What's new

The Grind - Wildstar I am Dissapoint

and hey wait I asked prior to running if we wanted to go for gold which means pick the best path for that. :)[DOUBLEPOST=1403102042,1403101960][/DOUBLEPOST]
clearly everything i say on here will be misinterpreted so i guess i am done here.

Don't be that way I wanna understand and debate with you!!! :) Seriously though I wanna know what you mean if I get it wrong.

Subtle, I've agreed with every point you've made. I came into it expected WoW 2.0 with updated features, combat, upscaled difficulty and I'm happy with the results. I was bored with GW2 because I hit end game and "finished", bored with FFXIV because I "finished", bored with every other online game because I "finished" it, and now I'm working on WS to do just that, "finish" it. The fact that it's time, gear, and effort gated doesn't bother me one bit, because I came into it knowing exactly what I will have to do.

On that same note, I'm doing a bunch of different things to restrain that "boredom" feeling that eventually comes with that. The fact that I have yet to sit in my chair, log on, and not know what to do? That means I'm still 100% enjoying the current content. and with new content coming in a couple weeks, that just means I'll have that much more content to either A. do once and never do again, or B. continually do and reap the benefits of my time commitment.

Tristan, you mentioned that "2014 MMO, Obama change" and all that. What you want for change isn't the same that others want for change. Many of us are happy with the changes that have come across. I will agree that some of the statements, even though you may not have intended them to belittle our opinions, they do.

Subtle, I've agreed with every point you've made. I came into it expected WoW 2.0 with updated features, combat, upscaled difficulty and I'm happy with the results. I was bored with GW2 because I hit end game and "finished", bored with FFXIV because I "finished", bored with every other online game because I "finished" it, and now I'm working on WS to do just that, "finish" it. The fact that it's time, gear, and effort gated doesn't bother me one bit, because I came into it knowing exactly what I will have to do.

On that same note, I'm doing a bunch of different things to restrain that "boredom" feeling that eventually comes with that. The fact that I have yet to sit in my chair, log on, and not know what to do? That means I'm still 100% enjoying the current content. and with new content coming in a couple weeks, that just means I'll have that much more content to either A. do once and never do again, or B. continually do and reap the benefits of my time commitment.

Tristan, you mentioned that "2014 MMO, Obama change" and all that. What you want for change isn't the same that others want for change. Many of us are happy with the changes that have come across. I will agree that some of the statements, even though you may not have intended them to belittle our opinions, they do.

I agree my needs may not be the same as others. That is why I post this shit in rants. I see that you are cool with the grind, and to be honest I am jealous. I want to be able to accept the game as is and just be content, but alas, I am not, this letting off steam in a rant. So take a step back as I am doing to accept that yes this may come off as "belittling, and realize I am ME, you KNOW ME, and I am NOT belittling, I am venting and expressing my points of view which are probably widely different than yours and I do it in a way that is voiced loudly and in your face. But remember I am always open to suggestions as to WHY I may be off base. The WHY is what I will humble for. I don't mind it actually I encourage it. If someone can show me WHY I am going about it wrong, I am HAPPY to embrace it. But just saying, "Your opinions make mine look like bullshit" really doesn't help me either.

Now just to be COMPLETELY CLEAR.... Anyone who has played with me in game can see I am ENJOYING my time playing. I am still ENJOYING the game. SO OBVIOUSLY this is a rant... and not a YOU MUST NOT PLAY WILDSTAR. But for me, enjoying the moment has never really been enough for my brain of non stop thoughts, and I see down the road where the gear grind to keep going will make me sad. And that is where the rant stems from, looking toward the future grind of the game.

I do forget at times that there are multiple ways to be successful in an MMO being pretty hardcore mentality so I look for the most efficient and learn it the best. So sometimes I need a reminder to do the "fun" path as well.

"Your opinions make mine look like bullshit" really doesn't help me either.

that's not what i intended to say, i am sorry if it came across that way. the issue i was having was that your language did not imply what you were saying was an opinion but a fact. when read this way your comments came across to me as if saying that those who enjoy the game for what it is, and disagree with you are just the hamsters doing the dance as you put it. for example those who think the game is mostly good with a few flaws could find statements like this "Why the fuck won't we as gamers wake up and refuse this kind of gameplay by developers? We are literally lining their pockets on our stupidity." hurtful as it seems the "gamers" that need to "wake up" are us, and i like to think i am awake.

that's not what i intended to say, i am sorry if it came across that way. the issue i was having was that your language did not imply what you were saying was an opinion but a fact. when read this way your comments came across to me as if saying that those who enjoy the game for what it is, and disagree with you are just the hamsters doing the dance as you put it. for example those who think the game is mostly good with a few flaws could find statements like this "Why the fuck won't we as gamers wake up and refuse this kind of gameplay by developers? We are literally lining their pockets on our stupidity." hurtful as it seems the "gamers" that need to "wake up" are us, and i like to think i am awake.
I stand by that though regardless of colorful language. I believe we as gamers need higher standards. But it doesn't mean it isn't a legit strategies. Look at any zynga game. Case and point people like the carrot on the stick and the grind. It is comfortable. It makes sense. But does it mean it is right?

You don;t like killing 1000 of each animal?
well, besides what Brigga said... I'm bored as fuck. That zone is such a shitshow. Im really having to force myself through it. I'm glad crake helped me power through most of it already. #40thedream.

well, besides what Brigga said... I'm bored as fuck. That zone is such a shitshow. Im really having to force myself through it. I'm glad crake helped me power through most of it already. #40thedream.
Yeah dude, I solo'd that whole shit so just imagine how that was. Completed all the quests too

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Oh speaking of, LF someone to carry me (more like power me) through the rest in like 3 hours. <3

Oh speaking of, LF someone to carry me (more like power me) through the rest in like 3 hours. <3
If I do my homework in time.

Also, I would love to comment on this thread as a whole, just to say, that, in fighting against the grind, you are fighting against the oldest and arguably most important (to survival, not society) portion of our brain. The issue, I think, with the grind, is that it is simply not engaging enough yet, and that the rewards are still too dis-associated from the effort, and just not damn rewarding enough (along the way). They haven't got it right yet, but I think there will be a very real grind in mmo's for as long as we remain un-enlightened. hahah. Just, when they finally get it right, you won't know that you're in it.
With that said, I feel like Wildstar is a wonderful and natural progression in the genre, and I'm having a great time (but thank god I finished leveling).

If I do my homework in time.

Also, I would love to comment on this thread as a whole, just to say, that, in fighting against the grind, you are fighting against the oldest and arguably most important (to survival, not society) portion of our brain.
This sounds interesting can you explain more what you are saying?

This sounds interesting can you explain more what you are saying?

I am referring to the basal ganglia, which includes probably the most profound component of the reward system, the Ventral Tegmented Area, along with a couple other fundamental structures for for mediating the reward system's effect on action, and controlling eye movement. The basal ganglia is present in all vertebrates, and is the foundation upon which the limbic system and neocortex were built.

Top Bottom