Approved Sylver - application

sylver

Crafter
What is your Name?
Richard (IRL), Sylver or Sylveroth while in game

What is your Discord Name (name#1111) ?
sylver#1142

What is your Age?
(as long as you are kind, handle yourself with maturity, you are welcome! Just know many of us are old farts.)

Where are you from? (location/timezone)
France / CE(S)T

Have you read the rules? Do you agree to them? And which rule resonates best with you?
Yep. I was looking for a chill and inclusive mature community with strict selection of like-minded people with no drama policy, because we are here for a safe space where we can enjoy gaming together.
So it seems our values are aligned :)

Do you understand(written above) you must be active in order to maintain your membership status to the community?
Yes, obviously that's how you maintain an active community. I'll be there as much as I can and let you know of any busy time.

Do you have any friends who are Members? If so, who?
Nope, I didn't know you before, but I do sure hope to make some gaming friends here.

How did you hear about the Crafting Worlds?
You posted a video on reddit that resonated with me and I found the link to your discord in the description, I knew at that moment I found the community I wanted to play with.

Why do you want to be a part of Crafting Worlds? (this is probably the most important one)
As stated in previous answers, with the coming release of New World, I wanted to be able to enjoy it with a community I feel being a part of, sharing the same values and welcoming to old gamers with a casual agenda now.

What was your first/favorite creative outlet? (optional)
I started doing webdesign and 3D when I was in high school (before 2000) and kept designing since then, but shifted afterward professionally to software programming and system architecture.
I've done some photography too.

What were your first gaming experiences? (Console, PC, pen & paper, board games etc.)
I started a long time ago as a kid mostly on Nintendo consoles (gameboy, snes), immediately becoming a huge fan of the Zelda series and kept playing to any new title religiously since then.
I played on PC most of Blizzard franchises (warcraft, starcraft, diablo,...) ; also huge fan of the Myst titles, I love such immersive gaming experience sadly there's too few games like this.
I started MMOs with WoW from day 1 and was hooked to the genre since then, playing afterward Aion, SWTOR, and a bit of GW2.

What games are you currently playing/looking to play with the Crafting Worlds community?
Obviously New World
I probably will also give a new shot to GW2 if a few of you are there too, I know it's old but I didn't really play it when it was released and I was surprised it's still relevant today. I love the game mechanics and the exploration/puzzles, so I'll mostly chill and explore there probably if schedule allows me to.

What role do you find yourself falling into in games? (For example: PvP, PvE, Casual/Social, etc.)
I'm casual now, but I like crafting a lot, pushing skills to the limit and being able to support my community with it.
I probably like PvP more than PvE, but only if it's balanced and I'm able to enjoy it with teammates, playing fair (I don't see the point of camping or doing 5v1)
I usually choose paladin/offensive healer archetypes

Were you ever a part of a community? What was your experience?
During high school I created and managed an online role playing community around Tolkien's universe with dozens of people, that lasted a few years but some drama and everyone growing up to adulthood broke us down.
Back in the day in wow vanilla, everything needed to be build from the ground up, it was uncharted territory, so with a group of people met around a campfire in a low level zone, we decided to create our own guild to discover the content and adventures ahead together. That's actually what hooked me up, meeting strangers at a virtual campfire and building something out of it. We made it to MC, Onyxia, BWL and eventually successfully cleared them (long after top guilds, but we were happy to have made it by ourselves).
I quit wow at the beginning of WotLK, didn't have enough time anymore and was not enjoying the game as much as before. I didn't get involved in the management of a community since then.

What will you bring to the Crafting Worlds community? (Chatty? Skilled? Funny? Helping? Cookies!?)
My wit, wisdom and cheerfulness ! ;)
My taste for gathering and crafting will probably be useful to help the community.
I like to help and be involved as much as I can, I would like to get more involved in the community if you had me but realistically that will probably be difficult because life's really busy right now I can't promise anything yet.
My professional skills could also maybe be helpful for community tools if needed.
Oh, and for the cliché as a french guy: wine, cheese and a baguette, of course.

Tell us about yourself or anything else you'd like to share. The more we know about your the better!
On the personal side, I'm now a proud dad of a little boy of 15 months old. I took the time to make the leap, but I wouldn't go back for anything, he will obviously always be my priority over gaming.
On the professional side, as I said before I'm a passionate software programmer and system architect in web and open source for more than 20 years. After being an independent contractor to big companies I'm now CTO in startups since a few years now.
I'm a huge fan of sci-fi and heroic fantasy (wouldn't be here if not I suppose), and even being close to my 40s, I'm still a playful child inside who like to dream of fantasy worlds, and intend to keep it that way.

You posted a video on reddit that resonated with me and I found the link to your discord in the description, I knew at that moment I found the community I wanted to play with.
aww

France / CE(S)T
Whoa! Just so you know majority of our players are West or East coast US.

sharing the same values and welcoming to old gamers with a casual agenda now.
yup!

I probably will also give a new shot to GW2 if a few of you are there too, I know it's old but I didn't really play it when it was released and I was surprised it's still relevant today. I love the game mechanics and the exploration/puzzles, so I'll mostly chill and explore there probably if schedule allows me to.
It is a great game but too much google fu to understand in game for me. I like to stay in game. But I loved it while it was newer :)

I probably like PvP more than PvE,
This is good considering the PvE content of this game is minimal and the pvp is really fun if scaling returns!

baguette, of course.
Ok what's the deal with your baguettes? They shred mouths! SO HARD! :) This is not an innuendo lol

I love your whole application! So detailed and friendly! Welcome aboard!

APPROVED!

Hello @tr1age,

Thank you so much for having me 🙏

Whoa! Just so you know majority of our players are West or East coast US.
No problem, that fits my schedule and I'm used to play on NA servers.

It is a great game but too much google fu to understand in game for me. I like to stay in game. But I loved it while it was newer
Yeah, I feel you. Anyway I'm pretty sure I won't have the time and I prefer to focus on NW, but some exploration/jumping puzzles are always tempting to me 😅

Ok what's the deal with your baguettes? They shred mouths! SO HARD!
Haha, you need a solid training to be able to eat them 😂
Honestly I don't know why it became such a symbol outside of our country (and why so many people here buy one on a daily basis). We actually make a lot of different breads that are way better.

I love your whole application! So detailed and friendly! Welcome aboard!

Thanks ! I did my best to show my best self ;)

Top Bottom