What's new

New Feature The new and improved LIKE system

tr1age

Administrator
Staff member
Posts interface:

Hover over anywhere on a post and the ratings bar will subtly fade into view (always visible on mobile devices) helping to reduce UI clutter:

-2gp.gif

Ratings list becomes more concise by hiding removing the rating names when a large variety of ratings have been applied to a post:

b-bg.png

If a post does not already have ratings no solid bar is displayed until it has been rated, to further promote a clean interface:

v5xw.png

Both forward and backwards compatible with XenForo's built in likes - legacy posts will have Like ratings displayed (by default) and new Like ratings are passed back to XenForo to handle as actual likes (again by default):
lbrm.png

'List' links to overlay displaying who has rated the post:
29up.png

This list can easily scale to large numbers of ratings on a single post without breaking the clean design:
-esq.png

If you wish you can choose to have messages with more than x negative ratings 'soft hidden'. A user does not need any special permissions in order to use 'Show message'; it is a purely cosmetic effect.
a-be.png

total ratings received display on:
9iu4.png

Find interesting ways of using the ratings system, for example mini polls in the middle of threads:

yuqd.png

Members interface:

Member card integration showing total positive/neutral/negative ratings received by the user:

oi1q.png

Profile page integration listing the total number of each type of rating both given and received, as well as total positive/neutral/negative received:
q23y.png

Members list integration:

av48.png

Online list integration:

9wwf.png

Visitor panel integration:

-ex4.png

Replacement for Likes You've Received page:

v2eb.png

As well as extra Ratings You've Given page:

a5ow.png

As someone who just finished watching My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute (Ore no Imōto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai), I support this post.

Wow this is just so awesome! I cannot believe how professional, intricate, SUPER COOL, etc. all of these enhancements are. I am so happy to be a part of this stellar community. KUDOS KUDOS KUDOS!

Oh my god! Now every post looks like it fell into a bowl of Lucky Charms!
No idea why I'm so excited, but I love it!

This posts title is misleading. Its not a new and improved like system. Its a like system that got addicted to crack.

I figured this is the place to post my absolutely ridiculous and near-damn-impossible-to-implement request... but here it goes anyway.

So... I am reading through Zombie Apocalypse right? Which I'm really enjoying as a spectator, BUT, I find I want to support, comment, berate, etc. the characters without typing something even in ((OOC)) because I feel it is intrusive. And well, I feel the current 'like system' wasn't intended for that purpose, but somehow I'd like it to be?

I could see icons for things like "Boo!", "Cheer!", "Awesome", "Applause", etc. that could be used to help drive and motivate the participants? I hope I'm expressing this idea clearly... but basically, outside of PM'ing people constantly, and wanting to share my spectator feedback with other spectators (of which I have no idea who else is reading along out there), I thought this could be a fun way to do that.

Or maybe my suggestion will spawn another, better system, to put in place for things like this. Maybe a set of RP icons that are only used for that purpose? Doubt that's possible... probably a coding nightmare for Katie.

Anyway... keep on keepin' on.
<3 Kizzy

Actually i love that idea Kis and you have shown excellent taste in icons lately put together a set and we will go from there! We wanted to improve the choices and icons anyway!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kismet as far as I know is looking into re hauling our icons for this. She might like this one! ;)

Top Bottom