What's new

Gamestop won't let you cancel pre-orders

Like I said, I think you might just have assholes at your store. I asked the dude at the store next to my work today and he said they still do refunds whenever asked. The store by my house does as well. :|

I have to be this guy, so I apologize in advance.

Well console gamers are used to being awfully treated and lied to. And last time I´ve looked my PC do no longer pick up physical boxes (unless it´s a collectors box). So my guess is, that mainly console gamers buy there.

*cough* PC Master Race *cough*

I did enjoy midnight launches, going to the store to pick up a physical copy of a game was all worth while.

Lately I've been playing mostly PC or PS4 games which I just download directly. No need to ever leave my house. One step closer to becoming a certified hermit.

The only games I've purchased a hard copy of in the last 5 years or so were Last of Us and FFXIV:ARR (PS3). The former because I planned to let a friend borrow it, and the latter because I hoped to play remotely with the Vita (plus PS3 ver. came with a free upgrade to PS4 ver., which was cheaper than buying the PS4 ver.).

Anyway, each was sold out at the first store I tried, and calling around took an unpleasant amount of time. When they did have it, it was one or two copies and a "no hold" policy. Factor in gas and the time spent hunting and waiting in lines... the digital downloads are more than convenient. I save money in the long run.

I expect hard copies will be around in the larger department stores for quite a while, but dedicated game shops? Maybe another 10 years. I don't think my kids will ever get the experience.

I expect hard copies will be around in the larger department stores for quite a while, but dedicated game shops? Maybe another 10 years. I don't think my kids will ever get the experience.

Yup, kinda like Blockbuster.

I loved Blockbuster as a kid. I used to walk through the horror section just to creep myself out with the covers. There are flicks I've never seen that I could probably repaint the covers for. Best the next generation is going to get is Redbox.

I used to walk through the horror section just to creep myself out with the covers.
I did the same thing when I was in a sex-shop in Japan. In the basement is the "used" section, where they put the movies they are no longer legally allowed to sell. The stuff there crept even me out.

ps. I´ve just looked up the past tense of creep, is it really crept? Sounds awful.

I did the same thing when I was in a sex-shop in Japan. In the basement is the "used" section, where they put the movies they are no longer legally allowed to sell. The stuff there crept even me out.

ps. I´ve just looked up the past tense of creep, is it really crept? Sounds awful.
I'm sorry, what?!

Haha, it's crazy to think there's a stash of illegal movies that gaijin can access. I bet some of those images are just burned into your mind...

PS. Crept is the proper past tense, but Creeped is better for this context since "creeped out" is a colloquialism. Imo, "Crept out" conveys movement (ie., someone sneaking around a corner in the dark, or climbing out of a hole), while "Creeped out" conveys that icky feeling.

=======
Back on topic, here are a ton of people that hate Gamestop.

Top Bottom