What's new

Favorite Manga - Anime

Oh and just started a new manga called Btoom!

Its about a kid who plays online games all the time and gets thrown onto and island where they have to kill each other in the same way as they did in the online game. Its pretty good so far. Got quite a bit of fanservice in here

Rising X Rydeen - This manga is hilarious. Some people get supernatural abilities and this main character wants one so bad. His day finally comes but it isn't what he was expecting. Its actually kind of lame but it makes for an awesome comedy. I think it will come in handy in the future but for now its pure comedic gold

I"m watching a sports anime for the first time ever. Kuroko's Basketball. I'm actually enjoying it a lot.
Sports anime/manga all follow a very similar formula, but man they get really exciting when done right. I've yelled out of excitement and surprised, as well as cried during emotional heart break scenes.

Sports anime/manga all follow a very similar formula, but man they get really exciting when done right. I've yelled out of excitement and surprised, as well as cried during emotional heart break scenes.

Yeah, I'm already seeing a cycle just within the first several episodes. It's still fun tho.

Rising up from being bad. Get a good going then crushed by rival. Train really hard then at next tournament or finale they crush the rivals? Something like this?

prince of tennis was kinda good[DOUBLEPOST=1384575901,1384575843][/DOUBLEPOST]prince of tennis was kinda good

I have been reading manga for 10 years now (started with Naruto) and I really enjoy a variety of manga (AKA TONS) and anime.

A few favorites of manga:
Toriko (Very highly recommended)
ADDED: Flame of Recca (Highly under rated shounen)
World Trigger
Aphorism
Beelzebub
Soul Cartel
Ao No Exorcist (Blue Exorcist)
Assassination Classroom
Baki
The Breaker (if you like martial arts manga OH BOY READ IT!)
Karate Shoukoushi Kohinta Minoru
Eden Bowy (one of my all time favorites)
All time favorite HunterXHunter; too bad the author is worst and goes on multiple year long hiatus but seriously the first three arcs were my favorite read ever.

Anime:
BECK (I still have the album on my itunes)
Magi (Hands down the best anime from the last season)
Trigun
Speed Grapher
Toradora (DON'T YOU DARE JUDGE ME!)

This is a great anime streaming website if you ever need one http://www.animedreaming.tv/

I see a lot of good titles that i love on your list dude!
Have you read Kubera? or Tower of God? no?... still here? go go!

I see a lot of good titles that i love on your list dude!
Have you read Kubera? or Tower of God? no?... still here? go go!
Lol! I have read both I liked Kubera more than Tower of God (please don't hate me for that). I saw that a ton of the mange already listed were good ole classics so I wanted to throw in some of the more recent favorites that I have been tracking as well.

I was really surprised that no one mentioned HunterxHunter, especially since they re-made the anime recently (also a great anime!)

the thing with HXH is that when I watched a couple of eps back in the day... it reminded me of yugi oh... so I kinda grew a distaste for it inmediately, plus it seemed REALLY childish so... I never gave it a chance.

the thing with HXH is that when I watched a couple of eps back in the day... it reminded me of yugi oh... so I kinda grew a distaste for it inmediately, plus it seemed REALLY childish so... I never gave it a chance.
It grows up really quick and much more intense than Yugioh, you just have to put a few episodes into to really start on the first arc. Once you get to the Hunter's Exam it starts to pick up and after that well :)

BTW Reading Aphorism thanks to your recomendation... it's building up nicely! lets see how it does!
Have you ever read King of Thorns or Deadman's Wonderland? Those three are very similar in intense action thrillers and on Amazon Prime they actually made King of Thorns into a hour and a half movie.

I got a serious manga boner from this convo. I think am going to go read for about 4.5 hours lol also I love giving out suggestions because there is always a great manga hidden somewhere.

I agree! lots LOTS of great manga I've found are quite obscure and not many ppl know of them
Ubel Blatt, Break Blade, Id, Kubera... among many.

I agree! lots LOTS of great manga I've found are quite obscure and not many ppl know of them
Ubel Blatt, Break Blade, Id, Kubera... among many.
Ubel Blatt is a great revenge story! Id I have been on again off again for years still a great manga. OH Black Cat! Black Cat is an awesome manga about an assassin and is quite humorous and great drawing.

Pick up Vinland Saga. The combat is good at first but then kinda dies out towards the end and they focus on the story but its still a good read.

Top Bottom