What's new

Wildstar TAB/LotD to Transfer to Entity

LaNCeRs

***UPON READING, PLEASE REPLY TO THIS THREAD SO THAT I CAN ACCOUNT FOR YOU, AND CHECK YOU OFF OF MY LIST.***

All,

As some of you know, there was a pretty heavy debate over the weekend that sprung a guild meeting before raid last night. I am going to save the reasons for why it was even on the table, since most people know, but the consensus is that LotD, which includes the TAB members, will be transferring to Entity this week.

There are some very apparent pro's and con's with the move, but this was basically a unanimous decision. From a second raid group perspective, it also should allow us to recruit from a wider pool to fill those last couple of bench spots. I never really knew this, but LotD has a pretty good reputation in the PvP side of things on this game. They have already seen a handful of recruits just from the PvPers being over there this weekend. Secondly, there has been discussion amongst the leaders from both IA and Nostalgia, and both of those guilds are also considering moving. While it sucks that we have yet another logistical hurdle to go through, it is best to beat these guilds to the punch, from a recruiting perspective alone, than to be the last one on the server. I think everyone can agree that at some point the roster boss was going to get serious on Warhound, given that there are truly only three major guilds still there.

FROM A LOGISTICAL PERSPECTIVE, WHAT THIS MEANS FOR YOU:

You cannot transfer if you are locked to a raid, which means that we need to transfer after the raids reset. If you are not locked, and have no plans on trying to get in to raid tonight, you are free to transfer now. I am not sure who is available to ginvite over there yet, so I will work on that tonight. If you are raid locked, I will ask you to wake up early on Tuesday to start your transfer so that we at least have the potential to raid on the fresh lock out. Most have said the transfer is instantaneous, but I would prefer us not to risk it come raid time.

Should you have any questions or concerns or want to be filled in on everything if you weren't there last night, please PM me.

(To keep the tradition alive) - Justin

Making the PvP to PvE switch?

Carbine really is sticking to their guns on not allowing the reverse huh. Hopefully this will bolster some of those bench numbers you guys need to allow for the second raid to occur!

Actually, there are transfers both ways now. From a numbers perspective, Entity is about 2-3x bigger than Warhound I have heard. Also, there are literally no Dominion on Warhound anymore. And by no dominion, I mean no raiding guild on the server, and none floating around in daily zones at all.

Actually, there are transfers both ways now. From a numbers perspective, Entity is about 2-3x bigger than Warhound I have heard. Also, there are literally no Dominion on Warhound anymore. And by no dominion, I mean no raiding guild on the server, and none floating around in daily zones at all.

Woooow. Crazy. Bummer too. Been reading a lot on the "status of WS" this morning and it seems the core players are still pleased with the game.

I mean, from a PvE perspective there is still months upon months of content. There are still problems with content for PvPers as well as for players who don't do any of the end game, but hopefully a more populated server will allow the coordination of those two things to be a lot easier, cross faction or even amongst individuals.[DOUBLEPOST=1419875338,1419875283][/DOUBLEPOST]More specifically, things such as war plots or arenas against same faction. Being really the only PvP oriented guild on that server should also help recruit a broader PvP community as well.

Its strange, but the pvp people who've transferred say that there is actually a lot of open world pvp on the pve server, although to me that doesnt make sense, with wildstar logic all is possible. I just feel kinda bad cause it'll all but kill the warhound server. All that being said, even though i don't want to transfer cause lazy, I'm ready to make the switch.

If people didn't care about Mass appeal and just enjoyed games for their own enjoyment like in the days of eq and UO where a server bolstered maybe 1000 people at peak times, games would have a better survival rate. But now everyone wants 592627929373 servers and a million pop. Kinda crazy. Wish expectations would be smaller and more interest in making content accessible to people.

If people didn't care about Mass appeal and just enjoyed games for their own enjoyment like in the days of eq and UO where a server bolstered maybe 1000 people at peak times, games would have a better survival rate. But now everyone wants 592627929373 servers and a million pop. Kinda crazy. Wish expectations would be smaller and more interest in making content accessible to people.

I completely agree with this. Unfortunately, WS did not want this from the get go with the 20/40 man raids. I think WS has a brilliant future if it can get past the 18 month mark still breathing. They are making some serious changes in the upcoming months to appeal more to the crowd that you describe.

Blame WoW for literally everything.

Sometimes I wonder what the MMO genre would be like if WoW never existed. Because as much as they have "evolved" the genre (for better or worse depending on the viewpoint), it's obvious that they have influenced just about every MMO that has come out since. I mean, think of how many games spawned because of it's existence to try to milk that cash cow. Then think of how many were created with the viewpoint "different from WoW". And then the branching games thereof.

Without WoW, would Wildstar have ever existed? And if it was still created, I wonder how it would have turned out differently.

If you believe in that sort of thing, there are infinite other parallel universes where WoW didnt come out and wildstar exists. I like to believe that because there would also be an infinite number of universes where I'm banging Emma Watson and Zoey Deshanel at the same time.

If you believe in that sort of thing, there are infinite other parallel universes where WoW didnt come out and wildstar exists. I like to believe that because there would also be an infinite number of universes where I'm banging Emma Watson and Zoey Deshanel at the same time.

Thats a fantastic dream team right there.

I agree though, one can't help but wonder what the MMO scape would look like right now without WoW's influences.

Making the PvP to PvE switch?

Carbine really is sticking to their guns on not allowing the reverse huh. Hopefully this will bolster some of those bench numbers you guys need to allow for the second raid to occur!

The real problem was that they enabled back and forth transfers after the damage had already been done. PvE servers got a huge pop boost and a ton of momentum. What they needed to do was just shut down the free transfers altogether.

Carbine is consistently just a little too slow on their decision-making.

/read

You probably won't see me transfer until after New Year. It's been busy at work and my family is still in town.

I completely agree with this. Unfortunately, WS did not want this from the get go with the 20/40 man raids. I think WS has a brilliant future if it can get past the 18 month mark still breathing. They are making some serious changes in the upcoming months to appeal more to the crowd that you describe.

<salt>
I blame Blizzard, the Vivendi iteration of it and their placating of the community who complains instead of the silent community who pays.

Lets face it Carbine did the majority of damage to their own game (bugs and problems are normal, but annoying) by listening to the 10% who wanted a server with no queue time and quit the moment they ran out of pre-paid time anyway.
They knew damn well the majority of those people would quit, so why give in and make the unneeded servers? Then they made it worse by adding server transfers to those caught in the "reccomended server" conundrum too late, then left them open forever. Even worse, only one way transfers for a couple months after Mega(stupid)servers.
</salt>

Anyway, back on topic: I plan to remain on Warhound PvP.

I might make an alt or something to be "part of the team" on Entity, but at the same time I really dont want to be a toxic presence.
It would be nice to stay in vent / teamspeak with the Tabbers, but I'm not sure how that would look from a LotD perspective.
After all, I wouldnt really be in the guild at that point.

Anyway if I did stay would anyone have objectoins if I try to keep the guild alive? It wouldnt be all that serious about PvP or PvE because of the population issue, and I'm sure most people would transfer after hitting 50, but a presence of some kind would help keep the idea of a PvP server alive.

Here's my Wildstar forum post:
https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/120486-impending-warhound-exodus-not-me/

I know Pik is unemployed currently so he should be able to get you guys in.

Cheese I don't see any issue with having either an alt in their guild on entity or staying on warhound. The problem I foresee is that I don't know how you would be able to obtain guild invite powers. They seem to be pretty strict on the people that are invited are to be talked to by Q. I would say it's something worth discussing with their leadership though!

<salt>
I blame Blizzard, the Vivendi iteration of it and their placating of the community who complains instead of the silent community who pays.

Lets face it Carbine did the majority of damage to their own game (bugs and problems are normal, but annoying) by listening to the 10% who wanted a server with no queue time and quit the moment they ran out of pre-paid time anyway.
They knew damn well the majority of those people would quit, so why give in and make the unneeded servers? Then they made it worse by adding server transfers to those caught in the "reccomended server" conundrum too late, then left them open forever. Even worse, only one way transfers for a couple months after Mega(stupid)servers.
</salt>

Anyway, back on topic: I plan to remain on Warhound PvP.

I might make an alt or something to be "part of the team" on Entity, but at the same time I really dont want to be a toxic presence.
It would be nice to stay in vent / teamspeak with the Tabbers, but I'm not sure how that would look from a LotD perspective.
After all, I wouldnt really be in the guild at that point.

Anyway if I did stay would anyone have objectoins if I try to keep the guild alive? It wouldnt be all that serious about PvP or PvE because of the population issue, and I'm sure most people would transfer after hitting 50, but a presence of some kind would help keep the idea of a PvP server alive.

Here's my Wildstar forum post:
https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/120486-impending-warhound-exodus-not-me/

I can't speak to how things are going to work out in WS, but as a fellow member of AltTabMe, let me assure you. You are in the guild.

I joined this group back when GW2 was on the decline. We stopped playing that and had a go at SimCity, which is still a little painful to think about. Then we started getting excited about WildStar. We played other games while we waited like Smite, World of Warcraft, and Call of Duty (I think it was a CoD. Some FPS or other). Once WS actually launched some of us, myself included, decided that we just didn't have the time or inclination for another MMO.

As you can see, I'm still here and very much a part of the guild. I think that's something that makes this community unique. There was no drama about me playing one game or another. We play together when we can and have this site as a common base of operations. We are friends first and foremost that happen to share some common interests.

I enjoyed talking with you on mumble the other night. I definitely hope that you stick with the community, regardless of the games or servers you decide to play. You're always welcome in the Smite or other random channel with me, and I'm sure that many others here fell the same way.

I apologize for the sappy rant, and I know that I don't speak for the community in any official capacity, but trust me on this. This place is special.

I can't speak to how things are going to work out in WS, but as a fellow member of AltTabMe, let me assure you. You are in the guild.

I joined this group back when GW2 was on the decline. We stopped playing that and had a go at SimCity, which is still a little painful to think about. Then we started getting excited about WildStar. We played other games while we waited like Smite, World of Warcraft, and Call of Duty (I think it was a CoD. Some FPS or other). Once WS actually launched some of us, myself included, decided that we just didn't have the time or inclination for another MMO.

As you can see, I'm still here and very much a part of the guild. I think that's something that makes this community unique. There was no drama about me playing one game or another. We play together when we can and have this site as a common base of operations. We are friends first and foremost that happen to share some common interests.

I enjoyed talking with you on mumble the other night. I definitely hope that you stick with the community, regardless of the games or servers you decide to play. You're always welcome in the Smite or other random channel with me, and I'm sure that many others here fell the same way.

I apologize for the sappy rant, and I know that I don't speak for the community in any official capacity, but trust me on this. This place is special.

I think he mean he wouldn't wouldn't be a part of LotD, not tab. I do appreciate the feelz in this post though

Top Bottom