What's new

Official TAB 2.0 Bug Thread

Simpwn

Praise the Sun!
Here you can post bugs you run across on the forums. Please follow this guideline to post:
[faq=18][/faq]

Items marked in blue are features and working as intended. Items marked in red are bugs. Items marked in green are bugs that have been resolved.

Bugs:
1. TBD

Resolved:
2. There is no longer a hover display on achievements. You use to see what the achievement was for and who has unlocked it. Known issue being looked into.

3. I'm subscribed as a premium member but it says to "Upgrade to Premium" (very top ribbon where it shows me logged in). On my account page it does say that I have Premium. Tested on IE/Chrome.

NIcEH4g.jpg

4. When updating your status in the 'New Profile Posts' section of the main forum page it will show you your updated status when you click submit. When you refresh the page though the status will not be seen anymore. The status still exists as shown in the 2nd screenshot. Tested on IE/Chrome.Clear cache to resolve.

Working as intended:
5. When clicking on the forum navigation tree to move up a forum level it redirects me back to the main forum page. For instance: If I click on 'Website Related' I'd expect to go back to the Website Related subforum. Instead I get redirected back to the main Forum page. Tested on IE/Chrome.

zQIp7r1.jpg

Last edited:
Can you split this into two threads: feedback and bugs. And when posting bugs can you please follow the guidelines laid out in the main post?

Also 1. Not a bug. Called parallax awesomeness.

2. Known issue was fixed on test site but not here. @kbambz prolly didn't migrate it yet.

3. Not sure I follow without some examples.

4. Bug.

4. Actually the way breadcrumbs work are exactly how they sound, if you pick one up, it goes away and you are closer to your destination. So let's say you click Website Related right now, it will bring you to that subforum. HOWEVER once in it, if you click it, it will remove it and bring you to the next in order.

http://alttabme.com/forum/index.php#website-related.114

4. Actually the way breadcrumbs work are exactly how they sound, if you pick one up, it goes away and you are closer to your destination. So let's say you click Website Related right now, it will bring you to that subforum. HOWEVER once in it, if you click it, it will remove it and bring you to the next in order.
I expected it to work like links to specific subforums. I've got Newegg here for an example.
w2Q6kP9.jpg

If I click from Home to Computer Hardware to Backup Devices & Media to Floppy Drives and then click on Computer Hardware i'll go directly to Computer Hardware. (http://www.newegg.com/Floppy-Drives/SubCategory/ID-13)
However when I do this here I am clicking from Forums to Website Related to Forum Post. When I click on the Website Related breadcrumb I'm going all the way back to Forums.

I created a new status, but now it's not showing on the New Profile Posts section.
Added as #5

I expected it to work like links to specific subforums. I've got Newegg here for an example.
w2Q6kP9.jpg

If I click from Home to Computer Hardware to Backup Devices & Media to Floppy Drives and then click on Computer Hardware i'll go directly to Computer Hardware. (http://www.newegg.com/Floppy-Drives/SubCategory/ID-13)
However when I do this here I am clicking from Forums to Website Related to Forum Post. When I click on the Website Related breadcrumb I'm going all the way back to Forums.

Added as #5

Ok that makes more sense. I see what you are saying. Will look into it. For now think of it as clicking the one to the right, brings you to the one to the left :p

#5 is not a bug. Clear your Cache.

Last edited:
Ok that makes more sense. I see what you are saying. Will look into it. For now think of it as clicking the one to the right, brings you to the one to the left :p

#5 is not a bug. Clear your Cache.
I cleared my cache and that seemed to pick up the latest statuses. I'll keep my eye on it though to see if it comes back.

3. I'm subscribed as a premium member but it says to "Upgrade to Premium" (very top ribbon where it shows me logged in). On my account page it does say that I have Premium. Tested on IE/Chrome.
NIcEH4g.jpg

Resolved

4. When clicking on the forum navigation tree to move up a forum level it redirects me back to the main forum page. For instance: If I click on 'Website Related' I'd expect to go back to the Website Related subforum. Instead I get redirected back to the main Forum page. Tested on IE/Chrome.

Ok I tested this out more. This is NOT a bug. What is happening is you are selecting a CATEGORY. A Category that is on the front page and no where else. So lets say you are in this thread and want to go back to the main forum you have to click the name of that forum which is actually: Website Feedback & Bugs, not Website Related. In the future we may be able to edit how that shows to make it more clear but as of now this is not actually a bug.

Ok I tested this out more. This is NOT a bug. What is happening is you are selecting a CATEGORY. A Category that is on the front page and no where else. So lets say you are in this thread and want to go back to the main forum you have to click the name of that forum which is actually: Website Feedback & Bugs, not Website Related. In the future we may be able to edit how that shows to make it more clear but as of now this is not actually a bug.
Updated the list. Changed #1 back to a bug and made the description a bit more clear. This is the issue @Crake was talking about in the other thread.

@Simpwn There is a Post New Article button at the bottom of the forum list and I removed the slider from forumview and changed the padding so the top button is much closer as well. Hopefully this is better!

On chrome mobile the menu thing doesn't shrink and it makes me super sad to look at all the time, plus for whatever reason my Tapatalk isn't loading topics at all so I can't use it to troll the site currently as a reprieve from the gigantic fucking menu thing. :( plz halp

On chrome mobile the menu thing doesn't shrink and it makes me super sad to look at all the time, plus for whatever reason my Tapatalk isn't loading topics at all so I can't use it to troll the site currently as a reprieve from the gigantic fucking menu thing. :( plz halp

Please give us screenshots to show, on both. Tapatalk works for me.

As you can see, some tabs in Tapatalk work to show the topics for me but then the threads won't open. Also some just don't display anything at all. In threads on my mobile browser you can see the menu and a black bar at the top, those never go away and take up a fair portion of the screen. When browsing the forum topics though you can see things on top of it though the menu bar is in a static position.

Last edited by a moderator:
The preferences page on Web/Chrome shows as a white font on white background. Kind of hard to read the text.
SSsgSJT.jpg
BGIUVL1.jpg

Last edited:
@dainjre (first off that is a bug, however, not until you can reproduce it)
[faq=18][/faq]
I would need you to reproduce the tapatalk issue on a second phone. Until then I suggest logging out, deleting the account on tapatalk, and relogging in and adding it again. Everything works great for me on tapatalk on iPhone which doesn't mean anything since we all know systems can differ but I do know I re-added the site a few times when debugging the site. OH BTW if you do get it working, you can like posts from the app now! :)

Now as for the banner on mobile. what size is your device? on the iPhone 6 Plus I get no scroll on the nav bar. And it is actually supposed to disable it on all mobile devices.

So let's narrow down why yours doesn't. Size of device, name, operating system version, etc.

I have:
Phone: Google Nexus 6
Screen size: 6"
Kernel: 3.10.40-geec2459
Build: LMY48I
Mobile chrome ver: 44.0.2403.133

Banner stays there regardless of if I hold my phone horizontal or vertical.

Oh, got my Tapatalk working. I had to delete then re-add. Thanks.

Top Bottom