What's new

TO Buy or NOT to Buy? That is the question...

GET THESE NOW
http://www.dealzon.com/buy/sennheiser-hd-518-headphones?drc=teksyndicate

These are the ones I have and I paid 120 bucks for them. They are reduced down to 60. If you don´t get these, I will have to change my relationship status with you to "It´s complicated"

Just to be clear these are open ear, so sound leaks out(in case wife will hate that, it isn't that loud), and the bass is going to be lacking because it has a bad mid low range. But it has good sound for what it is, best in price class. DEPENDING on if you like crystal clear music and accurate sound over, a more game like environment. Both are super relative, so it is up to you.

Just to be clear these are open ear, so sound leaks out(in case wife will hate that, it isn't that loud), and the bass is going to be lacking because it has a bad mid low range. But it has good sound for what it is, best in price class. DEPENDING on if you like crystal clear music and accurate sound over, a more game like environment. Both are super relative, so it is up to you.

I own these, and unless I turn them up full (so loud, my ears hurt) people around me don´t hear it. So even them being open, the sound leakage is minimal. I do agree on the bass, doesn´t matter to me, I´m mainly listening to Classical music.

I own these, and unless I turn them up full (so loud, my ears hurt) people around me don´t hear it. So even them being open, the sound leakage is minimal. I do agree on the bass, doesn´t matter to me, I´m mainly listening to Classical music.

Glad to know someone else agrees with everything I just said :) Easier for Cheese to decide then.

Final verdict: NOT TO BUY
(at least not yet)

I settled on the Logitech H600 headset
Was only $36 and I listen to the radio, headset is only for Mumble / skype,
so that's all I need. All the super audiophile stuff would be for someone who uses the headset for all sounds.
In other words, not me.

Reversal!
Just bought them because they kept taunting me every time I went grocery shopping and no one else bought them.
I mean someday I'll need some really good headphones and this way I can use my optical audio & blue ray player to the max.
Now I just need a girlfriend who hates me gaming late, a game to play, and time to stay up late.

'Murica!

The main reason behind this reversal:
Logitech is great for mumble and skype, absolutely love hands-free up & moving around.
However they are NOT Comfortable on my big head.
The turtle beach PX4 fits wonderfully and will be completely acceptable for long term gaming sessions.
That part was a risk but in the end everything worked out. I have two headsets, one for each purpose and it cost me less than one of any other recommended headset.

Top Bottom