What's new

TV Series The most honest 3 minutes of TV from "The Newsroom"

tr1age

Administrator
Staff member

I just finished watching this series and MY GOD...

Let me just start by SCREAMING on the top of the roof, THE NEWSROOM an HBO series, is by far one of the most compelling and accurate assessments of America TODAY. If it was actually the news we had on TV I would have cable TV a 90000" TV pinned to every wall and I would be glued infront of it every day. If you do NOT watch this show you are doing your country an injustice. If you do NOT watch this show you are not understanding what real life is. This show is just unbelievably good and in a country in the state it is in, could not be more amazing to watch, because fiction gets us through the tough times of non fiction that is out lives. But hopefully it bleeds over a bit and we maybe get an ounce of it for the world we live in today.

That's from The Newsroom. Its a show that was on HBO last year and is renewed for at least this year. This is the start of the first episode.

THIS WAS MY FAVORITE SHOW LAST YEAR.
Go watch the whole season they are all this good. Even better than walking dead and game of thrones last year.

Each episode is smart and intriguing. It got me invested and caring about the characters. There is drama and humanity and people fucking up. Aaron Sorkin is the creator and writer who has also done "the west wing", "studio 60", "sports night", "a few good men", "the social network" to name a few.

I'm gonna go rewatch the whole season now.

I'll check it out.

Now, for goodness sake, go watch The Wire, Tristan.
The only thing you'll regret is NOT having watched it before.

The wire, though totally different from the newsroom is in my top 3 of best shows ever produced. Another HBO gem. there were 5 seasons and some are better than others, but holy crap great series.

The wire, though totally different from the newsroom is in my top 3 of best shows ever produced. Another HBO gem. there were 5 seasons and some are better than others, but holy crap great series.
It's this part of Tristan's OP that made me think of The Wire:
an HBO series, is by far one of the most compelling and accurate assessments
The Wire is an inevitable "must see" if you want to know what good television is. I know "fans" will always speak highly of their favorite shows, but this one is so good it puts other shows (of its genre) to shame.

So holy crap, I just learned that the koch brothers are real and they are worth about 34 billion dollars each.

So holy crap, I just learned that the koch brothers are real and they are worth about 34 billion dollars each.
Yeah, absolutely. Charles and David. They're not as deeply conservative as you'd expect - I think they're pro-choice and fairly liberal on some other social issues - but they're staunchly business-oriented, and they funneled massive amounts of funds into SuperPACs in support of Republicans this past election cycle.

I think all the stuff in The Newsroom is dramatizations of actual news, albeit Sorkin-ized and delayed by six months.

I posted that speech to my facebook wall earlier this week when I saw you guys chatting about the show. It is amazing. There are no words! One of the best shows I have ever seen.

Newsroom season 2 SPOILERS in this hbo first look. They aren't crazy spoilers, but it does talk about plot points for the season. Don't watch if you want to be surprised.

Love this show, although I don't think that was the best moment of the show although a great one for sure. Now I have to re-watch the whole show and post the gems here.

I really liked the episode about how republicans are trying to prevent poor people to vote, had quite a few feels too... Or the episode where Will eats a pot brownie. Great show.

Can't stand Maggie with her typical relationship conundrum though.

MOTHA FUCKIN NEWSROOM IS BACK!

Season 2 is gonna be more of one long continuous story with the single episode big stories woven in so episode one is really setting up the season. But, damn I am happy! It was the best thing on tv last year. Hands down.

Ya that is the opener for the whole series. I can't stress how much I loved season 1.

Top Bottom