What's new

Which Cat is Cuter?

Which Cat is Cuter?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ToxicAsF

Over Analystical Extreme Gambler
Currently, Caroline and I have started filling out some paperwork to adopt a cat from an animal shelter. We're both cat people (I love dogs too, but man I hate the work that goes along with it) and we've been arguing about which cat is cuter.

Annie

Ashley

We're hoping to snag one of these cuties soon, but thought it's be funny to see what you guys thought was cuter.

Annie is definitely cuter but I'd pick Ashley, because I like black cats. They're usually really sweet. You also have to worry about halloween time, but that's half the fun.

Ashley! Black cats don't get enough lovin. My local shelters actually adopt black animals at half the cost of the rest, and then they waive some fees on top of that.

If you're in the market for a pet and don't mind a black one, there's a very high chance you'll be saving it's life.

That said, I have two cats - one orange and one black. My black cat is SUCH A PAIN IN THE ASS. I love her though. No lie.

Oh, I absolutely love black cats too (my last cat was black with some tiger mixed in, I'll post a picture at some point). I just can't resist that picture of Annie though. But Caroline is wicked drawn in by Ashley (because it reminds her of her original cat).

We're hoping we can get approved quickly and take one home this weekend so we have a long holiday weekend to get it accustomed to living with us, but we'll see!

I can almost guarantee that the black cat will end up being friendlier. Annie is adorable though.

The real question should be why not both?

Also, we can easily turn this into a forum game.

The real question should be why not both?

Space. We just don't have the space to accommodate two cats. We really had to get rid a ton of stuff to accommodate the one cat actually (very good excuse to do a true spring cleaning, tons of clothes and trinkets donated to clear out space, and junk thrown away). We are still in a studio with a loft, and it'd probably be unfair to have two cats without at least another room for them to be away from each other. Because cats.

I hope you guys realize you aren't clearing out space for the cat. You are clearing out space for yourselves. The cat will come and take over all of your existing space and you'll be left fending for the leftover room.

I hope you guys realize you aren't clearing out space for the cat. You are clearing out space for yourselves. The cat will come and take over all of your existing space and you'll be left fending for the leftover room.

Yup! We know this. It's funny too, we have SO MANY god damn blankets, it'll be funny to see which the cat claims first... Because we all know anything soft will officially belong to the cat, but the transition will be cute.

[rant on]
Well....
My opinion,
Cats are just women in animal form. The cute innocent ones are extremely dangerous because they change once the papers are signed.
The messed up but intriguing ones are pretty much the same throught the process of life. At least you know exactly what you are getting into.

Go with Ashley
Looks interesting, black cats are more interesting and if you ever do win her over then you can feel proud. (worst case she just lives with and ignores you most of the time)
My friend had an awesome black cat that lived for 19 years -and might be alive today!- that literally had 9 lives. As in we saw it die, or picked up the corpse a couple times, but it came back... Which is why I said "might be alive" as in it had one life left the last time I saw it at 19 years old!
The other ball of problems will most likely turn into a nightmare the second you get it home and that expectation castle isn't there. (best case you watch her chase a feather for a second or two because "now is not make up for earlier time" in-between her daily "not enough attention on me" scratch fests.)
[/rant off]

So um, the bottom one

I personally like the black cat.

HOWEVER...

you should go handle and have some play time with each cat to see which personality fits you two the best. That is way more important than the look of a cat.

also this.
http://theoatmeal.com/misc/frame/cat_kill

Yup! That's our plan after work today. We're going to go in and meet the cats. Both of them may hate us and we might find a better cat.

That said, apparently Annie is having difficulty at shelter life (doesn't get along well with other cats and stays secluded) while Ashley is super super friendly with everyone and everything.

apparently Annie is having difficulty at shelter life (doesn't get along well with other cats and stays secluded) while Ashley is super super friendly with everyone and everything.

that sucks. It will be a problem seeing Annie's personality then. It sounds like one of those cats you can take a risk on and it will either be awesome or totally independent and not want anything to do with you. It's always awesome to rescue those cause they may not get rescued otherwise.

So how did the meet and greet go today?

Great actually. The place was pretty chill, some of the cats were free roaming.

Annie was a sweetie. She just laid on a window bed and let us pet her for ages, but whenever another cat came around she got all pissy and growly. She wasn't quite as cute as the picture though (think dating website differences). She was definitely a kitten when the picture was taken.

Ashley was in a confined space because she apparently caught a kitty cold. But when we played with her she was super friendly and snuggly. She also has a small white patch on her chest, so she's not 100% black (which is awesome).

We're going to pick up Ashley tomorrow, but we'll probably call her Ashe instead.

Great actually. The place was pretty chill, some of the cats were free roaming.

Annie was a sweetie. She just laid on a window bed and let us pet her for ages, but whenever another cat came around she got all pissy and growly. She wasn't quite as cute as the picture though (think dating website differences). She was definitely a kitten when the picture was taken.

Ashley was in a confined space because she apparently caught a kitty cold. But when we played with her she was super friendly and snuggly. She also has a small white patch on her chest, so she's not 100% black (which is awesome).

We're going to pick up Ashley tomorrow, but we'll probably call her Ashe instead.
Aww I'm glad you guys found a kitty!

I hate when the advertised picture is different ...

Top Bottom