What's new

Overwatch #Overwatch #BETA Invite GIVEAWAY!!! 3 Invites to give to 3 lucky #battlenet members!

tr1age

Administrator
Staff member
Overwatch.jpg

We are holding an Overwatch Beta Invite Giveaway. We have 3 invites to hand out!

Rules are simple: Post in this thread why you want to play Overwatch and promise to play your first game with the AltTabMe community! Who knows you may even like us and stick around!

Cannot be a current TAB member already.

The beta begins October 27th!

Winners randomly picked and announced throughout the entire first Beta Week and Weekend.

CRSwjyDUwAAy9-n.png

Official Announcement:
We’re aiming to accomplish two primary goals with our public beta test: First, get tons of top-notch feedback on the gameplay—including balance, feel, and fun—to help us make Overwatch the best team-based shooter on the planet. Second, we want to hammer the heck out of our tech, including stress-testing our server infrastructure and making sure the game runs great on the widest variety of systems possible.

To accomplish this, we’re dividing our beta participants into two different groups, each with different mission objectives and deployment schedules. The Closed Beta group will form the core of our testing crew. In addition, we’ll be conducting a number of Beta Test Weekends with wider groups of players when it’s time to break out the big guns.

AYUWUP0EYEU91444434576076.png
The Closed Beta will be composed of a small number of testers who will have regular access to our public beta test. Our goal for the Closed Beta is 100% gameplay feedback, and we’ll be encouraging participants to discuss and dissect every hero, map, ability, and other aspect of the game on our upcoming beta forums.

In order to get the most meaningful and constructive feedback possible, the total number of players in the Closed Beta will be extremely limited—though we’ll be adding more people from time to time to make sure we have the right number of heroes actively engaged.

The first phase of the Closed Beta will deploy on October 27 in our Americas and Europe gameplay regions, and players may be added gradually to start (with more being invited as new features are ready to test). During this time, we'll continue to make preparations for our Asia gameplay region, which is set to come online at a later date.
We'll provide more details—including an FAQ—once the Closed Beta begins.
HMSIYSC52IMS1444434775906.png

From time to time, we’ll also need to open up the floodgates and call upon an army to overwhelm our hardware. The goal: get as many heroes playing as we can, all helping us “stress test” our servers to ensure they can withstand the assault.

These larger-scale Beta Test Weekends will be brought online occasionally for a limited time, generally over a weekend, and will run concurrently with our ongoing Closed Beta test. Because Beta Test Weekends are primarily hardware- and tech-focused, the number of heroes, maps, and gameplay modes will be restricted—but feedback on everything will definitely be welcome.

Multiple different Beta Test Weekends will be assembled in various parts of the world. We have tons of would-be heroes signed up for the Overwatch beta, and we want to give as many as possible a chance to play during the testing period. The first Beta Test Weekend is currently slated for after BlizzCon—stay tuned for more information following the event and beta key.

A few more things: The Overwatch beta will be Windows-only, and you’ll need to have the Battle.net desktop appinstalled to play. If you’re selected to participate in either the Closed Beta or one of our Beta Test Weekends, you’ll receive an email with instructions shortly before you’re deployed. Read this article to make sure our transmissions won’t get filtered, and don’t forget to opt in if you haven’t already.

Last edited:
Chugga chugga chooo chooo!

Potential NSFW, while completely innocent... the hype train doesn't stop fo' nuttin!

o166iz5.gif

Because I really like the playstyle of overwatch, It was the first time blizzard put out fps game, in the past, all the game is TPS, So I really want to play this game. I promise I will play with the community, here is my battletag, ohmwolf#2353, let's enjoy the game together.

I've always been a huge fan of blizzard and they offer a huge varity of great games, but with overwatch coming out, i'm even more hyped than usual, because it's blizzard. I've been playing blizzard games since i was seven, and i'm 21 now. Blizzard had a huge impact on my life and i'm sure that Overwatch won't dissapoint me, and hopefully i will be able to give them feedback on what they can improve and discovering bug/glitches.

Goodluck to everyone, cheers :)

I really love Fastphase FPS, i am a tf2 since 2008 and sometimes till today i keep playing it. However, the game dont give proper tutorials to newer players so the f2p base is kind of bad. I want to see if blizzard did what Valve could not, bring a lot of new player toguether and achieve a proper teamplay. That's why i want to join now rather than when it comes to open beta.

Thank you guys, good luck for all of you!

I have been searching for a community for quite awhile now, however due to me always having 4-5 games on the list I could never find a place where they play multiple types of games. So lucky for me I found this place that has multiple games going on, and a huge interest in playing Overwatch as a team! I cant wait to play Overwatch, I was always heavily invested in games like TF2, L4D amongst others that were fun, lighthearted FPS that were fun and enjoyable for casuals so I could jump in by myself when my friends weren't around (L4D was a bit harder with pugs) while simultaneously providing in depth ways to strategise amongst teammates for us more hardcore gamers (not that i'm hardcore these days). I think its this strategy that i'm most excited for for Overwatch, the option to change heros on the fly, while also allowing us to stack as many of the same hero as we like in our team, opens up huge room for strategy.. I would love to get into the game early just to have the most amount of time to research all these options, while also getting in as much play time with a TAB party :D.

P.S. I would most definitely play the first game with you guys, and every game after that as we turn into an unstoppable TABidemic :D

I really want to play Overwatch because it's an new fresh idea in the FPS scene, We have had way to many cod/bf clones already + a wave of moba's Overwatch brings these 2 genre's together but in a totally new style it looks like it could finally bring some fresh air in these genre's.

As a FPS fan i can't wait to get acces as i have been looking for a new fun to play FPS for a long time. ad the same time ive been looking for a new community for a while so i plan to stick around here for a while to see whats up :) and ill to promise to play my first game with the AltTabMe community! If not Overwatch maby some other game :D

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I would appreciate a chance to contribute to this beta. If at the same time I can find some great guys to hang out with in voice chat that would be even better. I will of course play my first game with you and will see how that works out. :) In regards to why I want to play Overwatch I have high hopes for this game and look forward to trying out all the various heroes and develop strategies for the maps. Best of luck to everyone and keep on playing hard and have fun even harder.

Ohmywolf is the first randomly selected person. You will get an invite on the next wave if you PM your BNET email to me please.

I'd love to get into the Overwatch Beta! I've done some testing on previous Blizzard games and found it to be fun and the developers responsive. I have always loved playing games like UT, CoD, MoH, and TF2. To see Blizz making a step into this genre is exciting! One thing you can't argue with is that "Blizzard polish". When they make something they typically make something great. So to see a newcomer in the FPS is a fun thing, but to know that it's Blizzard...this could really be a game changer.

Top Bottom