What's new

The Japan Request Line

Here's an easy one: loose leaf tea.

Some kind of locally grown tea from Japan would be amazing. Green preferred, but I'll take what you get.

Keleynal Thank you for the easy one MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
[bimg]http://i.imgur.com/MAqwknZ.jpg[/bimg]

Jiggyyo Well, this might work MISSION HALFCOMPLISHED?
I'm going to skip the filling as you can go to any store and stuff it with as many pillows as you need.
However, this might or might not be acceptable. The only cat ear options they had was this or a girl wearing a Ms. Claus suit & earmuffs who had the 4 ton titties that take 4 people to lift.
My only guess is that those pillows are not popular unless its the really creepy naked ones online, or they are for girls in the shop.
So, after trolling all of Akihabara for hours, it was this or nothing.
[bimg]http://i.imgur.com/tSBvoYT.jpg[/bimg]
[bimg]http://i.imgur.com/KCekvqw.jpg [/bimg]

Gyoin Sorry buddy, other than a 10 inch model you put together & paint yourself like a battleship.... nothing. MISSION FAILED

tr1age They did have a model but it was about $50. Considering the models sold out, this may be fair, but I bet you can find them easier in the US.
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=DMC11693&mode=retail
Plus that's a lot of money on something that needs to ride in my luggage. MISSION FAILED

Bottom line;
Akihabara is where you go when you know what your looking for, know where to go, and don't mind spending a ton of money for it.
Sometimes it would be fun to wander around through the shops, but most of it is touristy and overpriced in the major outlets now.
If I had a couple days, and better feet I could really explore, but after trip number two, that's it for Otakuland.
Also, it was a great place to practice my Chinese. So many Chinese people were there, SO many.

Most important question though: Did you visit the basement of the sex shops there? Also did you go into Super Potato?

#1 Not really interested. I see enough Japanese creepers every day.
Plus most of these Anime - Speciality shops smell like depression and armpit once you go out of the shiny tourist zone. Even at the bigger tourist shops once you hit the top two floors the whole environment (and smell) changes. Creepy people

#2 No I skipped the Potato, its cool but again, overpriced.
There's a great used shop not too far from my place where I can get pretty much everything, but as its a used center the selection changes a lot.

Thus, Akihabara is really only for people who live in that culture every day or know exactly what they want and are willing to part with any sum to get it.
I'm neither. Akihabara really isn't my thing, interesting, but not my thing. Now, maybe if I had a tour guide.

lol this is awesome. I want to visit Japan at least once before i die. Might go for the Olympics <_<

lol this is awesome. I want to visit Japan at least once before i die. Might go for the Olympics <_<

Depending on Vacation storage capacity with my new job I'm either going in 2017 or 2020. If I can store more than 2 weeks I'll wait for the Olympics, if not then I'm going once I hit max time saved.

Would be fun to have a couple cohorts for an adventure from the top of Japan to the bottom. Hokkaido to Kyuushu.
Best thing about vacationing in Japan is the Japan Rail Pass. You can ride any JR train, even Shinkansen, as many times as you want for 1 to 3 weeks for one set fee. It changes everything about vacationing in Japan. You'll be able to travel around and see places no Japanese person might never see.
If you're really adventurous you can even skip hotels with sleeper trains and bath houses you might never even notice.
I didn't for the most part.

You did a good job Cheese, consider this quest completed. You picked a fine specimen.
Its ok that you skipped the filling part, you bring up a very good point about it.
Oh, and we can discuss the payment method in private chat, yes?

They have to have some good Ghost in the Shell stuff no? or did everything get dwarfed by Titan in Japan? I would love a nice Motoko figure for my new computer desk. Id obviously paypal you for it or whatever. if all else fails I would love some tea as well oddly enough. Been getting into tea lately.

I'll get out for some searching tonight, maybe tomorrow.
Depends on how my packing and potential sale of my household riff-raff goes today.

EDIT:
Had a crappy day. Details & Bitching are hidden in the spoiler...
The person who said that they would buy my computer today flaked out.
The person who said they would buy my washer, fridge, and other appliances never showed and wont answer.
The person who wanted to come over and take the leftovers, didn't.

One person did come and was a really interesting person, talked a while then she took a bunch of stuff.
Still she couldn't take a lot because she had to go home by train.
That was disappointing, however it was worth it to meet her. Wishing her the best in Japan.

The delivery service that was supposed to take my luggage to the airport called today to say they can't guarantee my stuff will get to the airport in time for my flight, so... I have to lug 3, 70 pound bags + my 2 carry-ons with me...
Luckily I live really close to the station.
Luckily I live a recycle shop near me so I don't have to pay stupid fines to get rid of my big junk.
Luckily I can break down the computer and take the most expensive parts with me.

Unluckily I'll take a big hit financially.
Plus I wasted a day at home waiting for ghosts instead of shopping for fun stuff or doing something.
I can only imagine how crazy people trying to leave Japan must get if they don't speak Japanese.
Then again, its a good thing I didn't go shopping. Money is thinner than expected.

That's my bitching for today.

With that bitching out of the way, the Japan Request line is officially over.
Zakis Tea is ok, but food takes up too much space... I'm cancelling the green Kit-Kats... sorry -brucecry-

If I get really lucky and someone pops outta nowhere to buy my stuff I'll make a quick trip to the shop that has little tiny cool stuff and grab whatever I can, but most likely not.

Now, if you didn't get to make a request don't feel left out. There is something special in the works that everyone can participate in and will help the Alt Tab Me site in the process.
~Keep your eyes open for something really special after I get back to the US~

Bitching UPDATE:
Well after some heavenly bitching, someone up there heard me and the guy finally showed up.
I guess he had a lot of trouble getting a vechicle. Fridge, Shelves, Washer, Cooker gone.
Got rid of some stuff that he will likely pass on to the next guy for free. Whooo~

Oh jeez. I didn't realize you took the first request seriously haha. I didn't see you reply. It's all good.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I also want a Major Kusanagi of my very own, but alas I cant find even one. Well, at a reasonable price where I'm not terrified it'll break in transit.
Now, if I find two tomorrow. Huzzah for us both!
Otherwise Kampai~ for some green tea

I also want a Major Kusanagi of my very own, but alas I cant find even one. Well, at a reasonable price where I'm not terrified it'll break in transit.
Now, if I find two tomorrow. Huzzah for us both!
Otherwise Kampai~ for some green tea

Yus!

I searched that store up and down, we are both SOL... no figures, or anything of her.
I even asked my Japanese friend who is really into anime all through college and worships Pokemon to this day, he had never even heard of Ghost in the Shell...
Apparently its not much of a hit here. Go figure.
Same holds true for Gurren Lagan though...

But, you got some sexy tea. Same brand as I bought before, so it's official
Zakis MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
[bimg]http://i.imgur.com/MAqwknZ.jpg[/bimg]

Wow that is odd. I know a bunch of people here that really enjoy Ghost. Thanks for trying and I appreciate the tea!

Just a reminder for anyone who made a request give me a private message with your address.
~It's Shipping time~

Top Bottom