What's new

What is your TV Guide List?

tr1age

Administrator
Staff member
My current List of shows I watch on a regular basis is: (thank god for Hulu, cause I don't actually own a TV or have cable)
  1. Modern Family (amazing never unhappy with an episode)
  2. Family Guy
  3. Burn Notice (like this before the rest of the yuppies! MacGuiver for the 20th century, how could you not love it!)
  4. The Walking Dead (ZOMBIES!!)
  5. Hells Kitchen (made it to season 9 then it got boring)
  6. Kitchen Nightmares (you will never eat at a restaurant the same again)
  7. Hotel Nightmares (just started)
  8. Jersey Shore... Sadly...
  9. Fringe (Modern Day X Files where they show the abnormalities)
  10. Misfits (Delinquent kids with super powers.. it is also british)
  11. The Office
  12. Homeland (Drama about terrorists!)
  13. New Girl (comedy)
  14. Falling Skies (Generic Alien invasion scenario)
Shows I miss:
  • Kings (also good if you didn't see it yet, a great look at old rennasaince religion and war set in modern futuristic times)
  • Kyle XY
  • Dead Like Me (SO AMAZING, still amazing if you haven't seen it)
  • Terra Nova (It grew on me haha)
  • Flashpoint (Canadian series was REALLY GOOD)

I give every show a chance really. Most make one episode or less. Some get watched every time a new one comes out. And a select few I go out and buy to keep forever.

A few series I own and would recommend.
1. Firefly and the movie offshoot Serenity
2. The Wire
3. Terriers (one short season before it got canceled)
4. The Newsroom (new series last year)

Some of the good stuff I make sure and always see
1. Walking Dead
2. Homeland
3. Game of Thrones
4. Community
5. Parenthood
6. Good Wife
7. Big Bang Theory
8. Shameless US
9. Girls

Some of the shows I really like for one reason or another, but don't have to watch the day they come out.
1. New Girl
2. The New Normal (thought this would be crap, but the writing and acting is pretty awesome and compelling)
3. Castle
4. Blue Bloods
5. Nashville
6. How I Met Your Mother
7. Reality Shows (my guilty pleasure) Survivor, Jersey Shore, Gold Rush, MTV Challenge/Real World, etc.
8. Californication (season 1 was amazing the rest are good but not great. They should have ended it at the end of last season, it would have been perfect)

This really is the tip of the iceberg with me. I watch tons and tons of stuff to fill the hours when at work and when I am not doing stuff on the weekend. I do have a tendency to stay up at night on my weekends since I work grave yard shift during the week. Its hard to do things other than watch tv/movies when the other person in the house is sleeping.

I know tons of people like Dexter, but I think its pretty crap. The writing is lazy and the acting is BAD. Some of the crap they come up with to put him in bad situations and then get him out of them is just ridiculous.

Breaking Bad is almost in the same boat, I have watched season 1 and half of season 2 and not a fan, but not giving up on it just yet. At least the acting is good and it has promise with the story. Its so slow in delivering on its promise of an edgy show. The only reason I am sticking with it is people keep telling me it will get better.

Game of Thrones - can't wait for the new season to start!
The Walking Dead - I love 'after the apocolypse' shows, and it has zombies!
Big Bang Theory - if you haven't watched this.. go now, watch it!
Revolution - great new 'after the apocolypse' show
New Girl - Jess make me think of myself =P
Mike and Molly - just plain funny
2 Broke Girls - funny as well
Grey's Anatomy - got hooked after like the 3rd season
Private Practice - started watching the 1st season, it's on the last season =(
Fringe - can't miss it, also last season
Go On - reminds me of what I might go through soon =x
Ben and Kate - almost gave up on this one, but it's pretty funny
Criminal Minds - I ONLY watch if with my husband, can't stay interested without him (not usually my kinda show, but I like it)
Survivor - refused to watch it for the first couple seasons, caught the 4th I think and never looked back, lol
Big Brother - never heard of it til season 3

There's probably more, but those are either what's on now or what I can remember. Come to think of it, it seems I don't watch TV if my husband isn't here, our DVR is like 75% full =x Need to get watchin, but I'd rather be playing on the computer =P

Shows I miss:

Eureka! - omg I miss that show so much, totally my favorite ever - watch this on netflix or w/e if you've never seen it
Heroes - LOVED this show, only watched it after it was cancelled, got to watch the entire series on netflix, was awesome!
Firefly - only watched after is was cancelled, but it was great
V - it looked very promising
No Ordinary Family - coulda been good
Terra Nova - I liked it too
Boston Legal - ONLY watch with my husband
Harry's Law - another one I only watch with my husband, but I still liked it
Pushing Daisies - not sure what I like about this one, it was very quirky
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Cronicles - I really like Summer Glau - she's hot, lol
The Event - barely remember this one, but I know we watched it religiously

All I can think of, I'm sure there's more, lol

I never have watched much TV, don't really have time for it. But Belial actually turned me on to "Breaking Bad" and "Sons of Anarchy". I occasionally will catch an episode of Big Bang Theory or How I Met Your Mother, the few episodes I've seen were very entertaining. I also watched Once Upon A Time on Netflix and was disappointed to get to the end of that.

Ok. So I practically live on the cyber planet Netflix. I've watched nearly every show on there and still going when they add more. So here's a short and decisive list which was really hard for me to narrow down. I have so many favorite show past and present and over 20 complete shows on dvd. Also I really try to stay away from reality television because its usually worthless crap, but I have a few guilty pleasures (mostly food, syfy, and discovery channel stuff). I can also spend a whole day off watching documentaries ( I love history and science stuff).

Current shows that I am watching or have recently watched and can't get enough of. Some are not aired anymore.:

- Sons of Anarchy (Brutally gripping)
- Battlestar Galactica (Very deep and intriguing and deserves a watch by any scifi fan)
- Dexter (Great)
- Game of Thrones (Epic)
- Workaholics
- How I Met Your Mother
- The League
- Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia
- The Walking Dead (Been a good ride so far)
- Weeds (Legalize it!)
- Warehouse 13 (deeper than expected)
- Hell on Wheels (I like it)
And there's probably some I've missed.
----------------------------
Shows I really miss that got cancelled because of shit like Honey Boo Boo!:

- Firefly (13 episodes of pure glory)
- Freaks and Geeks (classic)
- Jericho
- Undeclared
- Terra Nova (grew on me as well after watching it on Netflix. Didnt care for it on air)
- Todd and the Book of Pure Evil (Canadians do over the top really well)
- Death Valley (It ended with such a big cliffhanger!)
- Flash-Forward
- Surface (It was just getting good.)
- Alcatraz (It was developing its characters and had promise to become the next Lost)
- The River (I wanted answers)
And many more great short-lived shows.

And "LOST" is my favorite all time show!

w8yTc.png

and One Piece; it's up to episode 580... just keeps going and going.

A number of shows I was watching just ended so I'm starting up a number of new ones soon.
I'm most excited about seeing more Hunter X Hunter, but find Shin Sekai Yori most interesting.
I'm sad that Sword Art Online just ended.

Shows I am enjoying now:

1. The Walking Dead-Friggin amazing show, just amazing.
2.Revolution- Interesting take on the apocalypse.
3. Fringe- J.J. Abrams was a creator, and I love almost anything he has his hand in. The show is like x-files on cocaine in a ferarri doing 200 in another dimension.
4. Burn Notice- Great show! Awesome take on the spy genre plus you have Ash from the Evil Dead playing a character in it..no contest.
5. Falling Skies- Aliens invade earth, survivors lead the resistance towards hopeful victory. Join the 2nd Massachusetts Militia Regiment today!
6. Game of Thrones- Still have to get around to picking up the books but I loved Seasons 1+2 and cant wait for 3!
Stuff that I love that has previously aired or been cancelled due to retarded network people:

1. Firefly- BEST SHOW EVER. Created by Joss Whedon! If you don't know what Firefly is or why it is the best show ever, you're doing the geek thing wrong!
2. Battlestar Galactica- The remade version was four seasons and multiple movies worth of pure awesome. That and I have a ridiculous love for Katee Sackhoff ever since I watched that show.
3.Stargate SG-1- Ten seasons of travelling all over the galaxies, with MacGuyver as your team leader!
4. Jericho- Damn them for cancelling this, it was gettin really good!
5. Flash-Forward- Short but quite a great sci-fi concept and very fun to watch.
6. Lost- Wtf.....seriously what the fuck?....crazy show, loved it though. J.J. Abrams at work again lol.

Watching now on Netflix/Crackle:

Walking Dead: Just watched the first one. I waited too long to start watching it
Dr Who: I think I'm on the last season. Taking a break after a long marathon
My Little Pony: Don't hate.
Mythbusters: Watched em all, but I rewatch the ones I like
Xmen: an anime version on Crackle. not totally sold on it yet
Glee: 3 seasons on Netflix, WTB more, kthx.
Avengers: VERY well done cartoon. 2 seasons up, just finished.
BBQ Pitmasters: First season is boring, 2nd is decent. Gotta love BBQ if you live in KC
Better Off Ted: Humor reminds me of Arrested Development. priceless.

Shows I miss:

Arrested Development: Release the Season 4 Netflix exclusive NEOW!
Bleach: Suffered from crappy filler episodes
Naruto: Ditto to Bleach, and got too repitive, a'la DBZ

That's the short list, lawl.

-White Collar
-Suits
-MLP
-New Girl
-Glee
-How I meet your mother
-American Horror Story

Bunch of other shit too. I just dont remember it all. :(

Watching now on Netflix/Crackle:

Walking Dead: Just watched the first one. I waited too long to start watching it
Dr Who: I think I'm on the last season. Taking a break after a long marathon
My Little Pony: Don't hate.
Mythbusters: Watched em all, but I rewatch the ones I like
Xmen: an anime version on Crackle. not totally sold on it yet
Glee: 3 seasons on Netflix, WTB more, kthx.
Avengers: VERY well done cartoon. 2 seasons up, just finished.
BBQ Pitmasters: First season is boring, 2nd is decent. Gotta love BBQ if you live in KC
Better Off Ted: Humor reminds me of Arrested Development. priceless.

Shows I miss:

Arrested Development: Release the Season 4 Netflix exclusive NEOW!
Bleach: Suffered from crappy filler episodes
Naruto: Ditto to Bleach, and got too repitive, a'la DBZ

That's the short list, lawl.
Pick up One Piece. It has a fillers just like Bleach and Naruto but i weave in and out and skip fillers or just watch them because the show is awesome.

Netflix:

Jericho: Just started watching, very interesting. They start the show off with a blast (literally, a nuclear blast)
The Walking Dead: Just finished second season and and wanting the 3rd pretty badly. Wife goes and watches tv in the bedroom when this is on lol

Not really much else at the moment. Way to much work, not enough me and wife time.

Pick up One Piece. It has a fillers just like Bleach and Naruto but i weave in and out and skip fillers or just watch them because the show is awesome.

Netflix:

Jericho: Just started watching, very interesting. They start the show off with a blast (literally, a nuclear blast)
The Walking Dead: Just finished second season and and wanting the 3rd pretty badly. Wife goes and watches tv in the bedroom when this is on lol

Not really much else at the moment. Way to much work, not enough me and wife time.
I tried watching One Piece because I really enjoyed the manga, but I didn't care for the voice acting. I may try to suffer through until I get used to it.

I've heard of Jericho. I'll try it out.

I watched 2 seasons of The Walking Dead. Feeling pretty burnt out on it now, but it's fun.

I have a lot of shows that I really love, and it's sad that I don't have enough time to watch them all anymore. This thread is reminding me of so many shows that I just lost track of after season breaks and stuff!

Hulu/Netflix come in so handy these days for catching up and finding new shows.

Love em or hate em, these are my favorite comedies right now
How I Met Your Mother
New Girl
Big Bang Theory
Modern Family
Person of Interest (JJ Abrams' cop/mystery/save the day, I find it entertaining)
Homeland (haven't been held in suspense so much since early seasons of 24)
Misfits (Heroes with juvenile delinquents, british, very entertaining)
The Yard (canadian show I found on Hulu, very interesting metaphors for adult life told through the eyes of elementary students)
Spy
Peep Show
Walking Dead
Game of Thrones
Breaking Bad
Sons of Anarcy (just recently started this, awesome)
BBC's Merlin

Shows I Miss
MacGyver (will always hold a place in my heart)
Stargate SG1
Firefly
Jericho
Eureka

Off the top of my head/queue! I love me some TV, but Netflix has spoiled me. Too used to blowing through a season and then having to watch a show weekly becomes arduous sometimes...

it's funny you mention SG1 as I am currently on the adventure of rewatching all the SG1 from the start. Only up to season 5, so have a bit to go as yet.

Game of Thrones
New Girl
Big Bang Theory
Community
The Office (finished /sadface)
Alphas (Done after 2 season another /sadface)
NCIS: LA
How I Met Your Mother
Revolution
Grimm
Blue Mountain State (Wish I knew what was going on with this one!)
Elementary (Sherlock Holmes show)
Arrow
Defiance
Vikings
The Glades
Dexter
True Blood
The Walking Dead (Watched up to season 2 which was boring/crap so I stopped there)

Shows to watch:
Gilligans Island (watched some as a kid, always loved it)
Super Natural (Haven't watched any yet)
Arrested Development (Near the end of Season 1)

I think I will stop here, I am sure there are a couple I am missing though lol

I mostly only watch stuff on Netflix, and in huge chunks. Most of these I'm still catching up on and am seasons-behind.

Shows I'm watching/catching up on:
Game of Thrones (I wait until I have a few eps, then watch via HBO Go)
Fringe
Eureka
Warehouse 13
How I Met Your Mother (never watched this, just started on Netflix, it's hilarious)
Arrested Development (never watched this, just started on Netflix, to catch up for new eps)
Burn Notice (still catching up via netflix)
Lost Girl (guilty pleasure)
Veep
House of Cards

Shows I want to watch sometime:
Vikings
Breaking Bad

Shows I miss:
Firefly (duh)
Dead Like Me (almost as sad about this being cancelled as I am about Firefly)
The Finder (It was a fun show)
Terra Nova (Dinosaurs.. hell yeah!)
Jericho
Freaks and Geeks

I watch a lot of shows. DVR mostly but during work I'll catch up on stuff that I hear about. Your lists will give me some new stuff to look into.

What I watch online:
- Game of Thrones
- Arrested Development
- Misfits

As far as what I watch currently on TV:
- How I Met Your Mother
- Revolution
- Castle
- Hawaii 5-0
- New Girl
- Hell's Kitchen
- Top Chef
- Modern Family
- Big Bang Theory
- Community
- The Office (RIP)
- Parks and Recreation
- Rookie Blue
- Revenge
- Covert Affairs
- Necessary Roughness
- The Walking Dead

- Revolution
I was really excited for this and it failed my expectations. Especially what happened in the first episode of the second season.

They spend the entire first season finding Danny and then the second season goes "nope, gone forever. He dead now." Stopped watching.

Top Bottom