What's new

MOBA League of Legends

Seon

Hey all. Just a shout out to other LoLers. Myself, Kidarus and Kaldra from Arcanix play almost every day. If you feel like playing just let me know who you are on these forums. I will most likely ignore a friend request in game if I don't recognize your name. My name is Takoba in game and smurf is Dorverey.

Corvus plays a lot with a good group of our r/l friends. I drew the line at installing that stupid panda crap or whatever that peer program they make you download the client with. It acts very suspicious. I decided I didn't want to play LoL that bad. That was a few months ago.

I also found a torrent of the client and attempted to use it but I could not update it. Some sort of Adobe Airtime error. Upon checking the forums, I noticed support was completely lacking for this issue and in general. That was the last straw. LOL

I would play but I am terrible. Was never good at the whole RTS / DOTA styled gameplay.

My League name is Eneco. 1460 ELO / 70% Win Ratio (Pretty low, just not really motivated to play ranked lately).

I have 1k+ wins and all champions + more skins than I should have.

Feel free to add me.

My name on their is "SwiftClassic" if anyone wants to play. :)
I've played on and off since about a month after it came out so... hopefully I'm good enough ;)

I just started back four days ago to give me something to do until the 25th. Baire Seraph is my name if you want to add me you can. I haven't done any ladder matches yet though.

After playing LoL for almost 3 years I quit when Pulsefire Ezreal was released and was more then 1820 RP. I don't like the precedent that sets and I think the champ pool is getting too diluted. It was a GREAT game while I enjoyed it, I just find I do not enjoy it anymore. For the last almost 6 months I would only log on and play a bot game to get a daily win, I have even stopped doing that now.

-brucecry-

Surprisingly enough, my summoner name is ULTRAxCHEZ. While I am level 30, I don't play much ranked (I prefer the more laid back spirit of Normal), although I'm always up for a game no matter the type.

After playing LoL for almost 3 years I quit when Pulsefire Ezreal was released and was more then 1820 RP. I don't like the precedent that sets and I think the champ pool is getting too diluted. It was a GREAT game while I enjoyed it, I just find I do not enjoy it anymore. For the last almost 6 months I would only log on and play a bot game to get a daily win, I have even stopped doing that now.

-brucecry-

I don't really care about PFE's cost. The amount of particle effects, the extra dev time in creating level up skins, the extra V/O etc... All increased development cost. That said having an optional skin that you don't have to buy and doesn't increase anyone's power at all and is purely cosmetic doesn't really effect your game at all. If you don't like it don't buy it. It hasn't become their new pricing model, and thus far is a one off. I can see them maybe doing a few skins a year at that level of increased quality. To say that their releasing PFE decreases the amount of enjoyment you derive from the game is like saying Porsche's new release of a car at a higher price point decreases the joy you have at driving your 911. (And the skin was 1/2 off at release, making it cheaper than any of the legendary skins that are currently available. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2298171)

That said, many of the new skins coming out @ 975 RP are vastly superior to old legendary skins. (Compare Tyrant Swain to TF Legendary.) Combined with total model remakes+all skins updated on Ashe, Katarina, GP, (For FREE) the overall quality is going up along with having a traditional pricing structure.

Riot as a company has more interaction with their players than any other company I have ever seen. They explain many changes in depth, provide help, play games with the community, implement community skin designs, create champions based on community ideas, (See Lee Sin), are super supportive of the e-sports scene (Unlike Blizzard), admit their mistakes and quickly work to resolve them and in general are on of my favorite developers by far.

Letting one skin release that you just happen to disagree with ruin an absolutely fantastic gameplay experience just seems foolish in the extreme.

I don't really care about PFE's cost. The amount of particle effects, the extra dev time in creating level up skins, the extra V/O etc... All increased development cost. That said having an optional skin that you don't have to buy and doesn't increase anyone's power at all and is purely cosmetic doesn't really effect your game at all. If you don't like it don't buy it. It hasn't become their new pricing model, and thus far is a one off. I can see them maybe doing a few skins a year at that level of increased quality. To say that their releasing PFE decreases the amount of enjoyment you derive from the game is like saying Porsche's new release of a car at a higher price point decreases the joy you have at driving your 911. (And the skin was 1/2 off at release, making it cheaper than any of the legendary skins that are currently available. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2298171)

That said, many of the new skins coming out @ 975 RP are vastly superior to old legendary skins. (Compare Tyrant Swain to TF Legendary.) Combined with total model remakes+all skins updated on Ashe, Katarina, GP, (For FREE) the overall quality is going up along with having a traditional pricing structure.

Riot as a company has more interaction with their players than any other company I have ever seen. They explain many changes in depth, provide help, play games with the community, implement community skin designs, create champions based on community ideas, (See Lee Sin), are super supportive of the e-sports scene (Unlike Blizzard), admit their mistakes and quickly work to resolve them and in general are on of my favorite developers by far.

Letting one skin release that you just happen to disagree with ruin an absolutely fantastic gameplay experience just seems foolish in the extreme.

Uhh... What he said.

My name is gosusongirl I think I will try adding you guys to play with. I usually play Teemo or Karthus! :)

Oh the skin is awesome as all hell. I didn't mean the release of the skin decreased my enjoyment of the game at all, sorry if it came across that way. All I was saying is that I did not like the precedent it sets. It is already hard enough for a casual player to keep up with the release rate of champions unless they pay real money for Riot Points and what happens when they release a champ for 9650 IP or 12,600 IP, or 1820 RP? (I know I am comparing skin releases to champs but the higher price point precedent can be used by Riot if they just say "We spent a lot of time on this champ".) I am only concerned with the precedent it sets, that is all. The skin itself is brilliant, but it should not have had a higher price point then 1820 RP.

I cannot argue this as their content quality has indeed been increasing. I remember when Ezreal was released with the Nottingham Ez skin and it was a simple recolor. Oh look his jacket is green instead of brown!

Also, something I cannot argue. Riot is definitely one of my favorite gaming companies. What they are doing for e-sports is awesome. The only thing I can "argue" is the Lee Sin topic. He was created years ago by... I wanna say Guinsoo, but never made it past development and the community, over a 2-ish year time span, demanded he become a champ so they released him on April Fools day.

LoL was in decline for me quite a few months before the release of PFE. Hell, I don't think I even played for 2 weeks or more before he was released and the skin just sent me "over the edge" as it were.

Top Bottom