What's new

Nostalrius Begins: Vanilla WoW Server

So, I found a server called Dalaran-Wow that seems pretty well maintained. They're a WotLK server, and their Algalon realm is an 'eternal' progression realm. In order to do Heroics you have to have completed the normals. In order to do the raids you need to have completed the Heroics. And you have to progress through the raids in order.

Which sounds like some awesome fun, if anyone wants to join me. Dhar is my Tauren Warrior.

So, I found a server called Dalaran-Wow that seems pretty well maintained. They're a WotLK server, and their Algalon realm is an 'eternal' progression realm. In order to do Heroics you have to have completed the normals. In order to do the raids you need to have completed the Heroics. And you have to progress through the raids in order.

Which sounds like some awesome fun, if anyone wants to join me. Dhar is my Tauren Warrior.

WotLK was awesome. I did some work on a private server, but I couldn't progress past heroics due to not being able to find raids.

Is there increased loot drop or other buffs? That progression sounds like a pain if you can't clear early bosses in the next raid to gear for the final boss in the previous one.

WotLK was awesome. I did some work on a private server, but I couldn't progress past heroics due to not being able to find raids.

Is there increased loot drop or other buffs? That progression sounds like a pain if you can't clear early bosses in the next raid to gear for the final boss in the previous one.

Emblems are increased, I think.

Northrend 5 player Instances
  • Access restriction: There will be no restriction on accessing the Northrend instances, except: Trial of the Champion, The Forge of Souls, Pit of Saron and The Halls of Reflection. Only those players who meet the previous requirements (having progressed through the content prior to these instances), will be able to enter.

Raids
  • Access restriction: Each raid will require the previous tier raid's achievement on the same difficulty the player is trying to enter. For example, if you try to enter in Ulduar 10 player mode, you will need to have The Fall of Naxxramas (10 players) . Hence, the same goes to 25 player mode, you will need The Fall of Naxxramas (25 players) if you wish to enter into Ulduar 25 players.
  • Emblems: Bosses will always drop that raid's correspondent emblems for everyone. Example: Players get Emblems of Conquest upon killing any boss inside Ulduar, no matter what is the character's progression.
Emphasis mine.

I downloaded the client and fixed the realm list, but when it tries to update I get this error:

The file "A:\Programs\World of Warcraft 3.3.5a (no install)\WoW.exe" is read only and cannot be overwritten. Please try installing to a different location. (ConflictManager::DeleteFile)

Any ideas?[DOUBLEPOST=1438219025,1438218092][/DOUBLEPOST]I figured it out. I had to uncheck "read only" on all the file properties.

I'll make a pally named Keleynal. I want to tank once more!

It seems to stick close as possible to original WoW.

I guess that makes sense. That is like my love for old school ultima online. Gotta be like you remmeber it or it isn't as fun. but for me WoW was more about making films then playing. I mean me and Zakis had some epic 3 day 24/7 world pvp sessions but still it is different for me. Is the world pvp active?

Oh god the PvP adventures we went on. That is what began my unquenchable thirst for epic, unscripted, world PvP.

Wish I could get back into this but I don't really have time. Gaming is split between many games these days. Looking forward to another single game to suck us all in again. My guess would be Crowfall.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

It seems to stick close as possible to original WoW.

What Kel means is that it sticks as close as possible to 3.3.5a, which was the last, or one of the last, live patches before Cataclysm. And the guys running the show have promised that they'll never bring later xpacs in.

Keleynal you have to be a premium member in order to refer a friend, and I'm not going to spend money on it. I'll be online tomorrow sometime after 8am AEST if you're keep to run around. I'm actually ditching the warrior and doing something that isn't tanking. *gasp*

What Kel means is that it sticks as close as possible to 3.3.5a, which was the last, or one of the last, live patches before Cataclysm. And the guys running the show have promised that they'll never bring later xpacs in.

Keleynal you have to be a premium member in order to refer a friend, and I'm not going to spend money on it. I'll be online tomorrow sometime after 8am AEST if you're keep to run around. I'm actually ditching the warrior and doing something that isn't tanking. *gasp*

That's fine, just thought I'd mention.

I made a Belf pally named Keleynal on Algalon. It looks like I'm going to run into some of the same issues there as on other private servers. Prime play time for me is around 2-3am server time, so we'll see how far I get.

I just hit level 30 on a Paladin named Dawkinzzbutt. Again, we'll see how far anyone gets. I heard everyone plays Archage now.

I'll let you guys know when wildstar ftp is announced. Lots of really amazing changes. You should come try it again!

Top Bottom