What's new

Wildstar Wildstar Class Speculation and Preferences

What Class Do You Think You'll Be Playing At Launch?

• Total voters
The Stalker by far is my favorite class. I have always been a fan of stealth oriented playstyles and I enjoyed evasion tanking when I played WoW. So I''m sure I will be playing both the dps and tanking aspects of the stalker!

I'd like a shaman-style tank. Maybe a tech type with turrets instead of totems. I was always bummed that shamans couldn't tank in WoW. Why can they equip shields??

The crazy part is that the enhancement tree used to have talents that reduced physical damage, increased block, and increased threat generation (with Rockbiter weapon). I tried it back when you could split talents into two trees and do weird hybrid builds. It was fine until boss mobs started hitting you (even in 5mans). :(

The crazy part is that the enhancement tree used to have talents that reduced physical damage, increased block, and increased threat generation (with Rockbiter weapon). I tried it back when you could split talents into two trees and do weird hybrid builds. It was fine until boss mobs started hitting you (even in 5mans). :(
Yeah, same here. I don't know if Blizz thought that damage mitigation would be fun for leveling or what, but shammy "tanks" were completely useless, even at low levels.

I'd like to see a tank in WS that uses totems or turrets to create AOEs for damage mitigation/threat generation. Rather than dodging damage like a stalker or taking it like a warrior, the third class could prevent the damage through magic barriers.

Have had warrior mains in every MMo I've ever played, chances are will go tank in WS as well.

Although a close range healer does sound good.

Definately going to have to screw around with the classes in beta or at launch before I can decide.

Brrrraraaagh it's just too damn exciting I can't wait to hear what the last classes are =l

One of the really cool things I just remembered about tank specs is that if you taunt in pvp the person you taunted does reduced damage to everyone but you. It means they attack you or are gimped. Best use of taunt in pvp ever.

One of the really cool things I just remembered about tank specs is that if you taunt in pvp the person you taunted does reduced damage to everyone but you. It means they attack you or are gimped. Best use of taunt in pvp ever.

They also mentioned tanks in pvp having a grappling hook kind of technique. Also, disarming removes the weapon from the person and it lands on the ground. Can't use it again until they pick it up. Tanks can also physically prevent them from getting back to their weapon. FUN STUFF!

That shit is AWESOME. Way to use a skill in every possible scenario!

That shit is AWESOME. Way to use a skill in every possible scenario!

Yeah, that's better than making them face you or target you, which is annoying but could be corrected immediately. I"ll be interested to see if Carbine can have fully realized PvP and PvE using the same specs and gear. That's something WoW had a really hard time figuring out. I'm not sure they ever did.

They addressed this already by saying that each skill is adjustable vs mob or players. They can tweak a skill for pvp and not pve and vice versa.

They addressed this already by saying that each skill is adjustable vs mob or players. They can tweak a skill for pvp and not pve and vice versa.

I think that's brilliant. I don't want to respec and change all my gear just for PvP. I'm a 98% PvE player anyway, so I have no motivation to chase another set of gear.

well, there will be pve and pvp optimized gear, but I seem to recall they will have top tier pvp gear drop in the top tier raids too.

well, there will be pve and pvp optimized gear, but I seem to recall they will have top tier pvp gear drop in the top tier raids too.

That, combined with being able to tune skills for PvE/PvP is excellent. What a brilliant idea.

I always hated the grind (in WoW) around trying to get good PvP gear, especially when you're already sitting pretty in a full array of BiS gear for raiding for both Tank and DPS roles.

So if they make that shit a lot cleaner to do, I'll be super happy.

I just hope the pvp gear that drops in raids is also good for pve. I hate to loose gear drops to pvp

It all depends on the drop rates, I guess.

There's nothing worse than going on raids every week and never seeing your gear drop. Or seeing it drop and go to someone else in the group.

But when you're a Main Tank, you never seem to have that problem! :p

I still remember 40-man Nax, and getting my tanking gear on our first 4/6 boss kills. That shit was awesome.

I'd like to comment I have no issues running content ad infinitum (as long as it doesn't put me to sleep), to help guildies get gear. I don't care if its dungeons or raids. If I'm set for gear, I will gear the shit out of people. I'm a little bit carebear like that.

This pictures proves to me that Granok will use guns. They must!
granok1337.jpg

A Granok with a shotgun just seems awesome to me :D:eek:mg:

I just hope the pvp gear that drops in raids is also good for pve. I hate to loose gear drops to pvp
THIS.

I'm not a PvPer. I don't want to spend 4 hours on a 40 man raid only to have PvP loot drop. I'm sorry if you don't like the PvP grind, but that's how we get our gear in PvE- we grind and farm and harvest and grind and bake the bread...

That metaphor got away from me, but you know what I mean!

Hey guys, new member here. I'm looking forward to the possible engineer class that I am sure they will announce fairly soon. I love the idea of a bot for a pet and different types of bots for different situations. Seems they would probably also tank, utilizing the bots in a really cool threat generating way. I however would want to go the dps route with the engy. My ideal set up would be Chua dps engy with the settler path. It's looking like this guild is leaning toward the exile faction so I'd probably either pick Aurin or Human, but definitely going settler with my engy.

MOD EDIT: Be careful with posting info as Wildstar is still under NDA. Thanks. http://alttabme.com/forum/index.php?threads/nda-what-it-means-and-why-we-follow-it.3282/

Top Bottom