What's new

GW2 Legendary Weapon Guide!

Fix'd. I wass looking at your comment while writing my own comment and got distracted, that's how I got the names mixed up sorry. lol
Lol it's ok. Just the second time in like 10 minutes someone thanked me when Jordo did 100% of the work! XD

Thank you tons Jordo!
and...

Combined from the OP:

Legendary Recipes:
Axe - Frostfang - Artificer + Weaponsmith
Dagger - Incinerator - Cooking + Weaponsmith
Greatsword - Sunrise - Armorsmith + Weaponsmith
Greatsword - Twilight - Armorsmith + Weaponsmith
Hammer - Juggernaught - Jewler + Weaponsmith
Mace - Moot - Tailor + Weaponsmith
Shield - Flame Seeker Prophices - Armorsmith + Weaponsmith
Sword - Bolt - Artificer + Weaponsmith
Spear -Maw of the Deep - Leatherworker + Weaponsmith
Longbow - Kudzu - Huntsman + Huntsman
Shortbow - Dreamer - Jewler + Huntsman
Rifle - Predator - Tailor + Huntsman
Pistol - Quip - Tailor + Huntsman
Torch - Dragon Maw - ????? + Huntsman
Warhorn - Howler - Leatherworker + Huntsman
Speargun - Frenzy - Cooking + Huntsman
Focus - Minstrel - Jewler + Artificer
Scepter - Meteorlogicus - Armorsmith + Artificer
Staff - Bitfrost - Cooking + Artificer
Trident - Kraitkin - Huntsman + Artificer

Also, I wonder how many people will actually put the effort into the underwater weapon legendaries.

Also, I wonder how many people will actually put the effort into the underwater weapon legendaries.

Well considering they're just looks, I guess it really just depends how happy someone is with the looks of their main weapons and how badly they want to be the first person with water weapons.

First of all, thank you so much Jordo for this. And since it takes two disciplines to make a legendary and I wanted to get there as efficiently as possible I just rearranged the information you have provided. Hope it is useful to some of you.

How to obtain the Legendary Recipes:

You buy the recipes for the "gifts" and the "Trophy's" from Miyani, they cost 10 Gold each. It will cost 20 gold to obtain both gift recipes
Where do I find Miyani?

Miyani is found next to the Mystic Forge in Lion's Arch.

Legendary Recipes:

Axe - Frostfang - Gift of Ice + Gift of Metal + Bloodstone Shard + Exotic Weapon
Dagger - Incinerator - Vial of Liquid Flame + Gift of Metal + Bloodstone Shard + Exotic Weapon
Greatsword - Twilight - Gift of Darkness + Gift of Metal + Bloodstone Shard + Exotic Weapon
Greatsword - Sunrise - Gift of Light + Gift of Metal + Bloodstone Shard + Exotic Weapon
Hammer - Juggernaught - Vial of Quicksilver + Gift of Metal + Bloodstone Shard + Exotic Weapon
Mace - Moot - Gift of Entertainment + Gift of Metal + Bloodstone Shard + Exotic Weapon
Shield - Flame Seeker Prophices - Gift of History + Gift of Metal + Bloodstone Shard + Exotic Weapon
Spear -Maw of the Deep - Shark Statue + Gift of Metal + Bloodstone Shard + Exotic Weapon
Sword - Bolt - Gift of Lightning + Gift of Metal + Bloodstone Shard + Exotic Weapon

Longbow - Kudzu - Gift of Nature + Gift of Wood + Bloodstone Shard + Exotic Weapon
Pistol - Quip - Gift of Entertainment + Gift of Wood + Bloodstone Shard + Exotic Weapon
Rifle - Predator - Gift of Stealth + Gift of Wood + Bloodstone Shard + Exotic Weapon
Shortbow - Dreamer - Unicorn Statue + Gift of Wood + Bloodstone Shard + Exotic Weapon
Speargun - Frenzy - Gift of Water + Gift of Wood + Bloodstone Shard + Exotic Weapon
Torch - Dragon Maw - ????? + Gift of Wood + Bloodstone Shard + Exotic Weapon
Warhorn - Howler - Wolf Statue + Gift of Wood + Bloodstone Shard + Exotic Weapon

Focus - Minstrel - Gift of Music + Gift of Energy + Bloodstone Shard + Exotic Weapon
Scepter - Meteorlogicus - Gift of Weather + Gift of Energy + Bloodstone Shard + Exotic Weapon
Staff - Bitfrost - Gift of Color + Gift of Energy + Bloodstone Shard + Exotic Weapon
Trident - Kraitkin - Eel Statue + Gift of Energy + Bloodstone Shard + Exotic Weapon

What do I do once i have the 4 needed items?
Put all four items into the mystic forge, and receive your legendary!

Gift of Darkness - Armorsmith 400
Gift of History - Armorsmith 400
Gift of Light - Armorsmith 400
Gift of Weather - Armorsmith 400

Gift of Energy - Artificer 400
Gift of Ice - Artificer 400
Gift of Lightning - Artificer 400

Gift of Color - Cooking 400
Vial of Liquid Flame - Cooking 400
Gift of Water - Cooking 400

Eel Statue - Huntsman 400
Gift of Nature - Huntsman 400
Gift of Wood - Huntsman 400

Vial of Qucksilver - Jeweler 400
Unicorn Statue - Jeweler 400
Gift of Music - Jeweler 400

Shark Statue - Leatherworking 400
Wolf Statue - Leatherworking 400

Gift of Entertainment - Tailor 400
Gift of Stealth - Tailor 400

Gift of Metal - Weaponsmith 400

Where are the Dungeon items for the gifts?

Ascalonian Tear - Ascalonian Catacombs:Gift of Color, Gift of Darkness, Gift of History, Gift of Light, Gift of Lightning
Deadly Bloom -Twilight Arbor: Gift of Nature, Unicorn Statue, Wolf Statue
Flame Legion Charr Carving - Citadel of Flame: Vial of Liquid Flame
Knowledge Crystal - Crucible of Eternity: Gift of Weather, Gift of Stealth
Manifesto of the Moletariate- Sorrow's Embrace: Vial of Qucksilver, Eel Statue
Seal of Beetletun - Caudecus's Manor: Gift of Music, Gift of Entertainment
Symbol of Koda - Honor of the Waves: Gift of Ice, Gift of Water
Shard of Zhaitan – Arah: Shark Statue

supposedly 13 runs = stack of 250

Primary Gifts:

Gift of Color
250X Pile of Crystalline Dust
50X Opal Orb
250X Ascalonian Tear
250X Unidentified Dye

Gift of Darkness
250X Darksteel Ingot
250X Orichalcum Ore
250X Hardened Leather Section
250X Ascalonian Tear

Gift of History
5X Onyx Lodestone
250X Ascalonian Tear

Gift of Light
250X Orichalcum Ore
250X Sunstone Lump
250X Ascalonian Tear

Gift of Lightning
250X Orichalcum Ore
250X Gossamer Scrap
5X Charged Lodestone
250X Ascalonian Tear

Gift of Nature
250X Ancient Wood Log
250X Deadly Bloom
250X Nominberry

Unicorn Statue
250X Orichalcum Ore
50X Chrysocola Orb
50X Opal Orb
250X Deadly Bloom

Wolf Statue
250X Orichalcum Ore
250X Vicious Fang
250X Deadly Bloom

Vial of Liquid Flame
5X Molten Lodestone
5X Destroyer Lodestone
250X Flame Legion Charr Carving
250X Ghost Pepper

Gift of Weather
250X Orichalcum Ore
5X Charged Lodestone
250X Knowledge Crystal

Gift of Stealth
250X Darksteel Ingot
250X Orichalcum Ore
250X Knowledge Crystal
250X Orrian Truffle

Vial of Qucksilver
250X Darksteel Ingot
250X Silver Ingot
250X Silver Doubloon
250X Manifesto of the Moletariate

Eel Statue
250X Armored Scale
250X Vial of Powerful Blood
250X Manifesto of the Moletariate

Gift of Music
250X Orichalcum Ore
250X Gossamer Scrap
250X Silk Scrap
250X Seal of Beetletun

Gift of Entertainment
250X Orichalcum Ore
250X Gossamer Scrap
250X Seal of Beetletun
5X Evon Gnashblade's Box o' Fun

Gift of Ice
250X Orichalcum Ore
5X Glacial Lonestone
5X Corrupted Lodestone
250X Symbol of Koda

Gift of Water
5X Molten Lodestone
5X Glacial Lonestone
5X Corrupted Lodestone
250X Symbol of Koda

Shark Statue
250X Orichalcum Ore
250X Vial of Powerful Blood
250X Shard of Zhaitan

SECONDARY GIFTS:

Gift of Metal
250X Mithril Ore
250X Orichalcum Ore
250X Platinum Ore
100X Lump of Primordium

Gift of Wood
250X Elder Wood Log
250X Hard Wood Log
250X Ancient Wood Log
250X Seasoned Wood Log

Gift of Energy
250X Linen Scrap
250X Gossamer Scrap
250X Silk Scrap

How to obtain the Bloodstone Shard:
Bloodstone Shards are bought from Miyani for 200 skill points. (OUCH! Save up those skill points!)

What exotic weapon do I need for the Legendary?

"Tooth of Frostfang of Rage" This weapon is used to craft the legendary axe Frostfang
"Spark of Rage" "This weapon is used to craft the legendary dagger Incinerator
"The Bard of Rage" This weapon is used to craft the legendary focus The Minstrel
"Dawn of Rage" This weapon is used to craft the legendary greatsword Sunrise
"The Colossus of Rage" This weapon is used to craft the legendary hammer The Juggernaut
"Maw of Rage" This weapon is used to craft the legendary spear Maw of the Deep
"Leaf of Kudzu of Rage" This weapon is used to craft the legendary longbow Kudzu
"The Energizer of Rage" This weapon is used to craft the legendary mace The Moot
"Chaos Gun of Rage" This weapon is used to craft the legendary pistol Quip
"The Hunter of Rage" This weapon is used to craft the legendary rifle The Predator
"Storm of Rage" This weapon is used to craft the legendary scepter Meteorlogicus
"The Seeker of Rage" This weapon is used to craft the legendary shield The Flameseeker Prophices
"The Lover of Rage" This weapon is used to craft the legendary shortbow The Dreamer
"Rage of Rage" This weapon is used to craft the legendary speargun Frenzy
"The Legend of Rage" This weapon is used to craft the legendary staff The Bitfrost
"Zap of Rage" This weapon is used to craft the legendary sword Bolt
"Dragons Claw of Rage" This weapon is used to craft the legendary torch Dragons Maw
"Venom of Rage" This weapon is used to craft the legendary trident Kraitkin
"Howl of Rage" This weapon is used to craft the legendary warhorn Howler
"Dusk of Rage" This weapon is used to craft the legendary greatsword Twilight

I don't want to waste gold switching Disciplines, what if I want more than one legendary?

Gifts - These are not soulbound and will be able to be sold on the AH
Bloodstone Shard - This will be soulbound.
Exotic Weapons - This will also be soulbound.
Final Legendary Weapon - Soulbound as well.

So, you can buy the two gifts(guaranteed to be pricey), but you will still have to grind out the 200 skill points, and the exotic weapon.

Don't forget each one of those gifts takes about 13 dungeon runs. plus 250 of 4 different mats.

^ Not each one. Metal, Wood, and Energy just require the mats. And each item needs one of those three, with most of the dual wieldy type weapons needing Metal. So, those are the money makers, especially if you have the time or people harvesting for you.

The other Gifts require the dungeon runs. We'll see how that all shakes out. Certain dungeons are only used for one type of gift, which is going to make them harder to find groups for. This will be an interesting meta to see how the prices for this stuff turns out. I think we're going to see the old EQ1 market style of a few rare items at massive cost, especially the dungeon required Gifts, and out of those, especially the ones that only one dungeon provides. Such as the Citadel of Flame which is only used for the Dagger and is only a level 70 dungeon. My prediction is that one could be the most expensive. Thieves and Necros will want that dagger, not sure about anyone else.

offhand dagger has some awesome stats and attacks for condition ranger, so they may want one of those but probably as a 3rd or 4th choice.

Lol it's ok. Just the second time in like 10 minutes someone thanked me when Jordo did 100% of the work! XD

lol no biggy...if people are mistaking me for you and that schmexy beard, i'll take that as a compliment :D

Thanks Meta and ThatOneGuy for simplifying things a bit

EDIT: Also there is a rumor going around that the torch's ????? will be Gift of Fire...since there isn't one and they have Gift of Water and Gift of Lightning on there

that and a torch is basically Fire on Wood

Will the final legendary weapon / exotic weapons be soulbound on make or soulbound on use? If it is soulbound on make, then there can't be sold at all, which is kinda weird since I've seem most items rare/unique items are only soulbound on use.

Will the final legendary weapon / exotic weapons be soulbound on make or soulbound on use? If it is soulbound on make, then there can't be sold at all, which is kinda weird since I've seem most items rare/unique items are only soulbound on use.
Bind on Pick Up.

Urgh, that ruins everything. I was thinking of making just one blacksmith who would make all weapons / armor for my account... sigh

Urgh, that ruins everything. I was thinking of making just one blacksmith who would make all weapons / armor for my account... sigh
You can still make the stuff the requires blacksmithing and those items are tradeable. The final product is bound to the character tho.

The items made by a crafting discipline are tradeable. Everything else is collected by you from either grinding or AH for most items so, conceivably you can make every legendary for one character. It would take like 64 years of real time though.

Top Bottom