What's new

TAB AMA TAB AMA - I am Joey (thecrakeisnotalie)

Crake

୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ Stronk
knIwDQ0.jpg

the crake is [not] a lie..

The time is finally here, the AMA you have all been waiting for. I thank you for your patience in holding in all your burning Crake related questions for so long. So, without further ado... I AM JOEY AMA

edit: someone changed the title, I sad

editedit: i fix

Not sure if you can talk about it, but what was your funniest nurse experience and what was your worst?

Is that beard a lie?
Does it look like a lie? The beard is the realest. As real as it comes. I sport a beard despite it being against the rulez at my job.

Not sure if you can talk about it, but what was your funniest nurse experience and what was your worst?
Funniest? That's tough. We use humor a lot in nursing, and funny moments ensue. Off the top of my head, a confused patient accused us of keeping him in a brothel, drugging, and raping him to our supervisor (who always has our back) and when he saw she wasn't buying it, he accused her (very loudly at 4AM) of trying to look at his penis. Her response, "aint nobody trying to look at your dick"
Worst as a nurse (vs. EMT which definitely had many "worst" moments that were much worse) was probably when a patient we had on our unit longer then I had been working there passed away. I saw him when he was still mobile when I first started to the end when he was a bloated shell pumped full of morphine just to keep him from being in constant pain. EMT stories are where its at though. Since you did not ask I will not include any.

How did you meet Mallory?
She is from my home town. I first met her through a mutual friend, though I was dating another girl at the time. Years later she was helping the same friend move in to his new apartment, which was also my current apartment, and I was single and we hit it off. I have too much swag to resist.

Why is Crake a lie?
Someone somewhere said it once and it just stuck. Plus I'm a really good liar.

How did you get interested in nursing as a career?

Initially in college I was planning on taking state trooper (police) exams or even looking into the FBI. I was doing some stuff as a volunteer firefighter and really enjoying emergency response. My roommate at the time (also a VF) hooked me up with a job as an ambulance dispatcher, which I used as a gateway to get my EMT. I worked for a number of ambulance companies over the years, and had to decide if I wanted to advance my career in EMS or move into the hospital (aka make way more money) and I chose money over passion. I did a 1 year accelerated nursing degree through Columbia University and through my clinicals I got a hookup which got me a job at Cornell Hospital working in Cardiothoracic Surgery.

tl;dr I don't like desk jobs

How many hours do you plan on investing into star wars battlefront with me?

Just as often as I explain that I'm not, in fact, a doctor contrary to my genitalia.
Reminds me of following story: A son and his dad are driving around. They have a accident and are coming to the hospital. When they arrive there the doctor says:"Oh no it´s my son!". How is this possible?

The doctor is his mother.

Will you do more impressions of your mom for me in Vegas? That's probably my favorite thing.

Reminds me of following story: A son and his dad are driving around. They have a accident and are coming to the hospital. When they arrive there the doctor says:"Oh no it´s my son!". How is this possible?

The doctor is his mother.

Bullshit!!!
they have a same sex domestic partnership. Woman doctors are a SIN! Says sao in da Bibel...

Erm.. Quesiton?
Per say you were forced into a desk job, which one?

Top Bottom