What's new

Wedding Planning!

Exittus

Fairy Princess
Not really sure where to post this, so I think all the things works. Haha

I just wanted to tell SOMEONE how excited I am! Typhor's not exactly on the wedding planning train yet (mostly because it's still like so fucking far away). Also, I get the feeling he's mostly going to let me do my thang, and will chime in on like food...and cake...and budget. And that's kind of it.

Soooo yeah I don't really have anyone to really share in my excitement. But basically, what has me SO excited is that I found an AWESOME potential venue. Of course we will go check it out in person, and get a tour set up, but from my extensive research (which was getting me really disheartened and overwhelmed because shit are things expensive), this place has everything I imagined AND it's very affordable. The reviews are great. The venue is super customizable. And on top of it, WE DON'T HAVE TO USE THEIR RESTAURANT TO CATER!!!! Which means, we could save lots of money on food.

I can't tell you what a weight off my shoulders that is. I only just now started to really get into the planning phase (wedding is 2 years away so I've got time), but the idea of finding a venue was like...the biggest worry for me. What if it isn't perfect? What if it doesn't have everything I want and/or need? What if there's nothing affordable AND nice? My fears have definitely been absolved. If, for whatever reason, this place DOESN'T end up being the place, just knowing prices+accommodations like what I've found exist, make me hopeful that there's got to be others out there.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SO ENOUGH GENERALIZATIONS! DO YOU GUYS WANT TO SEE IT??!!?!?! I am so excited to go visit this place and get a feel for it. Just online alone already makes me giddy.

It's called The Chateau at Incline Village. It's in Lake Tahoe (NV side). This is what it looks like:

The-Chateau-Incline-Village-A-Day-to-Remember.jpg

IV-banquet.jpg
image4.jpg

sub_banner_chateau.jpg

SO PERFECT FOR A WINTER WEDDING RIGHT!?!?! With the white snow, the large fireplace, the vaulted ceilings and wood rafters, Oh my!

So...that's it. You don't have to respond or anything, I just wanted to share with SOMEONE!

This is where we're having ours - http://libraryrestaurant.com/functions/

Small, quaint, peaceful, and surrounded by books. XD

But yeah, I'm similar to typhor. We got the cake we wanted, I get steak, and it's coming in around budget. Well, I'm paying more for the honeymoon than the wedding overall, so... Worth.

Probably around 100. It all depends on what all is left in the budget, but one option is just having the bar for 3 or 4 hours. We only get the venue for 7, so if we cut off alcohol an hour or two before the end, it's probably better. I doubt ANY of our guests know how to drive in snow so....safety and whatnot. Haha

Also, a large part of the room (it's a ballroom) will include dance floor and possible DJ set up if we decide to go that route. So it's not like...the whole room just for sitting. Lol

Anything Lake Tahoe is absolutely beautiful. I think you made a great choice of location![DOUBLEPOST=1422563727,1422563694][/DOUBLEPOST]
Most specifically, good hookers and blow?
Lol Bruce, that would be at Stateline!

Awesome, I'm really glad to hear that. All that's left is scheduling a tour and actually going up there to visit. Eep!

Awesome, I'm really glad to hear that. All that's left is scheduling a tour and actually going up there to visit. Eep!

Oh that stuff is fun though. You get to be in all of that "pre-wedding bliss" moment and romanticize your perfect wedding and whatnot.

Seriously. This is their special day; and if you can't treat that with more respect, there's the door. Some people, man.

I leave for like 20 minutes to actually do some work...

What is going on!?! I don't even know anymore. Hahah

Seriously though, I really don't care what you guys say or do XD Like I said in the OP, I didn't even need people to respond, just wanted to feel like I was sharing my excitement with someone.

But thank you Deja, I appreciate the thought! :)

Troll away, all.

Top Bottom