What's new

In the Market for a 47-50 inch TV

Fuck it I couldn't help myself. I cancelled the 48 inch and got the 55 http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-UN48H6350-48-Inch-1080p-120Hz/dp/B00I94IR8G/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1416807629&sr=1-2&keywords=samsung 6350

I almost went with this: http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-UN55H6203-55-Inch-1080p-120Hz/dp/B00K4UJ318/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1416816304&sr=1-1&keywords=samsung 6203 and a Roku.

They are the exact same display but one has shitty interface and build quality and smart system and the other has much better with upgrade smarts and inputs as well as features. So no Roku Needed right out of the box.

But figured I wanted the TV to be slimmer, have more HDMI inputs etc and be more future proof, and honestly a 200$ at this price range is kinda acceptable me thinks.

The slimmer thing is important because it is going on my wall.

Go big or go home I guess :p

Thoughts on my choice?[DOUBLEPOST=1416817115,1416816483][/DOUBLEPOST]This should help with size.

View attachment 582

55 is an awesome screen size but 48 might suit your apartment better.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I bought this two years ago on Black Friday - http://www.amazon.com/Sony-KDL46EX645-46-Inch-1080p-Internet/dp/B008XG1N72

I have a PC I have hooked up to it and stream directly, not wirelessly.... But I do use Netflix and Amazon Prime TV directly on the TV. It works well.

I have my PS3, PS4, Wii U, and a dedicated (old) PC for ::coughtorrentedandbrowserstreamingcough:: TV. I'm sure I could finagle something with it to stream wirelessly (Chrome, Roku, Apple, etc.) but I never needed to.

I'll take some pictures later if you want.

55 is an awesome screen size but 48 might suit your apartment better.

Well I figure I watch TV from across the room laying on my couch so the 55 will probably be fine. I'll never be watching it while sitting at the computer just doesn't make sense. So that is a good distance from viewing I would assume. There is a good 10-11 feet give or take form couch head to wall. Optimal viewing being 7.5 feet.

I bought this two years ago on Black Friday - http://www.amazon.com/Sony-KDL46EX645-46-Inch-1080p-Internet/dp/B008XG1N72

I have a PC I have hooked up to it and stream directly, not wirelessly.... But I do use Netflix and Amazon Prime TV directly on the TV. It works well.

I have my PS3, PS4, Wii U, and a dedicated (old) PC for ::coughtorrentedandbrowserstreamingcough:: TV. I'm sure I could finagle something with it to stream wirelessly (Chrome, Roku, Apple, etc.) but I never needed to.

I'll take some pictures later if you want.

My most difficult part will be to figure out how to split my speakers between the TV and the computer. Probably need a mixer box. I use monitor speakers. And no not monitor like a screen monitor like studio monitor speakers :p

My most difficult part will be to figure out how to split my speakers between the TV and the computer. Probably need a mixer box. I use monitor speakers. And no not monitor like a screen monitor like studio monitor speakers :p

Get a sound bar? I know you're way more of an audiophile than myself so I can't really help with the speaker situation. I just use the stock speakers on the TV.

Get a sound bar? I know you're way more of an audiophile than myself so I can't really help with the speaker situation. I just use the stock speakers on the TV.

Nah I don't think it makes sense to get a sound bar if I am going to stream most from my computer but who knows. We will see, I haven't owned a tv in 8 years or so so I will figure out how much I hate or love it soon.

Nah I don't think it makes sense to get a sound bar if I am going to stream most from my computer but who knows. We will see, I haven't owned a tv in 8 years or so so I will figure out how much I hate or love it soon.

I mean, unless you're going high-end surround sound with hi-def, hi end blu ray, you'll probably be fine with just the stock system, no matter what TV you get if it's above shit tier. Especially if you're 98% streaming.

He has insanely awesome speakers though.

Having great speakers and buying new speakers are two different scenarios (I was under the impressions he's building an entirely new entertainment system and ignored previous messages). That said, with poor audio quality in the video, good speakers can't mask that.

What is your setup going to be? You could busy HDMI the whole shabang and get a TV tuner card and always run the audio through your computer. Probably keep the best sound quality that way

Sent from Moto X using Tapatalk.

What is your setup going to be? You could busy HDMI the whole shabang and get a TV tuner card and always run the audio through your computer. Probably keep the best sound quality that way

Sent from Moto X using Tapatalk.

Yeah I will probably just be throwing the HDMI right into my PC and letting the audio play from the PC itself since the TV will be right above my computer seems like the best option. I can 3 monitor it anyway with my card.

I basic needs of the TV is to be able to run Netflix and my downloaded movies on it from my computer. So best case is probably just that. That or like you said get a basic card that I dedicate to the TV itself from my PC.

It does have that samsung direct smart thingy that lets me throw video from a computer wirelessly to the screen so maybe that will work too.

I'm late to the party as usual, but on the streaming note: I used to do this with my PS3, but I haven't tried it with the PS4 yet...

When both the machine and the console are on the same network, you can enable the PS4 to play files from the computer. Plus you get a Blu-ray player, HD storage space, and Netflix/Hulu/Amazon/HBO streaming.

Stream from Mac to PS4 (article)
YouTube link for above on PC
PS4 Apps

A little late but a friend of mine got a 60" for $650. IDK if cyber Monday deals are still going but i would check there

Top Bottom