What's new

DUNE

N1DeMeo

Crafter
Is there anyone else super excited for this movie? I honestly can't wait, I think it looks awesome. Sadly I've never read the book(s), although I do have it on my bookshelf (I'll get around to it eventually). My main--and fairly limited--introduction to the Dune universe came from the Emperor: Battle for Dune video game released in 2002. 9 year old me had no idea what it was about, but I thought it was the coolest thing ever! I enjoyed watching the bulky harvesters get destroyed by a rampaging worm lol.

Emperor: Battle for Dune video game
My uncle played this game. I was a command and conquer nerd so watching my uncle play something that was like it and enjoy it was a lot of fun for me. Although I have no idea what the story was or even the lore or gameplay mechanics. I just enjoyed watching him play. That being said my girlfriend is EXTREMELY excited for this movie, I will tell her to get on this thread so she can tell you all the geeky reasons this film is awesome :) @hole all you!

Soooooo once upon time I went down a dark David Lynch hole. I watched Twin Peaks and then Mohalland Drive and I was hooked! This guy is insane and genius. I can't explain exactly why but I love that feeling of "I have no idea whats happening" while I'm watching a movie. It somehow soothes my mild ADHD & keeps me interested and evokes feelings! when I was a teenager and band came out with a song i liked I would go back and see what their older stuff was like. So here I am all obsessed with this David Lynch guy so I go back to my teenage mindset and try to find some older Lynch stuff and shit got real weird cuz its David Fucking Lynch but long story long this is how i found Dune. It was his first major film and it was a major flop but also a cult classic. I am also a reader ....I know! who reads now a days. The Dune books are considered SciFi classic masterpieces. I never read them all but with the new movie coming out I am inspired to re-read the first one and maybe even try reading some of the rest.
Anyone wanna do a Dune bookclub

Anyone wanna do a Dune bookclub
I'll join your Dune bookclub! :ROFLMAO: That'll give me a reason and motivation to finally read it. I've never seen the 1984 movie either, I know the game I played had those live action cutscenes but I have no clue if they were taken from the movie or done for the game!

I could be inclined to read that too, just as long as Dune comes first lol
I’m so ready for Dune!!!!!
I was thinking we could start it this week this way we finish before New World and the dune movie come out.

thoughts?

Wonder if we could get @tr1age to join us :)

I’m so ready for Dune!!!!!
I was thinking we could start it this week this way we finish before New World and the dune movie come out.

thoughts?
I'm down to start it this week, how should we go about sectioning it off?

Dune got an 7 minute standing ovation at the Venice film festival

So excited to hear that! After reading the first part of the book, my excitement to see this portrayed on the big screen is almost too much!

The Dune books are fantastic.
Crazy stuff but I really enjoyed them.

The David Lynch adaptation of Dune from 1984 is arguably my favorite movie of the 80's if not all time.
I have watched that movie dozens and dozens of times over the years.
I never could get into the SyFy channel adaptations though I hear they were good.
Really looking forward to the Denis Villeneuve adaptation this year.

Mostly I am hoping that they do more than just 1 movie.
I would love to see the entire Dune saga told in movies.

Mostly I am hoping that they do more than just 1 movie.
I would love to see the entire Dune saga told in movies.
So I've read that Vileneuve wanted to film two films back-to-back, since--if i'm remembering this right--the film that's coming out only accounts for half of the first book, however he was shutdown. So hopefully, this one does well enough to warrant a second one. I'm very excited for it! I've never seen any of the movies, but I played a game when I was a kid called Emporer: Battle for Dune and that's where my interest for it really stems from.

@hole how's that book 1 progress going?

Greatly enjoyed the books a long time ago. Also liked the movie and have watched it about 5 times. I’m excited about the new movie.

Greatly enjoyed the books a long time ago. Also liked the movie and have watched it about 5 times. I’m excited about the new movie.
Only about a month left to wait until we can see it! I've heard good things about it.

Cannot wait as myself and brother in law are going to a different city that has way better theater to see this in and will probably rent it and watch it on my big screen also after :)

Top Bottom