What's new

Null and Void NonGrata's Application - Take Two... aaaand Action!

NonGrata

I'm old perhaps and have struggled to find a group that you claim to be for a long long time. Didn't know that a group like this existed anymore! So, yeah! Wholeheartedly, I'm filling this app out and willing to participate on forums AND discord,

What is your Name?

Michael
What is your Discord Name (name#1111) ?

NonGrata#3075

Old Fart Lvl. 40... not yet max lvl, obviously, but grinding it out one day at a time.

Illinois/Central

Yes I have.

- We are all adults and expect everyone to behave as such. - ( This is the best summation of a whole section of worthwhile statements.)

- Also... Zero Tolerance Policy
- There is a lot of great stuff here that would be ridiculous to quote in its entirety. (I hope that this is taken as a positive response vs. a lazy response. I can elaborate my strong, heartfelt opinion on this topic, if necessary.)
- Still, the whole 'Safe Zone'- specific graphic and statement is a quality section.

- Finally, "We are all here for the same reason: to play the game, in the game, with the mechanics it provides."
- No one forces me, nor would I ever force anyone else, to play a certain way at any time. While I might enjoy every (or only some) aspects of the game, I never want to be forced (nor would I force anyone else) to play a certain way or within a certain playstyle.

Yes, of course.

No, not yet.

BY THE POWER OF GOOGLE... inspired by a couple weeks beforehand while playing half-heartedly with no community to join worth speaking of.

Damn... the pressure. So, I'm old enough (and have been around long enough in the mmorpg scene) to remember what it was like to be a part of a guild when "community" was the GOAL, when people straight-up LOVED playing and, better yet, simply loved playing with others because it was FUN.

What was your first/favorite creative outlet?

Honestly, I originally dreamed of being a comic book artist. A ridiculous dream back then, long before the superhero movies became truly popular.

I started on the original NES, then SNES. After becoming a fan of FF3 (FFVI) on SNES, I naturally gravitated to PS for FFVII. Sony held my love and attention for a while, but I eventually moved on to PC and starting building my own computer setups early on. I still mainly play PC, sometimes mmos/mmorpgs (starting with FFIX, CoH, and then WoW, in fairly quick succession, then others ofc throughout the years since).

Right now, New World. However, my hope is to branch out and continue to play mmos with other CW members in the LONG run, whether it's a fun co-op shooter or mmorpg.

Almost always PvE as a healer, and I also consider myself a collector/achievement hunter.

Of course. Some good... some bad. In almost 20 years of mmorpgs, I've seen and have been a part of all types. Hardcore raiding types down to casual social types. These days, I know the difference and what to look out for. I know when the community in question shares a similar mindset and when it doesn't, and whether or not they are worth applying to/joining. (Hello!! :p)

Well, I'm not sure. If the CW community is what I hope it is, then friendship, loyalty, and helpfulness? Comradery? I can't promise true skills or knowledge. Certainly not publicity or prestige. If you want a friendly guy that will help in-game as much as possible, be it quests/dungeone/crafting/etc, , and is friendly on discord , etc, then I'm your guy.

This is awfully open-ended and somehow i can't thing of a single thing I'd like to share beyond what I've alreadty said across all of the previous questions. Sorry! I am, however, always willing to talk/answer specific questions if you all feel inclined to ask. :)

So this morning I hopped on the Crafting Worlds forums to check for any replies to the application I posted late last night. No responses at the time, but it's early yet, and so I took the time to reread my post. *Grrooooaaan* Well, that's a little embarrassing. While not terrible perhaps, it's still clear to me that I was a few drinks in and half asleep at the time. (I think I posted a little after midnight?) It would have been better had I waited until this morning, but I really was incredibly surprised and excited to have stumbled upon such a community. The "are you for real?" title was reference to that and how difficult it's been for me to find a group like this one.

Anyway, I really hate to double-post, and I hope that you'll forgive me, but I really would like to make a better impression if possible and it'd make me feel a lot better. Feel free to delete the original. lol

A P P L I C A T I O N:

What is your Name?

Michael (or Mike, if you prefer)
What is your Discord Name (name#1111) ?

NonGrata#3075

Old Fart lvl 40. (Okay, so maybe I can't really claim "old fart" status yet, but some days it certainly feels like it!)

Illinois / Central Time

I have indeed, and yes, I completely agree with the rules.

Within the Zero Tolerance/Safe Zone section, the very last part of the rules post, it said:
"We are all here for the same reason: to play the game, in the game, with the mechanics it provides. Not PvP on forums, discord chat, or other social media outlets. We take this very seriously. It is something that plagues the game world in particular. We aim to rise above it!" This is something that resonated with me, perhaps on deeper level than this statement was originally intended, because the anonymity of the internet has bred a kind of toxicity where people often take advantage of being able to say whatever they want (things they likely would never say in RL) without fear of consequence. These things can be awful and hurtful, and has become so commonplace that it's basically now "cool" to be a toxic a-hole troll. It's insane to me, and I miss the days of early mmorpgs when players were incredibly nice and helpful and just out to have fun. Thankfully, not everyone is like that and some communities can be truly wonderful, if far fewer and father between than ever before.

Yes, and I'm more than happy to be an active participant in the forums and on Discord as well as in-game!

Not yet, but I do hope to make long-lasting friendships here that will carry over into other games in the future!

Honestly, I'm embarrassed to admit that I don't remember how I stumbled onto this community last night lol, except simply (as my original application said): BY THE POWER OF GOOGLE! I know that I was trying very hard to find a great community to enjoy New World with and I've had no luck these past couple of weeks, until now.

Perhaps I touched on this slightly above, but I remember the early days of mmorpgs when players were all about having fun, making new friends from all over the globe, and building strong, helpful communities. I miss those times and that feeling of camaraderie. Crafting Worlds seems like that type of community - mature, non-toxic, helpful, safe, friendly, and fun. These days, most guilds are just looking to increase their numbers for selfish gain. Other players are merely means to an end, tools to get themselves through the game, rather than friends that they genuinely enjoy playing the game with and make the experience that much more pleasant and fun.

As a kid, I loved to draw. I suppose I had some talent, but I wasn't particularly gifted lol. My favorite stuff to draw, though, were comic book characters and, yes, as I said in my original application, I truly did want to be a comic book artist when I grew up, while other kids wanted to be cops, firemen, astronauts, and doctors. It's still fun to draw, but I rarely do. Somewhere along the line I simply lost the passion for it that I once had.

I started on the original NES with the likes of Mario Bros. and the Legend of Zelda. Moving on to SNES, I fell in love with FF3 (aka FFVI) and then RPGs in general. As far as PC gaming goes, I started pretty early with Duke Nukem and Wolfenstein 3D. When I was 18-19 yrs old, I built my first PC, but PC gaming really took hold of me in the very early 2000s with the start of the mmorpg era. I was addicted to be sure! Looking back, I do wish I had gotten into the pen & paper scene. No doubt I would have had a lot of fun with that, but unfortunately, I simply didn't have any friends that did that sort of thing.

Right now, I'm focused on playing New World, but fully open to the idea of joining Crafting Worlds as it migrates from mmorpg to mmorpg if I find myself a home here.

I almost always slip into the healing/support roles, primarily PvE-focused. PvP often stresses me out, and that playstyle tends to draw in the more toxic players, which I actively try to avoid. Honestly, I almost didn't get New World because it was so PvP-oriented. I do like the concept of fighting for and defending territories, etc, and will certainly participate in wars and invasions if I can, but my main focus will always be PvE. Also, I'm a bit of a completionist, hunting achievements, getting all the mounts/pets/collectibles, doing all the quests, maxing out reputations, and so on.

A great many of the years! Some good... some bad, unfortunately. As time has gone by, more bad than good. Great communities are much more difficult to find nowadays, as I've already beaten to death lol. The good ones, though, were certainly memorable and set the bar for what I hope to be a part of again. I used to take on leadership roles now and then, which can be a lot to handle! So I have great respect for those that are not only willing to take that responsibility on but also manage to do it well and successfully.

If the Crafting Worlds community is what it appears to be, then I hope to help promote and contribute to the environment and ideals that this community strives for, in any way I can. In-game, I'm typically very helpful and will drop what I'm doing to help others if it's within my ability to do so, whether it's providing heals for a dungeon, fighting a world boss, gathering mats, donating money, etc. I'm in no rush to reach max level and I can always get more money or mats, etc., and it's more important to me to pay it forward and set an example of kindness and helpfulness and hope that it rubs off on others lol.

I have a typical M-F day job working for the state government, so I'm usually active in-game, on Discord, and in the forums during the evenings and weekends. Other than that, I'm drawing a complete blank on what else to say lol. Hopefully, this new application is a better representation of myself as well as my interest in joining your community. Again, I apologize for posting twice! If there's anything else you would like to know about me, feel free to ask! I'll be keeping an eye on the forums!

E N D

I already love you :) APPROVED! You are as neurotic as me

I would go through everything but you applied TWICE and holy hell I can't quote it all! haha but both apps were good!
;)

just need to join discord so we can give you permissions.

Top Bottom