What's new

MOBA Some of us have picked up Smite

Too much frustration from randoms and too much criticism. For some reason unless you're 150% Perfect, you're the scum of the earth. Hate that mentality.

That's the exact reason I don't play MOBAs, FPSs and barely pvp unless I'm with my guild. Having random idiots tell me I suck all the time isn't a good time. And I perform poorly under that sort of pressure. It's dumb, I know, but true.

The only reason I picked it up is cause there is enough people here to play friendly games. Also smite plays more like an action game than a moba since its 3rd person and not top down. There is also different game modes like arena that is very non moba like.

It's free I'll give it a try.

The only reason I picked it up is cause there is enough people here to play friendly games. Also smite plays more like an action game than a moba since its 3rd person and not top down. There is also different game modes like arena that is very non moba like.

It's free I'll give it a try.

You missed out last night, we rocked a five man team in arenas/assault. We seem to do a lot better with Arenas. Myself, Team Tribble(Bel n Tribs), Tristan, and Nahku.

I saw you all in smite mumble when I got to work. Thought about popping in to listen, but I had work to do and you guys all finished not long after I saw you.

I picked this up and played with the TABbers over the weekend. It was a lot of fun. I really need to find a god I am comfortable using, some I am just really inept at.

I picked this up and played with the TABbers over the weekend. It was a lot of fun. I really need to find a god I am comfortable using, some I am just really inept at.

I've played for ~6 months, have a max-level account and my new account that I'm playing with fellow TAB peoples... I'm still absolutely terrible at many (majority?) of the gods.*ponylaugh:

You'll find a style that you like. I used to love support/tank, but that was because I played strictly Conquest gamemode since I find the gamplay a bit more strategic than the others. As a group, TAB seems to prefer Arena and Assault which is much more forgiving in general, so I'm completely having to relearn a lot of nuances of my favorite role and builds. It's been fun. :)

Also, one thing I love about the game is when they do a god release, they typically do a little "history lesson" and then explain the abilities afterwards. They're fun little videos to watch to possibly learn some lore/knowledge, and to help you understand what the gods can do.

Latest god, Hun Batz:

Fenrir tearing you up? Learn more about him!

List of all god reveals:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3ECFAD58A08BF6D0

(edit: oops this was supposed to be an edit of the above post.. oh well)

I played a Conquest game with Simpwn, and then an Area and Assault with the whole group. I had fun ever though I'm terribad at melee. I got stuck with Hun Batz in Assault and was completely worthless. I really need ranged characters for that.

I felt that I did well with Ra in Conquest. Got a lot of early kills, but had some trouble in the late game. My auto buying probly caught up with me.

Well, enough people have my number. This and Blacklight seem to be my go-to group games with [TAB] members at the moment, so people should buzz me if they're playing a game and I'm MIA on the site (as I may be prone to be in afternoons for a while).

played a little practice on smite last night. Liking it so far, even though I have almost no idea what I'm doing.

played a little practice on smite last night. Liking it so far, even though I have almost no idea what I'm doing.

I took some time just to go through almost all the items and read what they do, boosts and special stuff that they all give. The recommended items for a god can get you started (ie, knowing to build a tank, physical damage, or magical damage) but sticking to just those can hold you back, esp late game. It's good to be able to adjust your build to counter whatever you might be dealing with in the match. For example, the other evening Bel and I played an assault match where the whole other team were mages, so we grabbed a bunch of magic protection items. If you're going against a team with a lot of crowd control, there are purification beads which remove CC and items that reduce CC duration. There's basically items for just about everything, and many items that pair well with others.

Beyond knowing what to buy for your god, a lot of it is just playing a lot to get the hang of the mechanics and learn what all of the gods can do.

Playing assault (all random gods) is how Bel and I both found our favourite gods to play. I thought I was going to be more support-y, but it turns out I really love playing ranged physical damage. So, I can definitely recommend assault for helping you find a god that works well for you, and also for having a better idea of how to counter those gods when they're on an opposing team.

Top Bottom