In the Market for a 47-50 inch TV

tr1age

Administrator
Staff member
please help!

What I want to do:
Netflix
Send movies from my computer to the TV
Not have plastic looking colors for skin tones.

Been looking at this:
http://www.amazon.com/VIZIO-E500i-B1-50-Inch-1080p-Smart/dp/B00GKKI4IE/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t

Price range for me is under 580 if possible. Cheaper the better. But without sacraficing quality.

Do I even need a SMART TV? Looked at this one:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KVLT0E0/ref=psdc_6459737011_t1_B00GKKI4IE

But I dunno how I would get netflix on it and send stuff from my computer....

Thoughts TV People?

You could always do what I did, order a 48" and have them deliver a 72"
Kappa.[DOUBLEPOST=1416696845,1416696804][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, google chromecast shite is like 35 bucks and makes any tv with hdmi input into a tv of reasonable intelligence.

I would honestly suggest you check out the models in person tho, before buying them online.. Numbers lie, 2 hd tv's can look very different at the end of the day.

The 'smart' aspect to my TV ends up being more gimmicky than useful, I'd advise just picking up a roku and a long hdmi chord so you can connect your pc, or a chromecast.

Can you explain to me how A roku works? Like, I plug in the HDMI to the ROKU and than the ROKU has inputs? Like lan and usb etc?

Can you explain to me how A roku works? Like, I plug in the HDMI to the ROKU and than the ROKU has inputs? Like lan and usb etc?

Im not sure about the newer devices, but mine is basically what a smart tv should be; connects via hdmi, has apps like netflix and amazon prime, etc. My roku has no inputs for other devices.

Im not sure about the newer devices, but mine is basically what a smart tv should be; connects via hdmi, has apps like netflix and amazon prime, etc. My roku has no inputs for other devices.

And how do you stream you computer to the TV? Cause I noticed you did that when I was over.

I just run an HDMI cord, but Chromecast will let you stream as well

Sent from Moto X using Tapatalk.

Yeah, I've never used a Chromecast though so I don't know how that works.

Sent from Moto X using Tapatalk.

you can also use an appletv, it's essentially the same as a roku but with more functionality cause I know you have a shitton of Icessories. And as far as tvs, I used to sell them ages ago. Panasonic, samsung, sony are all extremely good, 2nd tier is like LG and sharp, trash teir is like dynex (best buy brand) or any other brand name you've never heard of.

Basically what has been said, my Samsung smart tv feels very clunky and is annoying to navigate. Picture quality is great though, absolutely no complaints about that. Buy a ‘regular’ tv and some other solution like Chromecast, Appletv, or whatever. Smart is not worth it yet.

Basically what has been said, my Samsung smart tv feels very clunky and is annoying to navigate. Picture quality is great though, absolutely no complaints about that. Buy a ‘regular’ tv and some other solution like Chromecast, Appletv, or whatever. Smart is not worth it yet.

Yeah I'm gonna head to a best buy and take a look at the different samsungs I think and then buy it online. Gonna mount it over my computer desk I think and angle it down toward the couch. replace the picture frame.

6Tgvtp4.jpg

Whatever you do...wait to order it til this weekend or cyber monday. The deals will only get better as we head in that direction. I always do all my shopping pantsless, at home, on cyber monday. TMI?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I actually found a great deal on a Samsung and got it:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00I94IR8G/ref=pe_385040_127541850_TE_item

I looked at it in the store and liked it the best out of all the others I looked at.

It was between that and a Vizio 50 inch. The vizio had a badass smart system and keyboard controller but overall I just felt the Samsung had a better color.

Woulda waited. That price might have dropped more. Regardless grats. That's a nice tv

Woulda waited. That price might have dropped more. Regardless grats. That's a nice tv

gracias. Amazon has price match and great return policy if they do drop the price :) But that is def the tv I wanted looking at it in the store. The other brands just didn't hold up to it. The only one to come close was the Vizio 50 inch M series B2 but something was off about it compared to the Samsung. So we will see if prices drop CRAZY AMOUNTS then maybe I will return it. If not no buyers remorse here :) Remember too I have't owned a TV in over 8 years! I was so tempted to get a 55 inch but wall mounting it just seemed ridiculous and a bit over dramatic lol

Wall mounting is simpler than you think haha. Samsung are the best imo and LG ranks up there too. I have a 55 inch LG on my wall with a soundbar on my fireplace mantle.

Wall mounting is simpler than you think haha. Samsung are the best imo and LG ranks up there too. I have a 55 inch LG on my wall with a soundbar on my fireplace mantle.

Inch Envy

I did an app to see how the difference would look

48 vs 55
mzLFEiR.png

CO5LNw5.png

55 fo sho

although that doesn't look right to me.. I feel like they should both be a bit bigger.

Top Bottom