
You can also talk to the bot by tagging it like example:
@AutoModerator How was your day?
!ban and below are Mod/Admin only commands, with exception of !listfilter.

So I ran into a tiny bug this morning where Discord would immediately delete my messages after I sent them.

The easiest way to fix this is to
-Leave the server (The one deleting your messages)
-Accept the invite back (On the right side toolbar of the TAB site)

If you find more bugs and have figured out how to troubleshoot them please place them here.

Last edited:
Type "/"
Currently emojis are only available if you find em on the phone or type in their code.

Uh have you installed the mobile app?
the weird pay for tapatalk mobile app, or discord mobile app?

Both of those are a no

Discord on regular old safari doesn't fit on the page, and I can't get past the start up message.
While the old tab chat fit very nice.

the weird pay for tapatalk mobile app, or discord mobile app?

Both of those are a no

Discord on regular old safari doesn't fit on the page, and I can't get past the start up message.
While the old tab chat fit very nice.

Correct you need to download the app for it to work on your phone for Discord. This is a problem I told them about and they hopefully will fix it.

Yea the Discord app actually streamlines each of the windows. It makes it much easier to chat on mobile.

A quick workaround for removing the sidebar in discord, which at least works in google chrome:
Right-click the sidebar and select inspect. You will find different containers. When you hover over them, you see on the website which part it is. go to the one that contains the entirety of the sidebar and just press delete. It's gone. Sadly you will have to do this every single time.

Result looks something like this:
DY8UfIJ.png

Last edited:
A quick workaround for removing the sidebar in discord, which at least works in google chrome:
Right-click the sidebar and select inspect. You will find different containers. When you hover over them, you see on the website which part it is. go to the one that contains the entirety of the sidebar and just press delete. It's gone. Sadly you will have to do this every single time.

Result looks something like this:
DY8UfIJ.png

Why have you not gone into your settings and done this yet:

So you can make the chatbox not look like butt hole:

View attachment 797

View attachment 796

Last edited:
Top Bottom