What's new

War feedback

While riddles are fun, I don't think the current format makes for a very good mission. The delay between an answer being given and being confirmed correct/new poster putting up a new riddle really drags out the thread and makes it a crapshoot whether you check the forum during the brief window you can respond (with one or two exceptions the response window has typically been less than half an hour). Also in this day of google I don't think you can actually stump anyone. A better format might have been to just have everyone post their favorite riddle.

Yeah this became obvious pretty quickly after posting this. The better way would have been to post a riddle with your answer in case you got it right. Anyway when we have this coded that won't be a problem because right answers will register without manual acceptance.

I think calling it "The War" is more interesting than "The Challenge" or "The Non-Violent Random Conflict."

Searching through synonyms on thesaurus.com, "The Encounter" sounds exciting, but maybe for the wrong reasons. "Significant Contact," ditto.

How about "The Fray" or "The Clash"?

I think calling it "The War" is more interesting than "The Challenge" or "The Non-Violent Random Conflict."

Searching through synonyms on thesaurus.com, "The Encounter" sounds exciting, but maybe for the wrong reasons. "Significant Contact," ditto.

How about "The Fray" or "The Clash"?

We are sticking to the war. You will see why :)

The design is completely up in the air at the moment here is the description I am working on right now:

This is absolutely one of the most stunning designs I have ever seen and 100% the style I want the site to be designed to look like!
http://www.designbynocturn.com/identity/ego-alterego.html This is one of the coolest designs I've seen in a long time.
http://ego-alterego.com/
The reds and vectors of this image specifically logo aside, is truly spectacular and right there with our design goals.
ego-alterego_com-daily-updated-art-design-blog-illustrations-logo-design-by-alex-tass.jpg

Breakdown:
The idea here is that we have achievements, forum wars with teams, news about games, places for people to rant. It is a community that runs itself. Gamers/non gamers/ dreamers.
Design:
To have that magical feel like the vector dragons with castles and clouds and just the overall feel would be amazing and right in line with what we are going for. Almost designing an over view of a giant map in which this fantasy world is from would be a great start. We would be using it for territory control.
We wouldn't want it to just be dragons or fantasy we want it to be a combination of fantasy meets, WWII, meets 2080 aliens. The idea is that we have a lot of different things we enjoy but it is mostly in a playful way. A place to be yourself but with us playing games and having the common bond.
I.E. The old war page we had looked like this: http://www.alttab.me/war.php

Little soldiers skydiving. Guys with little helmets and guns.
To mix those genres would be the ultimate awesome. =)
I think the best description would be "a Dragon riding a horse with a lance attacking a tank."(copyright Belial) It should have a playful feel, like little soldiers with over-sized helmets covering their faces kinda thing, but in your awesome vector style! :)
url

Just some first mock ups

0CYqu.jpg

zVCkk.png

So this is the visual style we are going for. More to come soon!

Top Bottom