What's new

MOBA Some of us have picked up Smite

I keep using WoW as an excuse.. debating which game I want to try to put some time into. Smite, Blacklight, Torchlight 2 or Team Fortress 2.

I keep using WoW as an excuse.. debating which game I want to try to put some time into. Smite, Blacklight, Torchlight 2 or Team Fortress 2.

People play Blacklight and Smite the most if that's more of what you're looking for.

All of those games are just good as time killers. Non take a lot of dedication :)

Streaming Smite for a bit so I can get the the Ymir Twitch skin, if anyone wanted to see what the game was all about, or watch me fail hard at MOBAs.

http://www.twitch.tv/nahku/

(the in-game streaming thing crashes the game a lot, so I'll restart stream periodically)

How is this compared to dota/lol?

I have a few friends that play dota/lol but they always bitch and curse about how most of the other players are stupid or whatnot and how they ruin the game, that they can't have fun playing because everyone else is a noob and so on and yet keep playing like they are in some kind of abusive relationship that they can't escape. Because of them I never touched booth of the games.

How is this compared to dota/lol?

I have a few friends that play dota/lol but they always bitch and curse about how most of the other players are stupid or whatnot and how they ruin the game, that they can't have fun playing because everyone else is a noob and so on and yet keep playing like they are in some kind of abusive relationship that they can't escape. Because of them I never touched booth of the games.
None of us are at cap, so we get a mix of good and bad people. But so far, the BM is pretty damn low in comparison.

It plays about 80% like a Moba, but since it is 3rd person you get way more into it. Lots of fun whether you play mobas or not.

Last couple days I've tried my hand at Dota2. I've downloaded smite, but have been too ashamed at how bad I am at MOBAs to play against anyone except bots.

None of us are at cap, so we get a mix of good and bad people. But so far, the BM is pretty damn low in comparison.

It plays about 80% like a Moba, but since it is 3rd person you get way more into it. Lots of fun whether you play mobas or not.

Hm I see sounds good. I shall try it out then and see for myself.[DOUBLEPOST=1376402729,1376402434][/DOUBLEPOST]
Last couple days I've tried my hand at Dota2. I've downloaded smite, but have been too ashamed at how bad I am at MOBAs to play against anyone except bots.

Heh I'm sure I will stick to bots for a time too:)

A lot of the skills you pick up in DOTA2 and LOL will transfer to Smite. It's all about knowing your character's abilities, limitations, item/skill build, and enemy abilities. That only really comes with playing the game over and over. There are practice rounds against NPCs that can help teach you as well.

The main difference is the view. This is in 3rd person, MMO style WASD controls. It is a much more fluid, skill shot oriented game.

A lot of the skills you pick up in DOTA2 and LOL will transfer to Smite. It's all about knowing your character's abilities, limitations, item/skill build, and enemy abilities. That only really comes with playing the game over and over. There are practice rounds against NPCs that can help teach you as well.

The main difference is the view. This is in 3rd person, MMO style WASD controls. It is a much more fluid, skill shot oriented game.

Just played one practice round and it's fun. But yeah it will take time with all the items and skills and so on.

Top Bottom