Esoba

Crafter
A P P L I C A T I O N:

What is your Name?
Phil

What is your Discord Name (name#1111) ?
Esoba#7837

What is your Age?
(as long as you are kind, handle yourself with maturity, you are welcome! Just know many of us are old farts.)
37 (38 in about a month)

Where are you from? (location/timezone)
Virginia (EST)

Have you read the rules? Do you agree to them? And which rule resonates best with you?
I have read the rules, and I agree with them. The one that sticks out the most is "Expense of Others". I've always believed that conflict happens in life, but a sign of maturity is being able to come together and resolve it. Having a rule that points this out is something that connects with something I personally believe.

Do you understand(written above) you must be active in order to maintain your membership status to the community?
I understand I must be active to maintain a membership in this community.

Do you have any friends who are Members? If so, who?
I do not.

How did you hear about the Crafting Worlds?
The Reddit advertisement (New World).

Why do you want to be a part of Crafting Worlds? (this is probably the most important one)
The last several weeks I have been searching through Reddit and other webpages trying to find a company for New World that I could see myself fitting into. Then I came across y'all, and the advertisement resonated with me. First, that video was great, and shows the effort put into this. To me, that is a great indicator for a guild that is built to last. However, the thing that really spoke to me was the part in the advertisement that said "No one feels they are a burden during the wins and the losses". Personally, I just want to have fun and be able to try new things without the fear of being tossed aside if it doesn't come naturally right away. As an example, I'm thinking of rolling a healer in New World, but I've never really tried that piece to the triad before. However, in previous games, I've seen how a learning healer can get a ton of heat if they are not a master right out the gate. So, having a community where learning is possible is important to me.

What was your first/favorite creative outlet? (optional)
Reading and writing. Well with reading it's mostly audiobooks now because I have to do so much reading for my job that I've started enjoying the escape that listening books can bring.

What were your first gaming experiences? (Console, PC, pen & paper, board games etc.)
DAoC back in the beginning of the 2000s, followed quickly by a long stint in SWG. Although, my very first would probably be some home brew dice fighting games I was taught when I was in elementary school.

What games are you currently playing/looking to play with the Crafting Worlds community?
New World

What role do you find yourself falling into in games? (For example: PvP, PvE, Casual/Social, etc.)
Mostly PvE, but I'm open to PvP

Were you ever a part of a community? What was your experience?
I've been in many communities over the years. Most of the experiences have been a net positive, but there's also been times I've seen groups turn toxic. Overall, I've learned that not every group fits every person, and my best experiences have been with groups that fit me and the goals I have for a game.

What will you bring to the Crafting Worlds community? (Chatty? Skilled? Funny? Helping? Cookies!?)
I would say "helping" and being a cheerleader for others are what I typically bring to groups.

Tell us about yourself or anything else you'd like to share. The more we know about your the better!
Paradoxically, I love to learn as much as I can about almost anything, and this even includes the intricacies of how mechanics work in games. Yet, I have never and probably will never play the meta in any game that I play. This often means that in almost any game I play I know exactly why what I'm doing isn't the most efficient/strongest/fastest/etc, and yet I still do it because it's either more fun or more aesthetically pleasing to me. That doesn't mean I will purposefully field a character that can't complete a dungeon or quest, just that I typically don't min/max. With that being said, I appreciate the beauty of a character that eeks out every last ounce of stats because I know how much effort and thought goes into it.

37 (38 in about a month)
R.I.P.

"No one feels they are a burden during the wins and the losses"
YASSSS!!!!

Personally, I just want to have fun and be able to try new things without the fear of being tossed aside if it doesn't come naturally right away.
Exactly how we feel!

However, in previous games, I've seen how a learning healer can get a ton of heat if they are not a master right out the gate. So, having a community where learning is possible is important to me.
Well we have a healthy healer userbase so they will gladly learn the new game with you!

Most of the experiences have been a net positive,
THIS is IMPORTANT. IF people only have negative experiences ya gotta wonder, is it the fly or the shit? :)

Overall, I've learned that not every group fits every person, and my best experiences have been with groups that fit me and the goals I have for a game.
We need more people who understand this. It is hard to join a new community and sometimes even harder to leave. But if there is no joy, you gotta make the right decisions for self!

I'm open to PvP
I will show you the wayyyysss

Paradoxically
.... APPROVED

Thank you so much. I look forward to getting to know folks, and being schooled in the ways if both healing and PvP.

Top Bottom