What's new

Moody?

tr1age

Administrator
Staff member
w17fy.png

So people have been asking for more moods. Well we are open to suggestions but we ask you design them as well!

So if you have a mood and icon, feel free to create a mood, post it here, and we will add it!

Missions like this MAY OR MAY NOT attribute to Achievement's when the system goes live... *hint hint*

Dimensions: 100 X 26
Feel free to use this as a template:
White border with shadow:
fDxBN.png

Full Mood Icon in RED:
sJ0pi.png

(you can color shift the red easily.)

So I kinda suck at making stuff, stole some smilies from google and guessed at the borders n such. I see now I missed a couple things but oh wellz. :p Must haves!

6nunhs.png

2dl97v7.png

aRCly.png
<-- clear background
6nunhs.png

2dl97v7.png
<-- black background

NICE WORK! Text needs some tweaking so it is readable and you need to save them as PNG's with background turned off. Other than that you nailed it pretty good. As for the BORDER

Feel free to use this as a template:
White border with shadow:
fDxBN.png

Full Mood Icon in RED:
sJ0pi.png

(you can color shift the red easily.)

Also I have included the PSD http://alttabme.com/moods.psd

and some icons:

GC0L3.png

Mind you if you use the above icons to create moods, ONE will probably not unlock the achievement for you. :)

Ah thank you. :D Yeah I forgot to remove the black background and they need more stroke effects, made them in haste 'cause I needed to sleep. x.x What text did you use?

made them in haste 'cause I needed to sleep.

If you EVER think you will need to say something like this, don't release it haha. Just wait till you are happy. There is no rush. :)

As for font use any text you want just make it legible :)

I've been lazy about installing photoshop since I got a new laptop, but I might just have to now. /allthethings needs to be a mood!

Goofing around?!? Holy crap. Those are great, Kis!
Thanks Katie! It is addicting! I am playing with different styles but feel free to use whatever you like.

starry_zpsebe2dd95.png

BTW if you want to keep the font consistent just let me know what you are using and the point size. Thanks.

Added EVERYONE's moods. BTW I am not sure what the damn font is yet ARGG. Once I figure that out or one of you do we will need to redo these with the font. But it is easy once we figure it out so thinking caps on!

The closest I got was: OCR A Std

BTW Great work Kismet and Tulz these are great!

BTW Great work Kismet and Tulz these are great!

Thanks Tristan! I am a font fanatic, but I do think it can get a little crazy if there are a million different fonts being used. When working in such a small real estate area, readability and crispness are key. I will draft up some samples with various fonts and post them here for you to pick from... or maybe you have some of your own suggestions. Either way, most of my fonts are free and TrueType.

Thanks Tristan! I am a font fanatic, but I do think it can get a little crazy if there are a million different fonts being used. When working in such a small real estate area, readability and crispness are key. I will draft up some samples with various fonts and post them here for you to pick from... or maybe you have some of your own suggestions. Either way, most of my fonts are free and TrueType.

If we can figure out the font USED for the originals that would be best as they are crisp and small.

If we can figure out the font USED for the originals that would be best as they are crisp and small.

Oh so you guys didn't create the originals? I thought you had. If that is the case, you can probably email the folks at XenForo and see if they know the font. OR... we can just try to find something similar that meets those specs and redo them ourselves. I don't mind tackling that project. Gives me something to do when I can't sleep at night. :)

Oh so you guys didn't create the originals? I thought you had. If that is the case, you can probably email the folks at XenForo and see if they know the font. OR... we can just try to find something similar that meets those specs and redo them ourselves. I don't mind tackling that project. Gives me something to do when I can't sleep at night. :)

Xenforo did not create these. :) Will need to figure it out on our own. Also the Font I listed is damn close so try that out.

Tristan are you PC or Mac? I tried OCR A Std and it didn't look right on my system.

Here are a few samples of other possible fonts. On the mock up they are all 8pt with a 1pt stroke around them. The top word is the font I used in comparison to what is on the original. What do you and Katie think?

fontsamples_zps7e31be67.png

There was one other font I tried that was close called Antigone, here is that sample:

testmood_zpsf0b749af.png

And this is Antigone with some of my cleanup work, I colored in the white sections pixel by pixel.

testmood2_zpsdbddce96.png

explosive_zpsfb0865e8.png

loser_zps4e5392bc.png

zonked_zpsac5981ee.png

bozo_zpsde1ddc74.png

coffee_zpsf54bc204.png

On the icons above I used TxFntB10, 8pt, Bold, with a 1pt stroke and some have a bezel effect, satin overlay or drop shadow. I also was toying with gradients and pattern overlays for the background. I don't think this is too hard to read.

Top Bottom