What's new

Approved Slackwise's App

Slackwise

Crafter
> What is your Name?
Adam

> What is your Discord Name (name#1111) ?
Slackwise#2471

> What is your Age?
35+

> Where are you from? (location/timezone)
Chicago(land), IL (CST)

> Have you read the rules? Do you agree to them? And which rule resonates best with you?
Yes. Mostly the rules against racism, sexual orientation, etc. I actively seek out to only engage with people who are *not* those types.

> Do you understand(written above) you must be active in order to maintain your membership status to the community?
Yes.

> Do you have any friends who are Members? If so, who?
A friend will be joining me soon. Not sure what username he'll be giving.

> How did you hear about the Crafting Worlds?
I google'd for listings of New World companies, and then tried to find one that explicitly stated they won't allow racists, sexists, and other hateful types. I have no energy for that noise.

> Why do you want to be a part of Crafting Worlds? (this is probably the most important one)
I'm looking for mature players that respect each other, but also, a company that understands that us adults have lives outside of games and can't devote tremendous time and effort to games alone.

> What was your first/favorite creative outlet? (optional)
Web design was my first really creative hobby in the 90s, before becoming a software engineer. Now most of my creativity is towards designing solutions as an engineer, whether at work or at home.

> What were your first gaming experiences? (Console, PC, pen & paper, board games etc.)
Super Mario Brothers 3 on the NES my aunt bought me back in 1980-something. Oregon Trail at school, and DOOM shareware at home on a 486DX.

> What games are you currently playing/looking to play with the Crafting Worlds community?
New World, but also, any other in the future. I'm personally playing various co-op games, or FPS games, on and off.

> What role do you find yourself falling into in games? (For example: PvP, PvE, Casual/Social, etc.)
A little bit of everything, but mostly casually, and then some serious PvP once I feel I've gotten my groove.

> Were you ever a part of a community? What was your experience?

I helped run a WoW guild and their forums, as well as was a raid leader in TBC and WotLK.

As far as non-gaming communities, I have moderated many software development communities since about 1998 on IRC, forums, and Discord, with my activities ranging from an administrator to a hands-on tutor / lecturer. I currently moderate a private "safe space" community of STEM interested / software developers and I'd happily invite anyone else that's interested to join us.

> What will you bring to the Crafting Worlds community? (Chatty? Skilled? Funny? Helping? Cookies!?)
I find myself to be driven to help others, so that's probably what I'm always eager to do. And you'll find I'm (way too) chatty, especially on Discord.

> Tell us about yourself or anything else you'd like to share. The more we know about your the better!
Well, aside from my various smaller interests, the only core hobby and thing-I-do that I strongly identify with, is that I've been programming since middle school, and have 23+ years of experience in software development, and 13+ professionally. I'm now a software architect and manager of software development. (Feel free to ask me questions, especially if you are starting out in the industry!)

As for games, I've been playing video games since I got my NES, and PC games since I got a 486DX with DOOM shareware. I've played FPS games extensively, with a large amount of experience in classic CS1.x, CS:Source, and Quake 3. I've played the vast majority of FPS games in existence, and one of the reasons New World interested me out of the pack of many MMOs coming out today, was that it was an action MMO, which involved aiming of bows and rifles.

My most recent hobby has been an interest in archery (which I'm starting again since I haven't shot since high school), and competitive pistol shooting, which I just started competing in IDPA (style). I'm also (semi-reluctantly?) becoming a 1911 gunsmith (at this point).

Web design was my first really creative hobby in the 90s
ME TOO!!

Oregon Trail at school
Have you seen the apple games remake? Kids get it good these days haha.

New World, but also, any other in the future.
See that is a good approach! Community over games.

then some serious PvP once I feel I've gotten my groove.
YES need more of us! :)

that it was an action MMO, which involved aiming of bows and rifles.
You going Musket? I like the bow a lot. But prone musket sniping is rather enjoyable for time off :p

1911 gunsmith (at this point).
I mean considering the cost of ammunition thanks the the pandemic, not a bad skill.

Very well thought out application and thanks for sharing!

APPROVED.

Have you seen the apple games remake? Kids get it good these days haha.
As long as they learn the struggles of not being able to carry back all the meat you shot/gathered, then we're all good.

You going Musket? I like the bow a lot. But prone musket sniping is rather enjoyable for time off :p
I plan to "main" Bow/Rapier so far, but honestly I want to play everything, and I'd love to heal secondarily. Wondering what they'll offer in terms of convenience to have multiple specs. The game is half open ended in that you can equip anything and go, but requires respec'ing if you want to toggle optimally between DPS and other roles.

I mean considering the cost of ammunition thanks the the pandemic, not a bad skill.
Well, I'm working on the gun itself; it's had so many parts replaced now, I've decided to call it "Theseus"....
Definitely avoiding making my own ammo though, especially since competitions don't want you using hand-loaded stuff anyway.

I plan to "main" Bow/Rapier so far, but honestly I want to play everything, and I'd love to heal secondarily. Wondering what they'll offer in terms of convenience to have multiple specs. The game is half open ended in that you can equip anything and go, but requires respec'ing if you want to toggle optimally between DPS and other roles.
Honestly because of the whole "1 character per server" I wish the price to respect wasn't so scaled as you get higher level. To 20 it is nothing but after that it SUCKSSSS.

Top Bottom