What's new

Lotteries - Waste of Money or Fun Gambling?

Aren't you only supposed to give your name? Like either a first OR a last name. Like i said before, the first thing i would do is contact a lawyer and see what we can do to keep me as anonymous as we can.

This actually is different per state. There is a website you can check on the law (can't remember it now), but certain states require only that you file your name for public record, and other states require it be announced in the media some how (maybe not TV, but possible newspaper).

This actually is different per state. There is a website you can check on the law (can't remember it now), but certain states require only that you file your name for public record, and other states require it be announced in the media some how (maybe not TV, but possible newspaper).

That stinks. If i had to give my name i would probably name change pretty quickly. Gotta keep the family safe. Priority #1

Looks like anonymity is legal in Maryland.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nners-revealed-3-public-school-employees.html

Mega-Millions-record-breaking-jackpot_web.jpg

Rants don't have to be negative.
We have always treated rants as a place for opinionated discussions. This seems to be a good place for this. If I am wrong I can move it back no harm no foul. But always figured rants as a place to just let loose on topics otherwise not placeable. Plus rants get front page billing and this seemed like a good one for it.

I've always said I'd never win the lotto because I know exactly what I would do with it.

#1 No one would really know I won.
As I've always lived a mobile life it would be easy to say I got a new job wherever and disappear long enough to "hide the money" without suspicion.
To be honest though, anyone can use this excuse of a foreign job opprotunity as a stepping stone to subterfuge.

#2 I would set up a company to handle the money, all the money.
From overseas I'd work with a Lawyer or a team of individuals as an investor, not a lottery winner, but as an investor to create a trust, or other external entity to hold and dispurse the money.
Obviously me, and my descendants would have complete control over the authorization and then manage the companies (or delegate management) that are then acquired or created through this entity.

#3 I would be hired by this company.
My job would be seeking out creativity and developing talent in the companies and entities that are aquired by the lottery money shell.
Not only does this defeat the great barrier of "What the hell do I do with the money?" It also gives a perfect cover for "Where did the money come from?" and "What am I going to do every day?"
Everyone is suspicious that you suddenly have a fancy house and do all these awesome things. Well, you're not paying for it! Those are job perks I can abuse when I say "yeah I'm searching for talent and schmoozing them up." So every so often you can take your buddies out for a crazy time, but they know not to abuse it or the "sexy parties" go away forever.

EDIT:
Another huge perk to this is that you will introduce people in your life to opportunity indirectly. You can give them a leg up on a hot position in one of your companies but you never directly gave them anything. Therefore they don't have the opportunity to get greedy.
Maybe even better, you introduce them to things that inspire them to independantly change their own lives then can invest and enable success they made happen for them selves.
/edit

Later, if people get too comfortable sucking off your tit, you say "Dude, I just can't anymore. This is my JOB here" you now have a work-related and understandable excuse for shutting off the gravy train. Instead of everyone thinking your a rich dick who wont pay for their friends (oh and those friends would NEVER pay for your stuff.) anymore, your looking out for the future.

For all anyone who knows me knows or sees I got retarded lucky and was hired by a venture capital firm, or some reclusive foreign millionaire to seek out and develop talent for their conglomerate. (or whatever unique position you could make up a good excuse for)
No matter who you are or what background you come from there's something you do well.

That's your perfect cover and your perfect way to spend life.
What most people fail at in these situations is that they think what they like to do is what they are good at doing.
Liking to spend money and being good at it are two different things.

So if I ever won a big lotto I'd make my life better, help hundreds if not millions of people indirectly and no one would ever know (except for all of you because you are reading my plan) anything about the lotto. No bothersome loan requests, no terminated friendships, no hassle because I wont ever show up to get the money in person. My entity representative will. (if I have time to prepare I will claim it as the entity representitive of the forigen mystery person)
Hell even if I have to show up I'll be dressed like the grim-reaper and make everyone involved sign a non-disclosure agreement.

If you ever win the lotto, feel free to steal my idea.
Even better hire me as a managing partner and I'll guarantee your lotto life will be fufilling and as anonymous as it can be.

EDIT:
One of the best things about this is if you ever get tired of being "the rich guy" you can say you got fired and move back into a comfortable life.
Friends & Family getting greedy or hard to manage, then kaboom Dream life over and go back to siple things. When it all cools down move away on "another new job" and no one needs to be the wiser.

EDIT 2:
SOMEONE BUY ME IN FOR 5 Tickets!

EDIT 3:
I'm a bit of a weirdo, and a stickler for information once my mind starts processing... so I did some checking.
Each state has a different set of laws, but it seems that in general you must claim the ticket in the state it was purchased. However, the state may not require you to go to the state in person if you are living out of state. For example Pennsylvania allows out of state persons to do everything by mail, and never go to the office directly.
Also there is no "rule" that the claimant must be a person (that I can find). Another good point is that you have 180 days to claim most mega jackpots.

In that time you could set up residency in a neighboring state and "sell" the ticket to a DBA entity (even better set up a corporation) which would then claim the winnings as an out of state entity drastically reducing the information tracking of who really won. You would need the company to have an federal tax id as well.

So the required "Right to Know Act" information would read as
I'm Rich Bitch Partnership
P.O. Box 666 Nowheresville Idaho 12345
Mega Millions

Obviously the P.O. box would be forwarded to the in state residence, where you wouldn't live anymore. All bullshit would be filtered through there. You could have a delivery service pick up the mail, sort it and send you any relevant info. (small price to pay, but hey you're rich bitch!)
Any curious individual would have to petition the county to release the personal information attached to the company, making it harder to find you. (and I'd pick a state where that was a difficult petition to make)
Basically anyone would have a hard time finding you. Maybe even you!

The only downside is that the winnings would likely face higher taxes than an individual.
Still, corporate taxes have a whole plethora of loopholes and programs to offset any potential loss. Still, with the lotto anonymity and peace of mind are priceless.

I've always said I'd never win the lotto because I know exactly what I would do with it.

#1 No one would really know I won.
As I've always lived a mobile life it would be easy to say I got a new job wherever and disappear long enough to "hide the money" without suspicion.
To be honest though, anyone can use this excuse of a foreign job opprotunity as a stepping stone to subterfuge.

#2 I would set up a company to handle the money, all the money.
From overseas I'd work with a Lawyer or a team of individuals as an investor, not a lottery winner, but as an investor to create a trust, or other external entity to hold and dispurse the money.
Obviously me, and my descendants would have complete control over the authorization and then manage the companies (or delegate management) that are then acquired or created through this entity.

#3 I would be hired by this company.
My job would be seeking out creativity and developing talent in the companies and entities that are aquired by the lottery money shell.
Not only does this defeat the great barrier of "What the hell do I do with the money?" It also gives a perfect cover for "Where did the money come from?" and "What am I going to do every day?"
Everyone is suspicious that you suddenly have a fancy house and do all these awesome things. Well, you're not paying for it! Those are job perks I can abuse when I say "yeah I'm searching for talent and schmoozing them up." So every so often you can take your buddies out for a crazy time, but they know not to abuse it or the "sexy parties" go away forever.

EDIT:
Another huge perk to this is that you will introduce people in your life to opportunity indirectly. You can give them a leg up on a hot position in one of your companies but you never directly gave them anything. Therefore they don't have the opportunity to get greedy.
Maybe even better, you introduce them to things that inspire them to independantly change their own lives then can invest and enable success they made happen for them selves.
/edit

Later, if people get too comfortable sucking off your tit, you say "Dude, I just can't anymore. This is my JOB here" you now have a work-related and understandable excuse for shutting off the gravy train. Instead of everyone thinking your a rich dick who wont pay for their friends (oh and those friends would NEVER pay for your stuff.) anymore, your looking out for the future.

For all anyone who knows me knows or sees I got retarded lucky and was hired by a venture capital firm, or some reclusive foreign millionaire to seek out and develop talent for their conglomerate. (or whatever unique position you could make up a good excuse for)
No matter who you are or what background you come from there's something you do well.

That's your perfect cover and your perfect way to spend life.
What most people fail at in these situations is that they think what they like to do is what they are good at doing.
Liking to spend money and being good at it are two different things.

So if I ever won a big lotto I'd make my life better, help hundreds if not millions of people indirectly and no one would ever know (except for all of you because you are reading my plan) anything about the lotto. No bothersome loan requests, no terminated friendships, no hassle because I wont ever show up to get the money in person. My entity representative will. (if I have time to prepare I will claim it as the entity representitive of the forigen mystery person)
Hell even if I have to show up I'll be dressed like the grim-reaper and make everyone involved sign a non-disclosure agreement.

If you ever win the lotto, feel free to steal my idea.
Even better hire me as a managing partner and I'll guarantee your lotto life will be fufilling and as anonymous as it can be.

EDIT:
One of the best things about this is if you ever get tired of being "the rich guy" you can say you got fired and move back into a comfortable life.
Friends & Family getting greedy or hard to manage, then kaboom Dream life over and go back to siple things. When it all cools down move away on "another new job" and no one needs to be the wiser.

EDIT 2:
SOMEONE BUY ME IN FOR 5 Tickets!

This is amazing. I have people working on building me a business proposal pitch book at the moment to try to find people who won the lottery essentially to invest in a high risk but creative outlet they may not otherwise be able to be a part of with my business. Such a hard path but so rewarding when it comes through!

This is amazing. I have people working on building me a business proposal pitch book at the moment to try to find people who won the lottery essentially to invest in a high risk but creative outlet they may not otherwise be able to be a part of with my business. Such a hard path but so rewarding when it comes through!

You want any help, or someone to join the team, I'm all about going in some unique but well thought out directions.

I am playing right now in Germany in a lottery that works a little bit different. When you win you get 5.000 bucks every month for 30 years. This is something that I would like much much more than winning a lump sum of money. Also if you win this, you don´t have to hide it from everyone.

The people that I like the most are people who smoke and play lottery. 1 in 10 smokers get lung cancer, that won´t be me, but I´m playing the lottery where I have a chance of 1 to 1.000.000 I´m sure I will win!

I don't play the lottery because I don't find the thrill of maybe winning to be worth $1 or whatever the ticket cost is.

From a moral standpoint, I am definitely against gambling because it is a very destructive habit. You've got thousands of lives destroyed for every one success story, and those "successes" very often end in divorce, bankruptcy, and broken families as well. It's not my style to demand others to adopt my moral standards, so I'd just call them an idiot for wasting money and leave it at that.

My family and many of my other acquaintances are a different matter. If I hypothetically won the lottery, I expect my step-dad (the preacher) would pretty much refuse to associate with me or my family. He also would not accept any kind of donations for his church, which I would definitely want to give. I'm not sure how my current church would view it. I think I would just give anonymously in order to avoid the conversation.

There's inherent danger in gaining that much money that quickly. Very few can handle all the baggage that comes with it. I think 300 million that you earn by honest work probably feels more real; you value it more than a stack of bills just placed into your lap. This is also why rich people have to be careful about giving money to people. It can backfire so easily and do more harm than good.

tr1age Now it's a rant!

Hell yea I play the lottery! I spend what....5 bucks a week with the potential to win hundreds of millions? You'd be dumb NOT to. I spend 20x that on video games and there is 0% chance to win $0 dollars in that investment.

Why not!

For the record....I'd have to find season tickets some place a HELL of a lot warmer than Fenway!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a frequent day dream of mine. Last night I was laying in bed having difficulty sleeping, and one of the best ways for me to dream happily is to pretend I won the lottery. What would I do with this money? How would I handle the immediate backlash of beggars? How could I maximize the potential?

Right now Powerball is at $80,000,000. Taking the full $80M would be over a 30 year balloon payment, or you can take $51,000,000 cash now, which would then be taxed about 40%, so you'd be walking away with $30,000,000.

What would you do with $30M in your pocket tomorrow? I know I'd probably not tell a soul what I actually won, and just buy a house with Caroline and then travel / relax. Buy moderately nice cars, but not showy. Just great economical vehicles. Build a gaming den. Probably give my folks what they need to retire. I thought about expanding beyond that family wise, but it gets messy with how large my family is.

Maybe even get Caroline those damn ponies.

Probably fly all you fucks out for some kind of a shenanigans. A true TAB bash.

Top Bottom