What's new

Wildstar Some interesting info on dungeons

In order to be able to switch things up, would you rather have a raid with 10 bosses available to kill every week, or 6 bosses available rotating among the 10?

Whatever. I'm just wondering if people are willing to give up some kills per week in order to get variety.

Well if people feel there aren't enough, that's going to be Carbine's problem. So I'm hoping they'll go above rather than below.

From what they've said, the dungeons are going to be extremely hard (as in Heroic by default), so I'd be willing to say as few as 4-5 is going to be enough for the vast majority of players.

From what they've said, the dungeons are going to be extremely hard (as in Heroic by default), so I'd be willing to say as few as 4-5 is going to be enough for the vast majority of players.

Kel was discussing raids. Which there has to be a decent amount of bosses for loot going to everyone.

Do we know if raid bosses will drop loot individualized for everyone?

Sent from Droid Razr Maxx HD via Tapatalk

I also think this particular question comes down to whether you're hardcore or not. Those that aren't are going to want to put in the least amount of work to reach the end and be on par with everyone else. Those that are hardcore are going to want there to be as many as possible in order to put distance between themselves and anyone who isn't as hardcore.

Sent from Droid Razr Maxx HD via Tapatalk
I haven't heard anything about raid looting.

I think the content would get old too fast if everyone got loot every time. Raids are endgame, so they are typically designed to be run ad nauseum in order to obtain all the rewards.

I also think this particular question comes down to whether you're hardcore or not. Those that aren't are going to want to put in the least amount of work to reach the end and be on par with everyone else. Those that are hardcore are going to want there to be as many as possible in order to put distance between themselves and anyone who isn't as hardcore.
I don't know about that. I think you could say 10 encounters with variables could be just as challening as 15 static encounters. It's not the number of kills that define hardcore, imo. It's the quality.

As much as they're trying to get raiding back to how it was in WoW.. I sure as hell hope not. Granted GW2 had no real end game but individualized loot still did fuck things up, you had absolutely nothing to worry about. Then of course if there IS individual looting, that means everyone will cry about how they got something useless for them but if you got something useful for yourself every time, you'd be decked out in no time. I'm really hoping that isn't the case for the longevity of the game as well as the raids.

I don't know about that. I think you could say 10 encounters with variables could be just as challening as 15 static encounters. It's not the number of kills that define hardcore, imo. It's the quality.

Yes but you miss my point. The casual players won't have the time to devote to it that the hardcore players will. That was really my only point. Casuals want to be where hardcore players are with the least amount of work.. IE: less bosses to worry about.

Kel was discussing raids. Which there has to be a decent amount of bosses for loot going to everyone.

Yep. My response was for as few as 5 rotating around 10 (or more) would likely be good due to the difficulty of the raiding dungeon (and thus, time spent in it). Not everyone gets loot in every raid anyhow.

Yep. My response was for as few as 5 rotating around 10 (or more) would likely be good due to the difficulty of the raiding dungeon (and thus, time spent in it). Not everyone gets loot in every raid anyhow.

That MAY be the case. I hope for more expansive raids with maybe even multiple paths to choose from. If one boss stomps your face, you could try another. You wouldn't clear the entire raid of course but you would have the option of getting some loot if a boss just hit too hard or you didn't have the right comp or skill levels, etc.. If the numbers of raid bosses are that low, I hope loot gets adjusted accordingly. Less per boss if there's a lot, a little more per boss if there isn't many of them.

That MAY be the case. I hope for more expansive raids with maybe even multiple paths to choose from. If one boss stomps your face, you could try another. You wouldn't clear the entire raid of course but you would have the option of getting some loot if a boss just hit too hard or you didn't have the right comp or skill levels, etc.. If the numbers of raid bosses are that low, I hope loot gets adjusted accordingly. Less per boss if there's a lot, a little more per boss if there isn't many of them.

I'm with you on that one. I have always liked the multi-branch dungeons. My biggest hope for dungeons is that they implement some sort of placeholder system so that you can turn in Piece X or a certain number of Piece Y to get the item you want. I have never been a fan of random loot table drops that may or may not have any use for the raid.

I just want options. My favorite progression push was during SSC & TK where we could hop to the other dungeon if we had hit a wall and just weren't making progress. I like to have that option rather than just calling a raid that isn't working.

As for loot, I hope they don't have tokens that are class specific, allowing a guild to get unlucky and have one or 2 classes totally pimped out including off spec sets while the others have jack shit.

I just want options. My favorite progression push was during SSC & TK where we could hop to the other dungeon if we had hit a wall and just weren't making progress. I like to have that option rather than just calling a raid that isn't working.

As for loot, I hope they don't have tokens that are class specific, allowing a guild to get unlucky and have one or 2 classes totally pimped out including off spec sets while the others have jack shit.

You mean you didn't like getting nothing but conq pieces?!

I prefer stability in the raid setup and mechanics. I want as many random factors out of the way so we can kill that thing. My vote is for more bosses the same each week.

I like the beating of the bosses and the loot. Don't care about the variety so much.

I prefer stability in the raid setup and mechanics. I want as many random factors out of the way so we can kill that thing. My vote is for more bosses the same each week.

I like the beating of the bosses and the loot. Don't care about the variety so much.

I can agree with that initially but once things go on farm, which they do if there's seriousness going into the raiding and being prepared, it gets old doing the same thing over and over.

that's what hard mode toggle is for imo. by the time hard mode is on farm new raids usually come out.

Top Bottom