What's new

Ranma 1/2

ToxicAsF

Over Analystical Extreme Gambler
There is always something about your first love. You'll always remember her and treasure her in a special way... I don't mean those bitches. The first anime that made you go WOW!

Ranma 1/2 was like that for me. I absolutely LOVED this series and, to this day, wait for a real conclusion to the series. I mean, seriously, this anime had fucking everything!

Wacky Martial Arts
Silly Humor
Amazing characters (and TONS of them!)
Gender Swapping and Animal Shaping
Great "love story"
Mild Fan Service

There is SO MUCH this anime offers. It may be a little dated, but everything in it is still enjoyable today. Also made by one of the most talented female mangaka in the business, Rumiko Takahashi (Who is responsible for Urusai Yatsura and Inu Yasha).

Have many of you seen it or read it?

Edit : Even updated my avatar to reflect the new subforums! Fucking love Ryoga. P-Chan is just an awesome addition <3

Ryoga is definitely the best character in the series. I've read all fhe manga. Loved it. And the manga comes to a conclusion, did you not read it?

Ryoga is definitely the best character in the series. I've read all fhe manga. Loved it. And the manga comes to a conclusion, did you not read it?
"Conclusion". It's still not really finished finished.

The wedding scene wasn't really a good finisher, because they didn't actually get married, and Ranma / everyone is still cursed. Granted, that's as close to being a finale without really being a finale, but it still didn't really "end" things.

Not everything can end as well as bakuman -brucecry- but I thought the ending fit with how the series went as a whole. One final troll in a troll series.

This is true.

And Bakuman... I'm excited to get into his next series. But we can discuss Bakuman in another thread haha.

I guess looking back, there is a fuck ton in Ranma that can be considered Troll-y. But I'm telling you, you can identify ANYONE you know into a Ranma character. It's an absolutely perfect blend of characters, especially when you start getting into all of the love triangles haha

This is true.

And Bakuman... I'm excited to get into his next series. But we can discuss Bakuman in another thread haha.

I guess looking back, there is a fuck ton in Ranma that can be considered Troll-y. But I'm telling you, you can identify ANYONE you know into a Ranma character. It's an absolutely perfect blend of characters, especially when you start getting into all of the love triangles haha
Also true. One year for expo my friends wanted to go as "the women of ranma." But it ended up falling through.

Also true. One year for expo my friends wanted to go as "the women of ranma." But it ended up falling through.
I've wanted to do a Ryoga for ages, and occasionally jump into a P-Chan outfit... But of course I'm too lazy to make any outfit. lol

I've wanted to do a Ryoga for ages, and occasionally jump into a P-Chan outfit... But of course I'm too lazy to make any outfit. lol
My friend does comissioned cosplay outfits that are top quality if you ever actually want one.

My friend does comissioned cosplay outfits that are top quality if you ever actually want one.
I will note this and discuss in the future. Heavily interested.

Now I just need to cosplay someone with my hair and beard that isn't Zangief.

I will note this and discuss in the future. Heavily interested.

Now I just need to cosplay someone with my hair and beard that isn't Zangief.
Shave a couple of bits in the middle and wolverine (MORRRRRRPPPHHHHHHH!). Um, wear a bald cap and master roshi. Uhhhh... there really needs to be more bearded anime characters.

Shave a couple of bits in the middle and wolverine (MORRRRRRPPPHHHHHHH!). Um, wear a bald cap and master roshi. Uhhhh... there really needs to be more bearded anime characters.
Exactly. lol there are usually side characters, but not major ones. (Beard detailing in an anime is hard and is usually too "old" for the shonen crowd)

Beards are manly and awesome. I bet Ryoga grew one when he grew up.

Like, that's the shit I always wonder with some of these older animes. "Where would they be now?"

I mean, I wanted a Ryoga x Ukyo combo for AGES. It just fits together perfectly.

Ranma + Akane
Ryoga + Ukyo
Mousse + Shampoo

But no, Shampoo had to love Ranma, Ryoga had to love Akane, and Ukyo had to love Ranma, and Ranma and Akane had to be super awkward for a decade. lol

IT ALL FIT

Oh, and don't forget...

Kuno + Nabiki
Doc + Kasumi
Happosai + Cologne

And Genma and Soun are destined to be together as bachelors, as they can never love another woman as much as they did their wives.

Upon Further inspection the hinted cannon pairings are in fact,

Ranma + Akane
Ryoga + Akari
Ukyo + Konatsu
Mousse + Shampoo
KONATSU, the cross dresser. I forgot about him. (Does kinda fit with Ukyo...)

I still say Ukyo and Ryoga would've been adorables.

That's some of the biggest accidental subtexts of the series, Akane Likes Girl Ranma alot more then she like Male Ranma.
Hmm... Well, the only real thing in early episodes to show she wasn't lesbian was her infatuation with the doctor. Everything else screamed lesbian lol

Top Bottom