What's new

Recomend me some...

Holy necro batman! In the end after much search I "settled" for a Corsair K70, Razer Nostromo which I absolutely LOVE and can't play without and a Razer Deathadder black edition. TBH can't get any better than that... unless I upgrade the Nostromo to an Orbweaver.

Yeah, this is an old one ;) but sometimes its better to raise the dead instead of posting the same thing again.
Pretty much the same topic, "Is this really a good mouse / keyboard?" for me.
Plus my biggest question is what kind of keyboard to use.

I really want to use a lighted keyboard this time around, but I'm so used to natural - ergonomic that I'd have trouble adjusting. Even now I can feel my fingers all cramped trying to type on this standard keyboard.
Anyone have any recommendations? I might go with a paddle style keyboard, but it needs to be cheap.

I’m going to keep this going, I’m surprised nobody have mentioned Zowie.

My only guess would be most people seem to use the MMO mult-button mice on here these days.
I know those are my go to mice for any kind of gaming. Even heard a great tip for FPS games, hotkey your weapons / melee / etc. to the thumb keys and you can switch weapons or attack style faster than the standard reload time and get those extra few seconds to kill.

I wanna know my heart rate during games would be a fun experiment. Specially in H1Z1 lol
You could use one of those pulse watches or whatever, that athletes use. There is a way you can put your heartrate on stream, don’t know how though. I only know because a DayZ streamer used to have it. It would be fun to see your heartrate in any game! When do you perform well, and when do you start to perform badly? Seeing information like heartrate could help you know yourself a bit more, I think it’s certainly a factor in all games. But yes, in survival games it would be extraordinary. Imagine the spike when you suddenly get attacked.

My only guess would be most people seem to use the MMO mult-button mice on here these days.
Yes, many people like multi button mice these days. I only used my Naga when I played MMOs, and when I played shooters or whatever I used the Zowie. 2 side-buttons are enough buttons for me in all games other than MMOs, nowadays I don’t feel any use at all for more buttons.

Anyone have any recommendations? I might go with a paddle style keyboard, but it needs to be cheap.
If you’re looking for a new keyboard, definitely buy a mechanical one. They might cost more, but it’s really worth it. Even if you just want to type on it, it doesn’t require as much force on the keys as old rubber domes. The thing with mechanical keyboards is that there’s multiple types of “switches”, all with different feel. Help on this is found here, it’s the best guide to mechanical keyboards that I’m aware of.
If you share room with someone, I’d highly recommend not buying Cherry Blue switches. Some people find it ‘soothing’ hearing a click each press, some find it extremely annoying. I liked it at first, then I started to greatly dislike it.

You said it had to be cheap, a mechanical keyboard is about $120 in Sweden, depending on brand. Which I think is fully acceptable price for a mechanical one, they are made to last longer and just feels better to work with. Otherwise, a good old HP standard keyboard also feels nice, and can be legally obtained for very cheap.

If you want me to mention some brands for mechanical keyboards; Corsair, Zowie, Qpad, Razer, Logitech, CM Storm, Steelseries, Das Keyboard, Ducky. Those are the big gaming brands I can think of. But Microsoft has mechanical keyboards too I think (don’t quote me on this), and those could be cheap. There’s many more brands, but you should stick with Cherry MX switches. They are the most used, and known to be good quality.

You said it had to be cheap,

Although I am a terribly cheap person when it comes to me, computers, booze & gifts get some big budgets in my life. So 60- $120 is considered cheap for this. The $200 ones are too much, no keyboard lasts that long.
The most important thing is that its a Natural - Ergonomic (the wavy spread out key style) because of the way my hands hit the straight keyboards bothers me.
Here's a picture of my love, sweet love. [bimg=Logitech Natural Wireless, its been discontinued for so long but it was everything to me. The receiver gave out before the keyboard did and there's no way to replace it. Pretty sure the keyboard is still somewhere at my parents house.]http://www.willhobbsdesign.com/sirwilliamwesley/images/portfolio-pic_illustration-logitech-keyboard.jpg[/bimg]

I do a lot of typing and my forum posts prove this...
So that extra room and angle make a good difference by the end of the day.

Had both of those, the Logitech one was ok... but felt too flimsy. Logitech seems to be moving out of the natural keyboard realm.
Those Microsoft ones are good, but have quite a limited lifespan.

What I'm thinking about next is the http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/p/sculpt-ergonomic-desktop
but I was hoping someone had a line on a natural style keyboard with lights. Plus I'm always wary of response time on wireless these days. Now that I have a viable ping again, that stuff matters.
Cant find any info on that for this keyboard.

Good news is they are available down to 79$ so won't be much of an investment and it should last at least 5 years. Most likely I'll get it, even if only for business.

Top Bottom